PDA

View Full Version : Is it in the brain, too?

Jenny22
07-11-2016, 12:48 PM
If you Google Ambiguous Genitalia or Intersex, both the internal and external sex organs of a developing fetus can become very 'confused', and when the baby is born, even doctors may not be able to tell if it is male or female. What's my point, I hear you ask?
Simply stated, if that can happen to a body, can't the same thing essentially develop in the brain ... confusion of one's mental sex when it doesn't agree with one's body's sex? I truly believe that's why MY brain is hard wired in it's female longings.
If you feel essentially the same way, please add your thoughts.

Teresa
07-11-2016, 01:18 PM
Jenny,
Yes it has been proved, our genitals develop at different times to the brain deciding sexuality, the wiring isn't always correct so we are born with various levels of GD. It affects some more than others depending how mixed up the wiring is. The point is many of us are born like it, but it's only really now being accepted that it's a part of us and there is nothing we can do to change it or be analysed in any way to be changed.

Sadly we need forums like this one or counselling to enable us to make other people understand and accept us .

When you look at like this it does beg the question , " What is so wrong with what we do ?" , we are attempting to live our lives trying to deal with the needs of what nature threw at us !

pamela7
07-11-2016, 01:29 PM
the book "brain sex" is all about this, written in the 90's i think.

xxx Pam

Julie Gaum
07-11-2016, 05:02 PM
Jenny, recent findings, written up extensively, indicates not only in fetus (uterus) development but continues to be hard wired in the very first few years of life. Causes are still vague. You can't do a thing about it so be happy.
Julie

Dana44
07-11-2016, 05:24 PM
I am a bit unusual as I am a DES kid, that meant that synthetic estrogen washed over me during development. MY hormones are at eighty percent female and twenty percent male. Boy it was quite and experience growing up. Socialized male with feminine thoughts, uh huh very confusing and on top of all that my brain switches between masculine to feminine and back. So yeah very strange all my life and I became a natural crossdresser because my fem side seemed to want to express itself. Boy I can remember some times switching after a scuba dive for instance. I would stand on the deck of the boat looking out into the horizon shaking my head, like what is this feeling I have. Many of girls would come up and put their arms around me and ask what is wrong. LOL, like you could tell them right?
Yep the brain runs us and what a trip trough life knowing you are very far different than a male is. I had to bet to my own drum.

Lana Mae
07-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Did not realize until older and looked into it(last year to this year). Reflection of life events and BINGO! There it was! Much female in brain, look spent my life as a nurse! There is no changing this thing, we are just wired that way to greater or lesser extent!! Hugs Lana Mae

Fiona123
07-11-2016, 07:06 PM
I'm fairly certain my crossdressing is hard wired. Does it make any difference? If dressing brings one emotional and physical pleasure isn't that all that counts?🌺👗

Rachelakld
07-12-2016, 01:53 AM
mine is wired both ways, so doesn't really meet the criteria of biology

pamela7
07-12-2016, 02:00 AM
how do you know that, Rachel?
the female brain is generally wired for communication, languages, but there are many excellent male communicators and linguists. the male brain is wired for spatio-temporal activity, but many women are good at this too.

Imho, we're all wired with it all, but unless we DO something with it all, then the neural pathways wither and we reinforce patterns of one form.

I'd say that our CD community comprises folk who've decided not to let their feminine aspects erode away. As the native twin-spirit beliefs go, we're more connected and make a good link between the binaries.

Hell on Heels
07-12-2016, 03:39 AM
Hell-o Pamela,
There are differences between certain parts
of the male and female brains. And with all the
intricacies of the central nervous system, why wouldn't
there be some "cross wiring" goin' on?
Much Love,
Kristyn

Sarasometimes
07-12-2016, 07:50 AM
There is every form of the human condition/variety. In a scant 9 months a lot of things happen with an incalculable mix of variations and then we are born. So if the genitalia can have vast variations certainly how we think will have those too. Couple that with the fact we start out female and then get converted, there would certainly be chances for that to have huge variation too.
On a more lighter note here is a link to a comedian who was/is also a psychologist? I see some real truth in this but his delivery is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ9L9YBJkk8