PDA

View Full Version : Our local town festival..

Debra Russell
08-01-2016, 12:19 PM
... is the last weekend in July every year, Thurs. - Sunday; Fri. I got to dress and go as I have done a few times in the past.

I closed by business a little early and went home, it was my daughter's day off - she was on the sofa reading and my wife was heading to the store I said I was going to take a shower I had been under our trailer adjusting the leveling jacks.
When I got out of the shower I thought "why not" so I got dressed in casual fair attire and slipped out the back door got in the truck and went back to my business (it's only a block from the park where the festival is being held) and continued to work on a job264429 for about half an hour. I took a selfy in my parking lot264427
and used a paint can as a camera holder - I thought the paint had dried on top but when I picked up my phone I realized the bottom edge was covered in green paint :eek: right where the charger plugs in - well I took off the cover and hoped it didn't plug it up. I dipped the bottom just barely in paint thinner, dabbed it with a swab and thank goodness:praying: it came clean and worked -no damage done then walked over to the grocery store around the block 264428then headed to the park. I only had a short time but strolling through the crowd and listening to the music was something I really needed to do. 264430I texted my wife I pic and told her I would be home shortly, she called me and asked where I was, I asked her if she got my text "no my phone was charging and I turned it off" so I told what I was doing and where I was and her response was "did you see anyone we know?" well yes but not to worry they only saw "Debbie" and not anyone related to you. My wife said our daughter had left so it was a clear path and I headed home. A very needed and enjoyed short outing.
Hope you all had a nice weekend ............................Debra

Laura912
08-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Sounds like your phone wasn't the only thing that got recharged.

Lana Mae
08-01-2016, 03:14 PM
You look so relaxed and happy!! Glad your phone worked out alright!! Good pictures!! Best wishes for more "Debbie" time!! Hugs Lana Mae

Karen RHT
08-01-2016, 03:26 PM
Good for you Debra, glad it all worked out for you.

Karen

Allisa
08-01-2016, 04:30 PM
Sounds like a fun stroll around town, I take it your daughter doesn't know, you look very comfy in your outfit.

Debra Russell
08-01-2016, 06:02 PM
Allisa, my daughter does know - but she has her own demons to deal with and I didn't think I needed to break her concentration at that unexpected moment, but we have been out together , she still thinks its a little weird ...and yes the blouse is one of my favorite - my wife bought it for me in Hawaii.............................Debra