PDA

View Full Version : Now Girls, don't get your pantyhose all in a knot, but...

TracyDeluxe
02-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Yeah, that's good advice and all, but I, like most of you, I suspect, have been wearing pantyhose most of my life, and I will be darned if I can follow that advice!

Just put a pair on, and, as happens over 50% of the time, probably, they get "twisted"! :mad: :D

Much more convenient than the "garter belt/girdle w/garters" thing and all, but what a pain in the arse, nevertheless!

Don't even talk to me about using the ladie's room! :eek: :D

Julia Cross
02-24-2006, 02:15 PM
Mine are usually only knotted coming out of the wash or dryer. Otherwise they seem to behave.

J

Julie Avery
02-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but getting the second leg started, with the pantyhose pulled up just over the knee on the first leg, is an act I cannot manage with feminine grace, though manage it I do ;)

One of these days I'm gonna pull my knee outa joint!

Tamara Croft
02-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Just put a pair on, and, as happens over 50% of the time, probably, they get "twisted"! :mad: :D You know, that happens to me ALL the time :( My SO Tammy says to me 'do you want me to show you how to put them on correctly' grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :Angry3: how cheeky is that!!!!

Laurie Ann
02-24-2006, 02:29 PM
I don't wear pantyhose so it has not happened to me.

Cheery GG
02-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Mine are usually only knotted coming out of the wash or dryer. Otherwise they seem to behave.

JTheyre much better being tied around a wrist and then the bed post.....OMG tamara what have you done to me.....

cheery
xx

ChristineRenee
02-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but getting the second leg started, with the pantyhose pulled up just over the knee on the first leg, is an act I cannot manage with feminine grace, though manage it I do ;)

One of these days I'm gonna pull my knee outa joint!Try this. Start with one leg and just go up to the knee. Then start the other leg..up to the knee. Then just work it up alternating back and forth with each leg...oh...and I always wear gloves of some kind..cotton ones or lycra ones...helps to prevent snagging them when you are putting them on.;)

Julie York
02-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Jeez. All this faffing about for a simple bank robbery!

:D

Julie Avery
02-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Try this. Start with one leg and just go up to the knee. Then start the other leg..up to the knee. Then just work it up alternating back and forth with each leg...oh...and I always wear gloves of some kind..cotton ones or lycra ones...helps to prevent snagging them when you are putting them on.;)

Gloves goin' on my shopping list! They could do second duty as part of a retro look, I remember women wearing white gloves in the 60's. Where would you shop for such, today? Thanks Christine :)

Miss_D
02-24-2006, 05:10 PM

One of these days I'm gonna pull my knee outa joint!

This sort of reminds me of the movie "The Princess Diaries", when Mia tries to put on her PH in the limo

Butterfly Bill
02-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Gloves goin' on my shopping list! They could do second duty as part of a retro look, I remember women wearing white gloves in the 60's. Where would you shop for such, today? Thanks Christine :)

If you find out, tell me. I looked all over for them last fall; apparently nobody now wears gloves at formal occasions like they used to. I had to settle for a pair of cold-weather gloves.

Julie Avery
02-24-2006, 05:45 PM
If you find out, tell me. I looked all over for them last fall; apparently nobody now wears gloves at formal occasions like they used to. I had to settle for a pair of cold-weather gloves.

Ah, probably relegated to the occasional rare appearance on ebay.

Sophia Rearen
02-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Theyre much better being tied around a wrist and then the bed post.....OMG tamara what have you done to me.....

cheery
xx

Bravo, Cheery GG. Now you're talkin.

SherriePall
02-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Tamara -- I say the same thing to my wife when she has problems with her pantyhose. It doesn't go over too well with her either.

Kimberley
02-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Theyre much better being tied around a wrist and then the bed post.....OMG tamara what have you done to me.....

cheery
xx
You and Tamara into the Vodka??? :rofl:

Hmmm. I always thought bungee cords worked pretty well.

Kimberley

Rachel Ann
02-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Mine don’t seem to do that if I put them in a mesh bag, then put that in the washer. I have never tried putting hose in the dryer.

Try this. Start with one leg and just go up to the knee. Then start the other leg..up to the knee. Then just work it up alternating back and forth with each leg ...
I just go up to the calf on the first “pass”, then to the knee. Once they are partway up my thighs, I put the palms of my hands in to the legs and work them up the rest of the way. That works for me, anyway.

Rachel xxx

Tamara Croft
02-24-2006, 07:27 PM

cheery
xx:wm: !!!!! I never told you to do THAT with those tights now did I huh??? jeeeeeeez woman!!! :slap:

SandraInHose
02-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Don't know if this'll help, but what I do with a new pair has been working great for me for years.

While already wearing a pair, I'll put on a new pair over them. Not only does this make it easier for the new pair to slide on, but if a leg is twisted, I can usually rotate it much easier with the hose on underneath.

Once I am sure they're on straight, I'll take a pen and put a small mark underneath the toe seam. That way, next time I wear them, it'll be easier to make sure they're on straight from the beginning, rather than after I've struggled to get them most of the way up!

Been doing this for a long time, and will usually do this with several new pairs if I have the time. That way, when I run a pair and need new ones, they're already 'marked' so I'll put them on straight. :happy:

Jodi
02-24-2006, 07:47 PM
To prevent snags from rough hands, in lieu of gloves, apply some hand cream to your hands before putting on hose.

Jodi

cosmolovesph
02-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Bravo, Cheery GG. Now you're talkin.

Oh yeah!