PDA

View Full Version : What was your one thing...

Curiouser&Curiouser
07-28-2016, 07:52 PM
For me it was the heels. I am such a nerd for shoes - and I've been jealous for so long of women wearing these amazing heels that I had to get myself a pair. Sure, the rest is great - the hair, the makeup, the pretty underthings. But the lust for heels sent me over the edge. Released my inner princess.

Was there one thing that did it for you?

Sandra

P.S. I know this is a silly question, but I kinda want to see the rest of the site and this seems like an easy way to get my post count to 10 quickly. Just being honest!

Lana Mae
07-28-2016, 08:16 PM
First no wig and no make up but other wise fully dressed and looked in mirror and had earrings on! Do not know why but those earrings ... saw Lana Mae for a split second and then she was gone!! Hugs Lana Mae

Jaylyn
07-28-2016, 09:03 PM
Hard to say the one thing that did it for me but here goes a try. I'm going to say that it was playing in moms makeup, especially the red lipsticks as a kid. I almost said sitting by moms legs as a toddler and rubbing moms nylon clad legs. When we were in church and would get tired sitting and become restless, she would sit me on the floor and I'd rub her legs. They felt very smooth and although I don't know how much this played into my dressing, I do know I love hosiery to this day. Although I was very young then I do remember and feel it was her makeup that had me hooked.

Diane Smith
07-28-2016, 09:08 PM
I think it started with heels for me as well. But quickly evolved to include nail polish and earrings. I don't feel fully satisfied unless I'm wearing all three.

- Diane

Allisa
07-28-2016, 09:16 PM
Getting my ears pierced at first but now the sight of long nails polished nicely elongating my fingers and a quick glimpse of them doing things does it for me.

Rachael Leigh
07-28-2016, 09:27 PM
For me it was skirts and especially pleated ones I always had a thing for those

Janine cd
07-28-2016, 09:30 PM
I know that my first love was wearing my mom's heels at about age 7. When I reached 11, my desires turned to her lipstick and makeup. The taste of the lipstick still is in my memory.

TrishaTX
07-28-2016, 09:32 PM
Anything made of Nylon and satin....just put them on and it feels great

NancySue
07-28-2016, 10:02 PM
In my youth, our neighbors had two daughters who would play dress up. They invited me to join them. Nothing happened until I put on a pair of nylon stockings. I felt something I'd never felt before. That started it all. Couldn't wait to wear them again and again. Still can't. I love everything I wear, but I smile a little more as I'm slipping on my hose, be they nylons, thigh highs or pantyhose.

sometimes_miss
07-29-2016, 12:34 AM
The very first 'one thing'; was a pair of panties. I knew that boys had something, and girls didn't, between our legs. So when I tried on that first pair of girl's panties (of a girl that was exactly my height and weight), and they fit, it was a shock to the system; a confirmation of what I'd been told, that I was really supposed to be a girl. The slip and dress that followed that day, every piece of girl's attire that I put on, and it all fit as if it had been made specifically for me, simply confirmed again and again that my body wasn't really a boy, but simply hadn't been made correctly at all; if it had, why did these girl clothes fit me perfectly? And why did I look exactly like a little girl when I was dressed up and looked in the mirror? So; the panties, the slip, the dress, and of course, because back then little boys were starting to wear our hair longer (hippy era), my hair was long, blond and pretty, and easy to comb into girl's style too. Instant crossdresser. Just add clothes, and stir.

Curiouser&Curiouser
07-29-2016, 03:27 AM
These are wonderful - hearing your stories about some of your first experiences with femininity help me feel real kinship with you! I've always loved nylons, stockings especially (what goes better with heels?), and I've thought about getting my ears pierced. I'd love to complete my ensemble. Thanks for sharing!

Kiwi Primrose
07-29-2016, 03:56 AM
It started with fine lingerie - matching panties, full petticoats and bra. My father bought several sets for my mother when they became available after the austerity of WWII. I was hooked and have had my own sets for many years. It still gives me a thrill to put them on with my dresses.

Hell on Heels
07-29-2016, 04:06 AM
Hell-o C&C,
I think my member name speaks for itself!
"Panties on Heels" just doesn't have that same ring to it!
Much Love,
Kristyn

Elizabeth G
07-29-2016, 04:55 AM
Heels for me too, even to this day. I'm sitting at my desk in work right now at work and I have my red patent pumps on. It's too bad I'll have to take them off in a little while when everyone else starts showing up...

JocelynJames
07-29-2016, 06:00 AM
I do love pumps and initially i thought it was that. But now , I realize it's corsets . Steel boned, tight laced , satin corsets.

Cristy2
07-29-2016, 06:35 AM
Shoes and skirts have always been my thing.

BLUE ORCHID
07-29-2016, 07:28 AM
Hi C&C:hugs:, I guess with 150+ pairs of women's shoes goes back to walking in my mom's heels in my early childhood ...:daydreaming:...

Karen RHT
07-29-2016, 07:38 AM
Simple...nylon stockings.

Karen

Fiona123
07-29-2016, 07:42 AM
The feeling of nylon panties.🌺

NicoleScott
07-29-2016, 07:42 AM
Two things share the top spot. Deep red lipstick applied perfectly but heavily, and classic pumps with the highest heels.

Krisi
07-29-2016, 08:55 AM
Nobody mentioned boobs? That was it for me, boobs.

Michele14
07-29-2016, 09:09 AM
Lingerie and lipstick

Angie G
07-29-2016, 09:39 AM
I really don't think was any one thing. But I do love putting on a skirt.:hugs:
Angie

PS Welcome to our little piece ofheaven hun.

Tina81
07-29-2016, 09:53 AM
4" heels; however, other feminine aspects are just as exciting, such as clip on earrings/necklace/bracelet, pencil skits with pantyhose, matching bra (with breast forms) and panties and now as I experiment make-up.

steph_2015
07-29-2016, 10:07 AM
My breast forms before I was just a man in women's clothes but seconds after wearing breast forms I fell into the women I love today

suzanne
07-29-2016, 10:25 AM
I don't know what led me to it, but when I was a teen I found a fuzzy pink and gray sweater in my mom's closet. Short sleeves and puffy shoulders. It looked a bit too small but I tried it on anyway. It fit so close that I could see a hint of a bustline. OMG, I had boobs! In spite of the loathing I had been conditioned to have for feminine males, I couldn't keep myself out of mom's closet and lingerie drawer.

Jenniferathome
07-29-2016, 10:36 AM
There is no one thing. It's all part of the package. I don't really care for nylons/stockings (yeah, I know, sacrilege) and heels are nice with the right outfit but I can't think of one particular item that "did it for me."

sara66
07-29-2016, 10:37 AM
The first thing I ever tried on was my mom's bra when I was 4 or 5. I is still the very first thing I put on now. Any color, any style but black is my favorite.
don't forget nylons:daydreaming:
Sara
Silly is always good

BrendaPDX
07-29-2016, 11:02 AM
Legs sheer energy pantyhose. They made my legs look so good I couldn't stop looking at them. Brenda

njcddresser
07-29-2016, 11:06 AM
For me it was panties. That started when I was about 13 and continued into my adulthood. It wasn't until I was over 50 that I accepted that I as not only a crossdresser but I had a whole feminine side to who I am that was literally aching to come out. Since then, I feel fully embraced that this is who I am and I've never been happier!!

Jennifer B
07-29-2016, 11:45 AM
Knickers and Bras as a child. The rest as they say is history.

Charlessa
07-29-2016, 11:45 AM
way back then it was panties for me. now I still love them but it's skirts and bras!

nikkiwindsor
07-29-2016, 12:00 PM
I like to bring everything together into one seamless & transformative feminine appearance

dana digs sweaters
07-29-2016, 12:09 PM
Sweaters of course! ;)
Filling out a bra to wear under those oh so delectable sweaters while growing up cemented it for me :)

NewBrendaLee
07-29-2016, 12:24 PM
For me it was a bra, satin panties ,slip and dress combination. I have always known that inside of me was a girl

Brianna Robyn
07-29-2016, 12:25 PM
The first time seeing myself with a wig on was a defining moment. Totally changed my appearance and finished the feminine look. Made everything else come together.

Devi SM
07-29-2016, 12:28 PM
Wow! I love this thread!
I know, they are several things, when a kid like you girls mentioned, mom's silk, panties, bra, but in my case what triggers for first time in a conscious way was seeing my butt in my sister's panties.
I'm proud of my butt, it's my best ASSet. So watching my butt in a mirror wearing a woman panty and then add a bra, from behind, in the angle that you can see yourself, the curves were beautifully femine, I could contemplate myself and get excited and turned on....that was just being 13 years old.

Lee Andrews
07-29-2016, 12:55 PM
It has to be nylons for me. That's what got this journey started. Loved the way they felt as a kid and it has never changed. I can be done all the way, shaved legs and if I don't have nylons on it feels not complete.
Now, heels are a very close second. I love them as well and sadly have more than my wife. Lol
Any other articles of feminine attire I could live without but not these two items.

irene9999
07-29-2016, 12:58 PM
At the beginning it was panties and heels that did it for me, but now I can't say I like one specific item, I just like the whole outfit and makeup coming together and making me look femenine

Molly J
07-29-2016, 01:13 PM
All things nylon, satin and silk. I always wondered if women wore cotton only, would the birth of my cross dressing been the same? Would the feel of cotton make me breathless?

cdterri
07-29-2016, 04:32 PM
Dresses. Put on my first dress at around 5 and have never looked back

Tracii G
07-29-2016, 05:07 PM
Can't really think of one thing.
Not much for dresses,skirts, heels or hose and lipstick is just something to top off the look.
I'm TG so I'm not a real CDer that has fetishes their lives revolve around.

Ressie
07-29-2016, 06:31 PM
When? I don't get the question. The one thing the got me started in my childhood? If it was, then now it isn't?

Panties have always been the most accessible. At least at 8 years old!

GeorgeA
07-29-2016, 07:17 PM
Nylons, slips, panties and skirts, in that order. Don't care for the other stuff.

redtea
07-29-2016, 07:39 PM
it started with panties and now its jeans or anything tight fitting that goes around the legs and butt. It's that sensation of turning your butt into something desirable sends me over the edge. For men the only way to show our bodies as being desirable is to work out at the gym or just be lucky with a nice face. But as a guy it's hard to tell if my face is attractive to females or not. With my butt wrapped in girls jeans, there is no question in my mind about whether or not it looks fine.

As you can imagine, i go nuts when i see panty lines on somebody. =)

Lori Kurtz
07-29-2016, 08:59 PM
Boobs. I love them on women ... and in my dressup days, I loved them even more on me. The shape of them, the feel of them ... everything about them. And the excitement was enhanced with each improvement of my crossdressing skills--from when I'd use my mother's bra and stuff it with socks, to getting my own bras for a better fit, to trying different and better things for bra-stuffing, until I achieved the perfectly realistic feel and look and weight. Yes, the best part of my experimenting with being female was always having boobs.

Robin414
07-29-2016, 09:30 PM
It was two for me, I'm a product of my formative years and still remember all of the 'alpha' girls in Jr high and high school would make a point to wear tight jeans and designer ski jackets...that's really defined my femme look!

Maryesther M.
07-29-2016, 10:15 PM
No 'one' thing. With my lifestyle everything has to be quickly reversible, so in order of 'preference', Skirt & tights, Boobs & wig, then make-up & heels (not too high!)

M.

Diedre
07-30-2016, 08:05 AM
A panty girdle and nylons. The feeling of walking around with the stocking tops tugging on the garters was pure bliss for me.

Alexa CD
07-30-2016, 08:50 AM
Hair, and wigs I guess, they're kind of the same thing, but a bit different. Hair is such a defining aspect of anyone's appearance, especially for women. It's also an important gender indicator I think. Hair was and still is the most appealing aspect of all of this for me, wigs too but to a much lesser extent. The way it looks and feels, especially my own real hair, particularly once it gets a bit of proper length has to be my one thing, you don't take it off unless you cut it.

immike
07-30-2016, 09:31 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed secretly wearing mothers clothes,secretly.It wer heelsas fun trying on her dresses,slacks,tops,mini skirts,shoes&heels.I got bolder&secretly ordered pantyhose
online&had it delivered to a friends house&I began wearing pantyhose&trying on mini skirt,silky blouse&her heels&I practiced walking in her heels

Lily Catherine
07-30-2016, 11:45 AM
Hair and breasts are the bare minimum, although between the two probably hair would come first. I don't really have a fetish for any particular garment, although I like frothy petticoats and strapless bodices a lot. Not that either of these turn me on.

Matterhorn
08-01-2016, 11:26 PM
Fantasizing about wearing my sister's one piece bathing suit!

Curiouser&Curiouser
08-02-2016, 01:35 AM
It's neat to hear about those of you who have more experience with dressing - it seems there may be more reveals for me down the road! Thanks all who have been so friendly and welcoming.

I especially enjoy that there are so many here that have similar experiences to me, but also that there are so many with such different experiences. All at once it feels like becoming part of a sisterhood, but also a larger, diverse and healthy community. I feel so blessed right now!

Sandra

Alice_2014_B
08-02-2016, 05:10 AM
High heels, without a doubt, for me!
Second would be skirts.
:)

blackstkngs
08-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Gotta be nylons. I have always loved the look even on me! The feel is so sexy and makes me feel real feminine.

Nylons is what got me started in dressing.

Also can't stand bare legs and feet now. lol

Scarlett Viktoria
08-02-2016, 10:06 PM
Oh it was the heels for sure. Like you I get so jealous of seeing women walking around in them and I ALWAYS notice them when they walk by. If I could afford it it would be a legit addiction, lol.

kendracd
08-03-2016, 12:51 AM
First thing that put me over that edge was my first bra, put one on and I was hooked,

kymberly
08-03-2016, 08:11 AM
for me it was the first time i put on a full slip

Meg East
08-03-2016, 09:11 AM
Ditto, a lacy, black full slip puts me over the edge

Nancy Richards
09-10-2016, 05:47 PM
My first item was bra my gf at that time got into a conversation what it felt to wear a bra. The next time we were together she gave me the

- - - Updated - - -

My girlfriend and I got into a conversation what it felt to wear a bra. N

- - - Updated - - -

My girlfriend and I got into a conversation what it felt to wear a bra. N

- - - Updated - - -

We had talked about what it felt to wear a bra. She gave one to me and said see what it is like. Have not went back from that day

Micki_Finn
09-10-2016, 06:28 PM
I like shoes too... Ok, I LOVE shoes. But nothing puts me in girl mode like long nails. Didn't think it would be a huge deal since I used to paint my nails in college all the time but the long manicured nails... Nothing like it because they force me to do almost everything very slightly different and it just forces me into a feminine frame of mind.

DIANEF
09-10-2016, 06:43 PM
Probably the first time I put a bra on, had some other stuff before that but suddenly. hey,Ive got boobs! (thanks sis, if only you knew....)

CarlaWestin
09-10-2016, 08:44 PM
My one thing is two things.

TITS!

TrishaTX
09-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Panties are my main thing, nylon or satin...but I also love a nice nylon bras with my forms....as the previous poster said Titties

Joanne108
09-10-2016, 11:30 PM
The first time I dressed completely as a woman 'released my inner princess'. Up until that point I had no idea that I could look like a beautiful woman.

Jane277
09-11-2016, 12:54 AM
nail polish

Sephone
09-11-2016, 04:30 AM
Heels and make-up

Karine
09-11-2016, 05:00 AM
At first it was heels (and I am still fond of), it changes the way you walk, changes your silhouette,... But more and more I do appreciate makeup. Makeup is so powerful to create a feminine image.
I can do a great makeup and wear ballerinas and feel feminine. At the opposite if I wear heels with no or bad makeup, it's way more less pleasant.

BrendaPDX
09-11-2016, 08:52 AM
Pantyhose, i love the way they made my legs look:) Brenda

krissy
09-11-2016, 10:41 AM
For ,me it was my moms blue mini skirt and blue blouse her black Playtex bra her full slip and sitting in front of her mirror putting on her lipstick

Marcelo
09-11-2016, 07:51 PM
The very first 'one thing'; was a pair of panties. I knew that boys had something, and girls didn't, between our legs.

Pretty much my story only add getting caught showing them off in front of the opposite sex - by GGs anyway.

As far back as I can remember it is generally inappropriate, indecent, unladylike and an embarrassment for women to show off their panties in front of men who are not immediate family members - brother, dad, son, etc... I remember seeing pics of women flashing their panties from under their skirts in a provocative manner in my mom's Cosmopolitan magazine and being shocked by the fact that someone got a panty shot of them and published it. I also remember a shoe commercial where there was an unnecessary panty shot, looked like an accident on the girl's part, and I couldn't help but feel so sorry for that poor girl having millions of people see it on national TV. Then there are the numerous panty shots in movies, some which were aired in the trailers on national TV, as well as in TV shows here and there.

Something inside of me wanted to know how that felt - was it no big deal or was it really embarrassing? I don't think most women are gonna part their legs in a skirt with a man looking in that direction unless she's trying to tease him or turn him on. Neither are they going to just wear a panty under a full skirt if they know they're gonna be twirling on stage in front of a crowd of men unless they're trying to be a tease. Ever ask a woman what color under she's wearing? Probably gonna get slapped and maybe snitched on for sexual harassment. And did you pop off a great pic of a woman accidentally flashing her panty? Probably not gonna put that pic in the school yearbook or on a wall in a restaurant - not appropriate at all. (My younger friends' junior high yearbook has one of those pics in it. Imagine how that girl felt knowing all her classmates have a pic of the crotch of her panties showing)

So for me it's the excitement of the danger and embarrassment of getting caught showing off this "unmentionable" piece of clothing on my body. And when you factor in the fact that I'm a male dressing up as a woman and that it is really not necessary for me to take it to the point of wearing nothing but a panty under my skirt, unless it's to be naughty, that just kicks it up a notch. (I focus more on the panty than anything else when I dress up).

The excitement, approach, boldness and technique for accomplishing this has changed quite a bit over the years but that's the one thing for me.

Marcelo

AlyssaJ
09-11-2016, 08:58 PM
For me it was hosiery from an early age. I remember being very young and my sisters (I'm the middle child, boy sandwiched between two sisters) dressed me up one day while my parents were away. I still vividly remember the feeling of the pantyhose as I pulled them on for the very first time. I loved how they felt, how they looked, and most of all how attractive and desirable they made me feel. From that point I was hooked. I snuck so many pairs of pantyhose out of the laundry and what not I swear my mom probably didn't have any left to wear.

Judy-Somthing
09-11-2016, 09:19 PM
At 8 my sister dressed me up in her old ballerina outfit and I was hooked. I remember under-dressing in tights in third grade quite often.
My bedroom was on the third floor and in the attic was endless boxes of of girl clothes from my sisters.
Prom dresses, slips tights, girdles, I remember the latex girdles? boy were they hot on a summer day LOL.
But the one thing I have fond memories of was a Bra-slip which I find to be very rare now a days!

krissy
09-11-2016, 09:29 PM
For me lipstick i still remember the first time i wore some the smell the feel of soft lips moving around as you talked . the taste and my moms bras:daydreaming:

Dragonfir3zz
09-12-2016, 12:13 PM
For me it has always been undergarments, from silky soft panties, to most lacy frilly lingerie. As well as a great dress or skirt.

shellybme
09-12-2016, 02:21 PM
What did it for me was the panties. Especially lace underwear. Whether they were boyshorts or thongs. Loved them and now I'm hooked.

susancheerleader
09-12-2016, 02:25 PM
If I recall right. It was on of my sisters swim suits at first. Then it went to her Girl Scout uniform, then to her dresses and other clothes I snuck into often.

Savannah_Skye
09-12-2016, 08:40 PM
Floral dresses! Just feel too pretty.

Victoria92116
09-18-2016, 08:22 PM
My earliest memory was seeing girls panties from the back while sitting in class. That peeked my intrest so I wore my mom's panties and lingere when I was home alone. Later, my gf now wife accepted that I enjoyed wearing panties and since then I have been free to wear them. I evolved from that to wearing lingere during happy fun time on occasion, and now she has been helping me with makeup and I'll wear dresses to bed.

EffyJaspers
09-18-2016, 08:48 PM
The panties I believe 100% were it. Grew up with 4 sisters moreso around the house than my brothers and of course girls are messy, so clothes laying around. A pair of pink string bikini panties except instead of string on the side it was a type of plastic instead of clothe and right there is where i sweat like hell. It also had a little flower design which is probably why I love floral designs. Pink and floral are my favorites now, and I'm a ass man. Love women's butts and love those panty lines.

Vicky Peters
09-18-2016, 09:44 PM
Bra and full slip.

Lacey New
09-19-2016, 05:47 AM
For me, it was panties. I hit puberty in the era of the miniskirt and a dropped pencil was often rewarded by a view of nylon and lace. Between my mother was a sister just a year younger, there were often panties in the hamper and curiosity took over. Once I put a pair on, I was hooked. Later, the thrill came with adding more layers of soft slippery nylon, bra, slip, garter belt and stockings or pantyhose. I still love the feel of all of it.

terri_sandal
09-22-2016, 07:45 PM
Heels for me or to be more precise heeled sandals I adore them always and always will ,any outfit I choose is what sandals will go with this even in winter

Periwinkle
09-22-2016, 08:03 PM
For me it was actually a cosplay. A school uniform cosplay. Sailor style. Oh jeez. That's a bit embarrassing to admit. But I bought it at a convention in middle school. My parents were really shocked that I spent so much money on it considering I was too nervous to wear it outside the house. I kept it until I outgrew it. But I bought myself another one. Well, three actually. I just really like the style of those uniforms. They're really cute and fun to wear.

PeggyNell
09-22-2016, 09:17 PM
Panties and undergarments as always been my weakness.

renaej7
09-22-2016, 09:43 PM
Panties are definitely my weakness, however nice Maxi dresses and ankle jeans are a close second.

Leslie Langford
10-19-2016, 06:47 PM
Nylons and high heels did it for me. I don't remember in which particular order, if any. It was too close to call, and I was very young - about 6 years old.

I still have that passion after all these years, and my shoe collection today could easily rival that of Imelda Marcos. ;) :eek: :heehee:

NicoleScott
10-19-2016, 07:36 PM
Periwinkle, don't be embarrassed. I have three outfits I call my specialty outfits (in addition to my regular clothes). A cheongsam which I shortened to a minidress, a maid's outfit, and a Japanese schoolgirl sailor uniform. I bought it from a cosplay company, and was pleasantly surprised at the high quality, especially the pleated skirt. And it came with both long and short sleeved tops. I love wearing it. No role play, I just think it's so darn cute.

hiheeledbabe
10-20-2016, 07:31 AM
Definitely heels for me, second would be nails. I'm addicted to nails! Only when I'm at work do I not have my nails on.

Brandy Mathews
10-20-2016, 07:43 AM
When I first started dressing it was panty hose and heels and especially lipstick, I have always been a lipstick girl. Love lip gloss with my lipstick now. Now it is just a combination of everything. The feel of the clothes, the smell of my perfume, the look of my makeup and nails, the sound of my heels as I walk.
Bree :)

janeycdbbw
10-20-2016, 12:23 PM
Same as most here.. nylons, bras, panties...my older sister had "days of the week panties",different colors with the day of the week on them,I thought they were heaven at the time. Just so long ago, but remember Iike it was yesterday.

Barbara Jo
10-20-2016, 12:32 PM
For me, it was my mom's and older sister's nylon panties, bras, slips in the mid '50s

Of course. I was "hooked" and from there I added garter belts and nylons, skirt, dresses, etc . :)

Maureen
10-20-2016, 01:30 PM
Big soft oversize cowl neck sweaters. I feel so feminine in them.

Rosemary+
10-20-2016, 01:57 PM
When I slipped on my first dress at age 4, and the feeling it gave me.
I still have that feeling when I reminisce, and I've got that feeling now as I type this reply

missymegg
10-20-2016, 03:08 PM
my first big thrill was hip-hugger jeans. my sister had a friend come over wearing these ultra-low hiphuggers. they decided to get into their swimsuits and heading out to the backyard, and while they were gone, i quickly slipped into those jeans. they fit perfect and were nice and tight in all the right places. all these years later, i still have a closet full of that style jeans. my very first clothing crush!

Stephanie47
10-20-2016, 04:04 PM
My first love and still is nylon full slips.

Kiersten
10-20-2016, 04:09 PM
My first love was dresses.
Now it's the entire package.

stlmichelle
10-20-2016, 05:00 PM
This is a great thread, for me it was moms nylons. She usually just wore knee highs and I would pilfer them and wear them in bed. One day I noticed a pair of her pantyhose in the trash can so I rescued them and hid them where my mom would never find them, between the mattress and box spring. Needless to say since the first time sliding them up my legs and rubbing my legs together and with my hands I have been wearing them ever since. Fortunately my wife knows and accepts my dressing, but unfortunately it is limited to pantyhose under my male clothes. I do shave my legs and keep polish on my toenails but have to be careful around my kids.

Arriel
10-20-2016, 07:04 PM
In middle school the first thing I ever tried on was my sister's panties. Years later it was an ex gfs tight dress. Been hooked since. It felt just so right! Today almost every dress/skirt I own is body tight and short! :)
And thanks for the cosplay idea ladies! I'm definitely going to look into that!

rebecca_ns
10-20-2016, 07:24 PM
For me, it was heels. I was 9 the first time I put on a pair of heels that fit. To this day, I am a shoe horse. I love them. My shoes are the last thing I put on when dressing. It completes the outfit for me.

Jenni Yumiko
10-20-2016, 07:56 PM
pantyhose, although I almost never wear them anymore.

jazmine
10-20-2016, 07:58 PM
For me it was pantyhose for some reason. That quickly led to other "girl" items. The rest is history. Pantyhose basically turned me into a girl.....

dolovewell
10-20-2016, 08:00 PM
Bras were my gateway. My first love.

IleneD
10-20-2016, 08:12 PM
Panties were the "gateway" garment for me, and I dare say it was for many CDs. I emphasize gateway. Yes, panties opened up the feelings, the possibilities, the first sense of the girl inside. And for most of my life, panties (or underdressing) remained my primary means of supporting my desire to wear women's clothing.

But the clincher for me was FIRST DRESS. The day I listened to that first little black dress calling my name from the clearance rack, was the day that changed everything. I'd been gradually and almost unconsciously undergoing a "feminization" of myself. I was wearing womens panties almost exclusively under male garb. I was growing out my hair; played with nail polish. Then one day it struck. The urge to buy a dress unto myself. It was impulsive.

When I took it home and donned it, even without a bra or padding or anything, I was sold. This was an expansion of my world that required exploring.

Curiouser&Curiouser
10-20-2016, 09:19 PM
I don't know why, Ilene, but of all the stories you've told and of all the lovely comments I've seen you make on this board, that one brought me to tears. So many freedom songs in this thread, and I started it on a lark and to confess my obsession. I love you ladies!!!

-Sandra

TheHiddenMe
10-20-2016, 10:39 PM
When I was very young (maybe 7 or 8) it was a dress. However, the biggest thing was when I was about 14 and I tried on my sister's pantyhose. I had an immediate "reaction" and I have been hooked since.

Vickie_CDTV
10-20-2016, 11:18 PM
Hose and heels were my first interests (followed closely by floral skirts and dresses.)

Becky Blue
10-27-2016, 07:07 PM
Boobs and everything that goes with them... bras, smooth chest, cleavage... you name it... somewhat ironically not big boobs.

ronda
10-27-2016, 08:49 PM
panties bras and heels always wanted boobs big ones

Julia Welch
10-28-2016, 07:40 AM
Panties and hose ... they go hand in hand for me

NicoleScott
10-28-2016, 08:16 AM
What was your one thing.......?

Curly from City Slickers wants to know.

JessiFoxx
10-28-2016, 09:41 AM
my gateway items would have been when I was around 8 years old. I fell for a pair of girls sneakers, still do LOL. But more to the point of dressing were workout outfits in the early 80's, you know the ones we all saw on TV i.e. the 20 Minute Workout and Jane Fonda. But now the clincher for me was and still is jeans or anything else denim. I love the way they hug my legs and hang low on my hips and shape my butt. :daydreaming: Now I feel a shopping trip coming on, maybe to American Eagle :battingeyelashes:
But really now I love it all!!!

JasmineInHose
10-28-2016, 10:15 AM
Pantyhose for me. I was young. For the longest time it was all I would wear. Didnt wear any other items until my early 20s. To this day though a nice pair of hosiery is my fav thing to wear. I dont get dolled up without it!

Kathie Pantyhose
10-28-2016, 03:40 PM
pantyhose for me too. Still prefer them over thigh high's.

donnatracey
10-28-2016, 08:44 PM
My mom's dark red lipstick and one of her dresses. Enough said.... :heehee:

Lucy23
11-09-2016, 06:55 AM
Ever since hitting puberty and taking interest in girls, I have always liked when they wore skirts and pantyhose or tights. Naturally, those were the first items in my exgirlfriend's wardrobe I asked if I could try on. They've become my go-to bottoms ever since :)

JustJoni
11-09-2016, 08:13 PM
Definitely pantyhose for me. Hosiery was always something that got me, and why must be so far back I can't remember (and I've got a pretty good memory). Of course, wearing a slip over pantyhose was pretty spectacular, and still is.

mona lisa
12-28-2016, 04:36 PM
Pantyhose was what got me started. I prefer stockings now though.

Devi SM
12-28-2016, 04:40 PM
I started playing with my moms lingerie then my sisters panties and bra, but the thing that trigers me more was always how my butt looks with panties, with the arrival of thongs was the crown, men get crazy just watching my ass in thong...

Fiona123
12-28-2016, 04:43 PM
A girls swimsuit for me. Then it was my sisters' bras, panties and so forth.

Dana44
12-28-2016, 04:52 PM
For me everything about a woman. I grew up in an environment where the miniskirt was worn by all of the ladies. Legs, boobs and hair and the makeup was exotic back then. Mesmerizing. But the first thing, I bought was thigh highs yep my oh my they were so nice. Then panties and skirts then tops and shoes goodness gracious, yeah it is nice to be a girl.

RaquelAtwell
12-28-2016, 04:53 PM
It was skirts. Loved wearing a mini skirt, but nowadays, pencil skirts have become my favorite piece of crossdressing.

Abbey11
12-28-2016, 06:40 PM
Heels without a doubt were what broke down my barriers and released my feminine self, I've made a previous post about the discussion I had with my SO and then going off to buy some heels.
The rest followed on from there over time, heels look better with a nice dress or skirt and they look better with makeup and nice hair..........:daydreaming:

StacyCD
12-29-2016, 08:44 AM
No question for me--it's bras with breastforms!

Renae_k
12-31-2016, 12:17 AM
Having my ears pierced is the thing for me. Ear piercing is not something you can take off. It is like your making a commitment to being feminine.
Try and wear panties everyday and in winter can get away with a bralette if your wearing a jumper to work

CherylFlint
12-31-2016, 06:25 AM
The mirror.
I shower and shave and then dress a piece at a time.
And then . . . my makeup.
And then . . . my wig
And then . . . I look in the mirror!
But not just any old mirror. A 3-sided heel-to-top of wig mirror with great lighting.

AmyVanessa
12-31-2016, 01:27 PM
For me it's bras. I have a nice collection of them now.
After that it's heels. I only have a few pairs of them, but I have difficulty finding them in my size.

Alisonforme
12-31-2016, 01:42 PM
I have always been a fan of pantyhose and heels, but the day I put on makeup and a wig...WHOA!!!
Everything changed when I saw that girl in the mirror and it was me!

Devi SM
01-01-2017, 12:38 AM
Thinking on it, see myself with a nice wig and make up makes me feel like a real woman. I can be naked or in pijamas or very well dressed but the make up even makes me feel and look younger and sexy...

wendy
01-01-2017, 09:31 AM
I have 2 :

women's one piece swimsuits and shapewear.

krissysSecret
01-01-2017, 11:02 AM
This is really a great and fun thread! For me, it was girls one piece swim suits. Either my sisters or one of her friends...we would hit the public swim pool just up the street for the afternoon and then home. Many times, my sisters friend would spend the night or the weekend. There seemed to always be swimsuits hanging in the laundry room in the back part of the house and I took advantage of the time whenever I could to wear one of them..usually her friends just because that seemed more daring and dangerous..lol. I always replaced it back hanging up because I sure didn't want to get caught and have them think I was stealing it. To this day I still love the woman's swimdresses and swimsuits. I have a accumulated a couple closets full of beautiful swims of every style..vintage, etc. I wear them year round inside and outside my home and love every minute of it. Kinda silly I know...

Evie1982
01-01-2017, 11:23 AM
I've always loved makeup and lingerie, but the 2 things that really make me feel special are my breast forms and my corsets. I just love enhancing my shape with them to make me look and feel more feminine. Oh, I'll add my gaffs as a third item!

Lydianne
01-01-2017, 01:51 PM
Isn't it amazing how so many of us have similar triggers! I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing with M2F, but reading similar experiences from so many of us really makes me think that there might be a method being played out within me :confused:.

Many great stories from you ladies, and unsurprisingly, mine have also been mentioned. I did a purge once, but seeing a pair of killer heels some time afterwards brought me back! ( See Jaylyn's avatar. Very similar to that. ).

I am fond of pretty much everything that has been mentioned, but for me, all of it was pre-dated by long fingernails.

Here's a little story I'm reminded of: At the school I went to between the ages of about 10 to 13, long fingernails somehow came into fashion. So many of the girls grew out their nails, and many boys had a long nail on either or both of their little fingers. Some boys grew out all of their nails. Every nail I attempted to grow ALWAYS turned into a hang-nail before it could gain any sort of notoriety. I only wanted one! :cry: . I knew that five for five was four-and-a-half bridges too far, and ten was only going to happen in my dreams :sad:.

But there's a happy ending, girls! :) . About two years after I moved onto my next school, more through neglect than nurturing, I noticed all five nails on my left hand in surprisingly stable condition. I didn't get my hopes up; I was expecting hang-nails galore. But not so! At this school, long fingernails wasn't a thing for either the boys or girls; so I hid mine as much as possible from all except one other classmate. He grew his, too. I went through multiple cycles of long, short, long with all five nails of my left hand!!!

You shall go to the ball! :fairy3:

But I got exposed. Just before the lesson started one day, as I was talking to a friend beside me, my guard was down and I gestured with raised left arm and spread fingers. ( And I remember exactly what I was demonstrating, too! ). Next thing I heard was a girl on the adjacent table: "Wow! Look at his nails!" I quickly realised and clenched to fist, severely bending but luckily not breaking the little-finger nail in the process. ( There was once a time when not only that nail would have broken, but the other four would have had sympathy breaks as well ). I refused all of the girls-on-said-table's requests to show them, until a stronger boy than me in the class came over, grabbed my hand, interlocked his fingers between mine and levereged all my fingers back revealing my nails.

"Wow! I'm jealous!", "I wish I could grow nails like that!," from the girls' table.
"They're longer than my mum's nails," from the boy. "I'll get some scissors," joked his friend.

It felt amazing - our hands together, the way they looked, the comments...

The most recent time I liked my nails was in 2013. They grew to around medium length while I had approx two months away from work. Again, they started, I noticed, I nurtured. I no longer desire long nails for myself; mainly because they wouldn't survive real life, but I love seeing them on others :lovestruck:.

Helena93
01-03-2017, 04:49 PM
No doubt it was pantyhose for me. Then heels.

That are the only two clothing items I already wore. So much more to explore, so much more to love!

gownman
01-04-2017, 12:52 AM
Silky nightgown. My first wife asked me one night if I wanted to wear her gown - she picked up on how much I enjoyed the feel of her skin through the silky nylon. My first and last thing actually - I still wear only nightgowns, slips and other silky lingerie.

charlotte449
01-06-2017, 12:49 AM
Pantyhose and high heels

Jennifer_Ph
01-06-2017, 08:00 AM
Pantyhose and high heels

Me too! Still my favorite things!

windshear
01-06-2017, 08:09 AM
When you're looking at that perfect dress from the inside, rather than the outside.

Erin77
01-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Lingerie... has to be lingerie. Started with my moms then my aunts. She had a great collection! My favourites were her teddy's. Still have a thing for a satin teddy that is form fitting with a 3 snap crotch. A close second are stiletto heels. :D

cdtraveler
01-06-2017, 09:25 AM
Taste of lipstick, smell of the makeup and sotfness of satin and nylon

krissy
01-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Me its stockings and garter belts and bras WOW!

Nadia uk
01-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Tights. I found a pair in my nans draw and kept thinking about them, ending up trying them and the rest is history a part time woman was born

Allison2006
01-06-2017, 06:44 PM
Pantyhose were always my first love, tried them for the first time when I was about 14. Added heels a year or 2 later and they're still a close second but I love all the clothes and makeup, etc.

pantyhoselvr kendra
01-06-2017, 07:00 PM
Pantyhose and 5 inch pumps

Jennifer Michelle
01-07-2017, 01:12 AM
My mom had some 90's high heeled wedge sandals and after i saw some cute girls at school wearing these cute looking shoes for some reason I just really wanted to try them. So when I got home one day and I was alone I saw my mom's heels out in the open and tried them on. I thought they felt extremely good and sexy. I would say that was the day I really started crossdressing. Since the then I just added more to the ensemble, but heels will always be my first love :battingeyelashes:

IamTara
01-07-2017, 01:34 AM
Thongs and g-strings for me. Out of curiosity, I tried on a sexy blue satin and lace thong of my wife's. I loved the feel of the material on my giblets. I don't know why, but the thin strip of fabric in the back just set me on fire. There was really no turning back from there. After that, probably makeup, especially lip gloss and lipstick. To me, there is almost nothing sexier than watching a woman apply lipstick or lip gloss. So when I did it for the first time I was giddy.

Sandra Lane
01-08-2017, 06:56 AM
Heels...Have aprox 30 pairs. but nylon nylon nylon for me. Also slips, girdles,gaterbelts,panties, and did I mention nylon?

Sashauk
01-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Nothing quite like the feel of sheer hose on smooth legs for me, but anything as long as it's soft, silky, frilly and lacy.

droopydog
01-08-2017, 12:40 PM
Wet look one piece swimsuits and pantyhose

Stacey-J
01-10-2017, 03:10 PM
I'm not sure what suckered me in originally, but these days I just can't go without my black knee high heeled boots + stockings

justnikki
01-13-2017, 08:36 PM
At first it was thongs, but now heels with open toes so I can see my painted pedicure...

Jaycee
02-14-2017, 05:52 PM
Painting my nails ...ever since I was 12-13 years old. 40 years later and I still enjoy it! I love seeing (and feeling) pretty hands and feet with nicely manicured and painted nails. Now, I'm doing my own. I almost always have a sheer pink with clear top coat on my toes and a clear semi-matte polish on my finger nails. When I work at my main job every three days, I wear Nubar matte finish top coat on my finger nails. Love it! Jaycee

syome
02-14-2017, 06:06 PM
I am not the only one who loves heels! :)

I love my heels, i just cant explain it but i see a beautiful pair of heels and i just want them. Like the amount of time i waste on the Christian Louboutin website is ridiculous.

mandi77
02-15-2017, 12:48 AM
Shoes I have to say followed by dresses and skirts

Gardener
02-15-2017, 01:21 AM
I am not sure if it was a thing as such. I would never pass and doubt that I would have the confidence to overtly present outside the home in clothes more feminine than male. For me the thing was a moment of truth, deciding that it was ok to feel the way I did and dress as I wanted, albeit in quite a limited way. The pleasure for me was the gaining of inner peace.

Lacey New
02-15-2017, 06:17 AM
It would have to have been nylon panties. And I do say nylon because cotton does nothing for me - spandex does not either. Shortly thereafter, it was the whole soft, silky nylon lingerie thing

ShelbyDawn
02-15-2017, 07:47 PM
For me it has always been panties; the lacier the better. Since I can remember, I have wanted to wear them. When I was 5 or 6, through high school, I would 'borrow' them from my sisters. I always seemed to have at least one or two pair that would somehow get mixed in with my laundry by mistake. Over the past several years, I have added the rest, bras, stockings, shoes, skirts, etc. but it always comes back to the pretty panties for me.

Hazel_k
02-17-2017, 01:07 AM
Open bottom girdles! When I was growing up even high school girls still wore them. Every boy my age hoped to get a glimpse of stocking tops, garters, and those mysterious girdles. I wanted to try one on, see how they worked, and fantasize about guys "looking me up!"

Femdenise
03-23-2017, 08:27 AM
My first "giant step" was wearing a full slip and sniffing Chanel 5. My feminine side was a reality the moment I raised the slip over my head and felt it slide down my young body. When I started shaving I always wore Chanel For Men aftershave.

kymmieLorain
03-23-2017, 11:40 PM
For me I has to be panties and lingerie.

Kymmie

Michael Hickey
03-24-2017, 08:43 AM
panties and bras for me without a doubt. Really love my panties

Krea
03-25-2017, 11:00 AM
It would have to be the lovely soft feel of stockings or tights. That woz certainly where it started for me...

whorton
03-26-2017, 05:58 AM
For me, it goes back to 8th grade when I started noticing what girls were wearing and about the same time I started crossdressing (The year 1973) I had tried on moms bra and it hung on me like a lasso thrown on a fence post. The item? The classic early 1970's white bra. I managed to borrow a bra and panties from my girlfriend at the time. . .(I don't rememeber telling her :brolleyes: But from the moment I put them on, My future was a forgone conclusion!

Started underdressing by 9th grade and only recently fully dressed and went out. . . Now, I love Skirts!

terri-joe
03-26-2017, 08:10 AM
camisoles, slips, your old-style cotton vest and now cotton underskirts/petticoat.. list will grow since I am just starting!