PDA

View Full Version : Who reacts better to coming out has Trans/CD men or women?

shyselina
07-08-2016, 09:52 PM
I have told male and female friends that I am transgendered. All of them have taken to it and embraced me completely. I have not told some because I know how they think. Anyway my question is when coming out, did you find women better accepting or men?

TrishaTX
07-08-2016, 10:21 PM
If the women is not your mate, then I'd say women

sometimes_miss
07-09-2016, 06:03 AM
If the women is not your mate, then I'd say women
^this. I agree. Mainly because they will not feel threatened by it.

Tina81
07-09-2016, 06:37 AM
It all depends on how open-minded they are towards gender expression. From what I've observed and read, the younger generation appears more open to someone being Trans or CD. My question is do you tell me you are transgender or a cross-dresser who is heterosexual and identifies as a man but like to express the feminine gender?

Crystal Beth
07-09-2016, 11:33 AM
In my experiences, women have always reacted better. It is like they have a new"girlfriend" or a new doll to play with. The benifit has been lots of free clothes!!! Help with makeup and a winggirl has been another benifit

shyselina
07-09-2016, 11:46 AM
I have just come out as Transgendered. Everyone I told embraced me!!

- - - Updated - - -

In my experiences, women have always reacted better. It is like they have a new"girlfriend" or a new doll to play with. The benifit has been lots of free clothes!!! Help with makeup and a winggirl has been another benifit
I agree women seem to want to bring their new gf out. and yes I got some more clothes out of it

Alice Torn
07-09-2016, 11:54 AM
I agree with Trisha. Women not involved with a cd, are usually tolerant, but ones i wanted to have relationship with , said, basically, NO, stop doing that.

Stephanie47
07-09-2016, 12:02 PM
Men and women tend to associate with like minded individuals. Birds of a feather flock together. I'd have to look at the signatories on the Initiative 1515 petitions to restrict the choice of bathrooms (Washington State). What's the percentage of men and women who signed? Generally I'd say it's women who are the most accepting, but, NIMBY.

I Am Paula
07-09-2016, 12:02 PM
At the start, women seem to have an easier time with it. When you come out to a male, get ready...they're going to play the gay card one way or another. At the end of the day, both can be turned to your side, so really...50/50.
Women are more likely to say- let's shop!

An example of men's reactions-
So your gay.
No, I like men, that's straight, I'm a woman.
I... don't... think... so...your gay.
Gay would be liking women.
I like women, and I'm not gay.