PDA

View Full Version : Came out to a friend

Rhandi Spencer
07-07-2016, 10:49 AM
I have been having conversations with a family friend and through the course of discussion, I came out to her.
I was surprised that it did not phase her one bit. We have been having a lot more discussions, but she is fully supportive.

Amazing how it feels to have the door open to the closet.

Randi

ClosetED
07-07-2016, 10:51 AM
Congratulations! I hope this is a sign that more of society is accepting.
Hugs, Ellen

Teresa
07-07-2016, 01:21 PM
Randi,
It does feel great to open up to people, most of the fear is in our heads , the point to remember is she may be OK about knowing but she won't want to talk about all the time.
It is amazing how the circle grows, I now wonder who I've come out to and if they have passed it on, it doesn't concern me , and my wife knows that. You can't live with Cding if it creates pressure all the time, we do need to let that out and tell people .

Brandy Mathews
07-07-2016, 06:20 PM
I totally agree. In fact, I am thinking of doing that with a woman that I date, this weekend. Kind of nervous about it I guess. But I am just going to work into it slowly and go from there. She is a pretty understanding woman. I had a girlfriend years ago that knew and we had so much fun helping each other with our nails, makeup. I dearly loved it when she did my eyes, so sexy! And I loved shopping with her too. So I guess I cannot wait until tomorrow nite!!!! Wish me luck ladies.
Hugs,
Bree :daydreaming:

taylormercedes
07-08-2016, 06:15 AM
It feels great, at least in my opinion, when you have people close with you know. I think it allows more freedom and less stress of having to hide secrets.

Ressie
07-08-2016, 07:48 AM
I noticed that it's almost always a woman friend that CDs come out to. I've known some women that have a way of getting me to talk about things that I wouldn't normally talk about. Kind of like talking to a shrink. Come to think of it, I've told several women throughout my life about my crossdressing, but I've never told any of my male friends.

Rhandi Spencer
07-08-2016, 10:05 AM
Ressie,
I agree. It seems I can share more openly with my girlfriends then my friends that are male.
I am still careful as I have plenty of female friends that are judgemental.

Thanks for the comments.

Tina81
07-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Our 26-year old daughter was home recently, visiting from St Paul. I told her about my cross-dressing. She said, so what's the big deal. She knows about a dozen guy friends some of whom are married who wear skirts to dresses and a couple who attempt to blend in with make up and a wig. When she returned home, she sent us the following link: http://everydayfeminism.com/2014/03/too-queer-for-your-binary/
an excerpt: Each individual has their own way of expressing (or not expressing) this, but it wouldn’t be unusual to see a multigender person express their gender with bowties and sport coats one day, and a gorgeous, sheen dress the next.