PDA

View Full Version : First in flight :p

JanePeterson
07-22-2016, 08:21 AM
Morning!! Taking my first flight... TSA and ticket folks couldn't care less, so far just some swivel headed confused looks from some passengers, but hey this is detroit- no death threats or angry mobs yet - how about that airplane food though, am I right?!

tgirlamc
07-22-2016, 09:48 AM
Congrats Jane!!!!! ... It can be nice to just be treated with the same indifference as everyone else!!!...I was a bit nervous before my first flight about the TSA part... I was happy when they just said thank you miss and sent me on my way! :)

Mirya
07-22-2016, 10:28 AM
Congratulations on your first flight milestone!

Are you travelling for business? Or for vacation?

PretzelGirl
07-22-2016, 11:53 AM
Nice when it is just another day.....

becky77
07-22-2016, 12:22 PM
My first fight was only last week believe it or not, it didn't occur to me it was anything out of the usual.
A little different for you though currently, well done glad it was a non event 😊

Lauri K
07-22-2016, 12:37 PM
So glad to hear positive news that you made the flight without any issues, I hope this trend continues.

I guess I missed the announcement to update avatars to show your leg's ........

grace7777
07-22-2016, 01:05 PM
Happy to hear everything went well for you.

KymberlyOct
07-22-2016, 02:18 PM
Happy to hear it went well Jane. Question for you as I plan on doing the name change and drivers license early next year. What does your ID say that you presented to TSA? Your name or dead name / current pic / correct gender identity? I might have been a little self conscious asking but I know you're not shy !!! Thanks

Jennifer-GWN
07-22-2016, 02:53 PM
...well look at you Miss Jane. She's flying high!!!!

JanePeterson
07-22-2016, 04:57 PM
Thanks everyone!!

Still on the plane :p

Kym - I used my dude id all the way and nobody cared - didn't even blink -

PretzelGirl
07-22-2016, 05:01 PM

Jump on in Lauri!

Kym - I used my dude id all the way and nobody cared - didn't even blink -

Somehow I bet you walked up like it was something you did all the time and they didn't sense a thing wrong (cause there wasn't!).

PaulaQ
07-22-2016, 06:01 PM
Congrats Jane!

Lorileah
07-23-2016, 03:08 PM
wait...you got food?

Heidi Stevens
07-23-2016, 03:43 PM
I had a great chance to fly pretty last fall but the hassle of returning the rental, using the shuttle bus and having 3 large pieces of luggage kept me from going forward with my plan. I'm glad you got right thru with no troubles, Jane!
We'll see how it goes next time as I have signed up for a Known Traveller Number. Problem was they didn't have a box to check if you travel dressed!

pamela7
07-24-2016, 01:28 AM
Congratulations Jane. I did my first flight openly as "me" in February, and really they don't care, and neither really do the passengers. The more of us who do, the more normal it will seem to the rest of the world.

xxx Pam

Marcelle
07-24-2016, 06:30 AM
wait...you got food?

LOL . . . isn't "little salty cracker snacks" a major food group? :eek:

Jennifer-GWN
07-24-2016, 08:59 AM
Personally I think it's quite funny when the guy in front of you gets asked by tsa if you're a married couple and traveling together. Ok fine... I was tailgating a bit but he was doughtling along as well.

Go with it Jane... The new normal. Surprise!!!!

CarlaWestin
07-24-2016, 09:49 AM
So glad to hear positive news that you made the flight without any issues, I hope this trend continues.

The cool thing about flying pretty is that point of commitment.
Oh, wait, did I miss an avatar trend? Lauri, you should have told me! Well, here goes!

JanePeterson
07-26-2016, 12:30 AM
So my junk confuses the hell out of the TSA body scanner apparently...

Edit: by junk I mean "pickle"

Both ways he TSA agent was incredulous about me not having a belt on - I'm like yall hit the F button, and I love you for that... I guess the M button would have triggered my chest with the bra / I'm just glad I hardly ever fly

Edit 2: The BEST part was the passenger guy behind me coming thru, seeing me becoming intimate with the TSA screener, and staring at the scan read out with the big alert flashing between my legs on the scanner... I watched him look at me, the TSA agent, the scan, then back at my crotch... Good stuff

pamela7
07-26-2016, 03:55 AM
oh that's so funny, Jane, :-)))

PretzelGirl
07-26-2016, 11:21 AM
Edit: by junk I mean "pickle"

By pickle, you mean mastrodonic!

Zooey
07-26-2016, 11:37 AM
by junk I mean "pickle"

You've been hanging with Misty too much! I approve. :)

Now if you'll excuse me, my hangover and I have some electrolysis to attend to...

PennyNZ
07-26-2016, 06:56 PM
Good on you!!
Flown a few times now in my new(ish) presentation, first time was a little nervy but now second nature.

Using my new passport with new name (with the X) to fly to Australia in a couple of weeks for a holiday. I do hope the immigration people are kind to me

Pen