PDA

View Full Version : Asked for proof I'm over 21... Second time in 9 days!

Ceera
07-26-2016, 01:16 AM
On Saturday, the weekend prior to the most recent one, while out en-femme with my daughter for shopping and dinner, I was asked for my ID when I ordered hard cider with my dinner. Mind you, I'm well over 50, and was standing there with my 20 year old daughter! I've been told many times that when I'm en-femme, my makeup and choices for clothing and accessories make me look much younger. But most people guess Ceera is in her 30's or early 40's. We both kind of laughed it off as the cashier angling for a better tip by complementing my youthful appearance. Yet he really had insisted on seeing my license before serving me my hard cider. To his credit, he didn't react badly to seeing the male face and gender marker on my driver's license, and he continued to address me as female as he finished serving us.

Well, tonight, 9 days later, I went out en-femme again, this time to the local gay bar where I am a frequent customer as Ceera. I was wearing a white asymetrical-hem skirt of a style admittedly favored more by college and high school girls than by women my age, with a white blouse and white wedge high heeled shoes, and a nice white purse. I was there to see an amateur male stripper show. When I got to the door, the security guy actually asked me if I had my ID on me! I gave him a funny look, said that I did, and started to open my purse to show it to him. But he waved me off and said, "No,that's all right, as long as you have it."

I didn't see him asking anyone else about ID, and certainly he had no reason to ask that unless he thought there was a chance I was under 21.

I have to say, it was certainly great for my self esteem!

grace7777
07-26-2016, 01:56 AM
I went to a bar in downtown Houston, Texas a few years ago and they had someone at the entrance asking everybody for ID, no exceptions. I think for some places they do not want to take a chance with someone underage getting in, so they ask everyone.

Ceera
07-26-2016, 02:02 AM
Perhaps it was because of the strip show, which was a first time event for them. They haven't checked me for ID at that bar before, and I have been going to events there frequently, since the start of the year.

LydiaL
07-26-2016, 03:19 AM
Becoming standard procedure for many locations that sell liquor to check all IDs, no matter the perceived age of the buyer. Best way for them to avoid fines and liabilities, I suppose. Have come to expect that I will have to pull out my ID at most such places. Heck, avoiding selling spray paints to minors may even require producing IDs at many business places!

Now, admit that I have been quite fortunate, do not recollect that I ever had to produce an ID when requesting a free (or discounted) "senior coffee" at a fast food chain. Ceera, you are still a youngster. Someday you too will enjoy the perk of senior (or is it perked?) coffee!

Majella St Gerard
07-26-2016, 04:42 AM
Where I live if they think you might be under 40 they ask for ID, I take it as a compliment as I am 53.

Linda E. Woodworth
07-26-2016, 06:45 AM
My mother told me that guys did it for bigger tips from appreciative older women.

countrygirl
07-26-2016, 10:11 AM
I work in a local grocery store and we are required by company policy to check id regardless of age. 21 or 102 it does not matter.

Dana44
07-26-2016, 10:21 AM
Yeah, never got carded for senior Coffee. Ah, that's pretty nice to get coffee at a normal price. But many times getting wine or beer. It's funny Walmart now asks all the time so it is becoming standard procedure.

phylis anne
07-26-2016, 06:48 PM
I got asked if i wanted the senior discount at dinner and later at a club was carded for my age go figure.

Lana Mae
07-26-2016, 07:05 PM
Only carded a few times! Mostly at clubs that carded everyone! Carded for cigarettes once and was old enough to be the s/a grandad!! Lol Hugs Lana Mae

Sheila11
07-26-2016, 10:01 PM
Did it occur to anyone here that they just want to see the male pic. Before and after.

Barbara Dugan
07-26-2016, 10:15 PM
never been carded on any Club or Bar, I even passed the ID check on some places without showing my ID, I think they respected my privacy not to show a male ID

Ceera
07-26-2016, 10:28 PM
Sheia, I did consider that possibility in the case of the guy that carded me for the cider. He might have wondered if I was TG, and asking to see my ID would allow him a fair chance to find out, without being impolite and asking. I warned him as I handed him my license that the picture didn't look much like me, and after glancing at the license he smiled and said, "That's all right, I'll trust you on that", and he continued addressing me as female.

But the security guy at the bar didn't want to actually see it, and no one inside the bar asked to see my ID, even though I bought hard liquor from two different bartenders, and went into the strip show. I think a couple of young ladies two or three places ahead of me in line for the strip show had to show ID, but I didn't, when it was my turn to go in.

lingerieLiz
07-26-2016, 11:02 PM
Where I worked years ago, if something didn't look right I always checked IDs. One night it was an FBI agent looking for someone. He laughed when I said he didn't look like he fit in.

sometimes_miss
07-27-2016, 12:00 AM
Don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but servers will card older people in order to get them to feel better about themselves, in order to increase tips.

Tracii G
07-27-2016, 01:38 AM
I have had that happen a few times but I figured it was to find out if I was male or female.
I'm 63 so there is no mistaking me for under 21.

Liz you can pick out an FBI agent a mile away LOL.

irene9999
07-27-2016, 06:06 PM
I'm still once in a while still carded to this day in male mode (I'm 36), at this rate I could see still being carded at 50 lol

Genny B
07-27-2016, 08:47 PM
Have always looked older. I was served mixed drinks a couple years before i was old enough. Recently when up northeast i as carded. Not sure what state but they said they are required by state law to check everyone. About lost my dentures when my jaw dropped....
Genny B