PDA

View Full Version : shame we can't all get together for a knees-up!

Andrea Evadne
08-01-2016, 03:20 PM
After reading some threads about how we mostly never cross paths with other girls like us, and most of us exist in isolation, it occurs to me that it is simply a crying shame we can't wave a magic wand and get a big bunch of us together for a few drinks, chatter and someone can teach me about properly putting on nail polish :D

Krisi
08-01-2016, 04:03 PM
You can search youtube for nail polish instructions or you can just go to your favorite nail salon and pay attention when they do yours. Clear polish goes on the same as colored.

audreyinalbany
08-01-2016, 04:44 PM
well you know it's true...with all the regional meetings for x-dressers, we ought to start a national meeting specifically for crossdressers.com members

Teresa
08-02-2016, 11:51 AM
Andrea,

It's good to read it happens on a small scale, it would be interesting to know how many members have met up either dressed or in drab. Carole approached me through the forum , I'm so glad she did because we now meet up socially for outings in drab and at the social meetings fully dressed.

As for the saga of my nails, I haven't managed to go out with perfect nails yet, I can get it on fine but it takes so long to dry, so it's usually a smudged mess by the time I get in the car.

Dana44
08-02-2016, 12:05 PM
It is good to go to a meetup of girls like us. There are several a year. But we are so far apart that it is hard for some of us and many are in the closet.

docrobbysherry
08-02-2016, 12:06 PM
At the largest T event in the States, SCC, I met 35 cd.com ers there once. I had never been out dressed or met another dresser before I attended my 1st SCC. And, traveled across the USA to get there.

Many others from cd.com have become good friends at the DLV and Wildside events in Vegas. Nearby, in Long Beach, Cal. we have a monthly event that over 500 T's, friends and admirers attend. I will going again this Sat. A number of cd.com girls attend this, too.

If u REALLY want to meet other dressers, u can and will!:battingeyelashes:

Kate Simmons
08-02-2016, 01:05 PM
I do manage to do that when my local club has CD/TG weekend. With one or possibly two from the Forum sometimes. It's pretty nice. :)

Maria 60
08-02-2016, 06:15 PM
No doubt that would be fun and I would learn a few new things with all the experience all our members have here. Great idea.

Charlyne
08-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Are there any CDer meetings in Oregon? I know there are some that go bar hopping in Portland; but I would be liking a meeting place instead.

Alice Torn
08-02-2016, 11:05 PM
But those conventions are too expensive for some of us.

Tracii G
08-03-2016, 06:33 AM
A lot of the conventions are out west so for me that is too far,SCC in Atlanta is still an 8 hour drive for me so again too far.

Heidi Stevens
08-03-2016, 08:10 AM
There are transgender and crossdressing events held all over the country. There would probably be more if folks with organizing such gatherings would help get things going, especially in the center of the US. There are regular annual events through out the year. Some of them are First Event in Boston, Keystone in Harrisburg, Diva Las Vegas, Esprit in Washington State, Pink Fest in Chicago, Southern Comfort in Ft. Lauderdale, Peachfest in Atlanta and Lake Erie Gala in Erie, Pa.
There are also several smaller get togethers through out the year like Detroit Invasion. There is also a listing of outings on the very bottom of the forum call Places to Go, look in the upcoming events.

As for SCC being the biggest gathering, this is under debate. The meeting was moved from convenient Atlanta last year to Ft. Lauderdale and a very hard to reach resort on the Everglades. Been in Ft. Lauderdale Florida in September. Nice on the beach but hot and humid inland. Attendance was way down due to the move and it had several sponsors and doctors pull support. I expect the governing board to wise up and return to Atlanta next year.
As far as the biggest? I would say that title went to Keystone earlier this year with over 700 in attendance over 4 days.
Bottom line, the conventions are out there and see if they have scholarships to help with costs. Have fun!

Sissy_Michelle
08-03-2016, 10:09 AM
Andrea,

"most of us exist in isolation". Yes I agree, a magic wand and poof there would be a place where no dirty looks, or judgement existed, only caring and support. A place to chat, drink, do our nails, talk about clothes and shopping sales...

@--}---
Michelle

JaytoJillian
08-03-2016, 04:54 PM
Plenty of safe, sane cd/trans-friendly activities going on in my area. Just hard for me to get out. I know I will regret staying in so much. meh.

docrobbysherry
08-04-2016, 10:42 AM
---------------------- a magic wand and poof there would be a place where no dirty looks, or judgement existed, only caring and support. A place to chat, drink, do our nails, talk about clothes and shopping sales...
Michelle
U just described exactly what the 5 SCC's I attended were like. The first year, I never left the hotel. Which was completely occupied by dressers. They were everywhere. Day, nite, in the bar, restaurant, lobby, and all over the grounds!:hugs: