PDA

View Full Version : dressing to de-stress

jacques
08-08-2016, 05:44 PM
Hi,
I had a thought recently: when I worked at a hospital there was a strict dress code (pun not intended) we had to wear black trousers, shirt and tie, and white coat and when I got home from work I changed into jeans and a tee shirt; just changing my clothes changed my thinking too: I stopped thinking about work and relaxed.
In my present job there is no dress code or uniform - I wear jeans and tee shirt to work and I wear a tee shirt and jeans at home - apart from when I crossdress to relax.
Does that relate to you too?
luv J

Lana Mae
08-08-2016, 05:52 PM
I am semi retired and only work 12 days a month but as a nurse and very male!! Wear a uniform that is dark blue! Wear jeans and t shirt when at home relaxed and can not crossdress(under dress with panties and have toenails painted at all times when not at work!) Often wear female t shirts(plain solid color but cut for female in that I can feel the difference from male t shirt!!) So I guess it does relate to me, too!!! Hugs Lana Mae

Joan58
08-08-2016, 06:19 PM
I work mostly outdoors, Jeans and t shirt type of work, operating machinery and physical labor.

So when I get in the house, shower and put on something soft and pretty, Yes the stress of the day melts away and I can relax.

Joan

NancySue
08-08-2016, 07:46 PM
Totally agree. After a stressful day, dressing, especially slipping on some nylon stockings definitely has a noticeable calming effect on me. In fact, when I'm tired or stressed, my wife will suggest I "relax", which has become our term for my dressing. Since she doesn't like wearing hose or underwires, she doesn't understand how these things can have a calming effect. I just smile.

Joan58
08-08-2016, 08:21 PM
Same has happened at my house NancySue. One evening sitting with my wife I was fussing about
something that had happened,she just said why don't you get into your nighty and get happy.

Joan

Kate Simmons
08-09-2016, 05:44 AM
I used to think it was pretty funny. Many women can't wait to get home from work so they can take their bra off. Many of us can't wait to get home from work to put our bra on. :battingeyelashes::)

Elizabeth G
08-09-2016, 07:36 AM
Dressing simultaneously stresses and de-stresses me. Once dressed I feel a calm and peacefulness come over me, but because I'm closeted the stress of being caught is always there.

Linda E. Woodworth
08-09-2016, 07:43 AM
I know that I am more relaxed when I can dress.

I tend not to notice it as I'm "too close" to the problem. My wife has commented on this to me more than once.

In fact there are times when she has wanted to give me time to dress to get me to calm down.

Louise DK
08-09-2016, 09:06 AM
I definetly relax very well when I dress in female attire. And in a very stressed period at Work, just a single evening donning a dress or whatever seems to take the Edge off for a handfull of days.

Louise.

Dana44
08-09-2016, 09:16 AM
After a stressful day, I like to dress and relax. Something about being fem, relaxes you as it feels so comfortable.

Bianca73
08-09-2016, 11:34 AM
I feel more relaxed and happier in myself

Stephanie47
08-09-2016, 12:25 PM
I worked for thirty years in an office where I wore dress slacks, shined shoes, dress shirt and tie. When I got home I stripped down to a beat up pair of cutoff jeans and tee shirts sans socks and shoes. I still feel more comfortable wearing that attire. Even more than wearing one of my numerous dresses. Stephanie really comes out when I am overly stressed.

Last week I had a function to attend where I did wear slacks, shirt and tie and had shined shoes. It actually felt great to dress very masculine, and, it was appreciated by my wife who wore a dress herself for the occasion.

NewBrendaLee
08-09-2016, 12:32 PM
Dressing in Fm when I can helps me relax. Igeta chance to be my true self.

CynthiaD
08-09-2016, 06:02 PM
I recently went through a terribly stressful time at work. I changed to female clothing as soon as I got home, and "poof!" All the stress disappeared. If I hadn't had that outlet I probably would have gone crazy or ended up in the hospital or worse. Dressing saved my sanity, if not my life.

Scarlett Viktoria
08-09-2016, 06:25 PM
I had a couple jobs where when I would come home and change into guy clothes/jammies/whatever I would feel like a normal person again. Luckily I'm not in those jobs anymore. But I remember one time talking to my wife on the phone after having a super stressfull day and saying "I really just need to come home and put on a skirt." Lol!

Laura28
08-09-2016, 10:30 PM
it has a huge effect on me , i really only dress fully when i am traveling on buisness and in my hotel room. Nothing relaxes me more when i get to take a night and get all dolled up. My wife is aware and supportive of me dressing and knows how much it relaxes me. At home when stressed i will put on a bra and for what ever reason it melts away all the stress that i am under at a given time. (cant dress at home as my wife doesnt want t see me fully dressed and we have to adult kids living at home.

valerie anne
08-10-2016, 03:38 PM
Yes, yes!

After a hard day, nothing compares to slipping into a bra and makeup. If I am really stressed, I reach for my stockings, suspender belt & heels.

But the more I dress, the more it becomes an effort (getting the stocking seams straight), so many times it's just the bra under a see-through top.

PattyT
08-11-2016, 08:48 PM
Crossresssing is a superb way to relax and de-stress. This is a major aspect for me.

jacques
08-12-2016, 05:23 PM
thank you all for your replies,
luv j

wendy
08-12-2016, 08:38 PM
I too wear t-shirt/jeans to work, and I do enjoy that aspect of my job (it is easier on the pocketbook when it comes to the wardrobe too).

When I get home from work, shower, I slip into a pair of panties. I don't have time to dress up as Wendy, but when the weekend comes Wendy is in full bloom. And yes, even with panties I do feel my work stress melting away.

Robin777
08-12-2016, 09:01 PM
I dress to relieve stress also. Some days when I have a real bad day at work I cannot wait to get home and put on a bra and some nice panties.

leannejacobs
08-12-2016, 09:07 PM
I know that I am more relaxed when I can dress.

I tend not to notice it as I'm "too close" to the problem. My wife has commented on this to me more than once.

In fact there are times when she has wanted to give me time to dress to get me to calm down.

Linda, I'm in exactly the same position as you, my wife recognises when I need to de-stress and she will encourage me to dress, in front of her though, she doesn't mind, even at times, when I have been dressed for a while when she's been out, Unknown to her she can tell I've been dressed, purely because I behave differently, she says I'm happier and more relaxed, so it obviously has got a big effect on us.

Cara Lacey
08-12-2016, 11:56 PM
Usually when I need to spend a lot of time on the computer I, at the very least, I under dress. Once I was having a lot of trouble and calling my Mac various names, I heard my wife yell from the other room "put on a bra! "

Laurenlovecd
08-13-2016, 02:21 AM
Great post!! I lead a very busy and sometimes hectic lifestyle. I have no one to blame but myself for that, but when I really need a break from it one of the best ways to relieve my stress is to spend half the day dressing and taking photos. I find it so relaxing (when things are going well...hair, makeup outfits) and very rewarding. Crossdressing is one of the only things I do where I actually slow down and get to really enjoy my life. Jeez.....I should do it more than once or twice a month huh?

Kiwi Primrose
08-13-2016, 03:06 AM
I work from home as an accountant and taxation agent for small business.
Every day I under-dress in bra and panties and every late afternoon I get "changed" as my Mother always said she was doing.
So every evening I am fully femme in my clothing. When combined with a glass of wine and my wife's company it is easy to forget work and tax problems.

Stephanie Lynne
08-13-2016, 03:42 AM
I agree. After a tough week at work, I usually dress on the weekend vi notice that I'm more relaxed and kinda "escape" from the stress. I love the feeling. Probably helps with my blood pressure, too. At least I hope it does.
Stephanie

Karine
08-13-2016, 06:01 AM
I agree too. I do not know why but crossdressing is really relaxing. I supposed it is because it's a time when I really focus on my feelings and I do what I like to do.
Unfortunately, being closeted, I can crossdress as much I want. So, when I need to relax, I sometimes just anticipate my next crossdressing session and look on Internet what items I could purchase, what make-up I could try. It's help me relax too.

CarlaWestin
08-13-2016, 08:24 AM
Interesting. I have four different dress modes on the average day. After Carla time in the early morning (full on girl mode) I put on my heavy long sleeved company supplied uniform. When I get home from work, I really just want to go back to Carla mode but, I put on jeans and a t-shirt to be in Husband mode. As I get up early, I usually retire early. Often, I'll sleep in a silky night gown complemented with bra, forms, panties and CB. I awake in girl mode and go right into Carla mode before the work uniform has to go on.

lisagurl
08-13-2016, 08:47 AM
i feel like i can breathe when i where fem stuff :)

CherylFlint
08-13-2016, 05:25 PM
I’d have to say that us girls who dress do so to “relax” is close to 100%, if not actually 100%.

kymmieLorain
08-13-2016, 07:17 PM
There are times at work that I just want to come home and slip into something girly. Usually a skirt and tank or sometimes it is all out. Stocking/ complete underwear/ dress the works. I guess that would be called d-stressing.

Kymmie

AllieBellema
08-13-2016, 07:26 PM
Usually, destressing for me would be just to spend some time in a pair of panties. If I feel up for it, I'll put on a full outfit with it, if not the panties do good enough!

MissTee
08-13-2016, 09:27 PM
Me too. Say de-stress to the dress.

Stephj
08-14-2016, 04:52 PM
I wear a bra to work almost every day I learned a few years ago this really reduces the stress from what happens in the ER and when I have to be an EMT out on the rode

michiganjenn
08-19-2016, 01:03 PM
Exactly!

- - - Updated - - -

Destress for sure, as Jennifer nothing else matters at that moment....its liberating!

Ozark
08-26-2016, 02:00 PM
Same has happened at my house NancySue. One evening sitting with my wife I was fussing about
something that had happened,she just said why don't you get into your nighty and get happy.

Joan

Ditto only in our house it's 'why don't you slip into something pretty?' Pretty nice, isn't it. I like the Iowa farm wife look..... lol nice! When I broke my wrist, my wife soon tired of buttoning and zipping up my pants and bought me some chic elastic waist jeans.... When we travel in our travel trailer, she has the rule of threes..... at least one item must be male and nothing to overtly feminine. I love it.

jen_ross
08-26-2016, 10:21 PM
I always switch to panties under shorts or jammy shorts when I get home, and a camisole under a men's t-shirt, or a bralette without the inserts. My wife knows but I try to keep it discreet in front of her. Sometime after she goes to bed, or often on weekends after she's in bed, I go farther, including my favorite, lipstick. I feel more relaxed in the moment, sleep better, and feel less stressed the next day the more I can do to feel girly.

Cassiek
08-27-2016, 04:58 AM
I come home from long night at work see the wife and kids off then instantly into destress mode. Shave my legs moisturize body then slip into cute panties bra and forms. On with a silky pair of stockings or hose. To the makeup counter face eyes and cheeks. A pretty dress or cute skirt and blouse all tied together with sexy pumps earrings necklace ring and a bangle or two. Finish up with wig and lips then off to the office and laundry only to return to the cruel real world. Only thing that would top the experience would be to dab on a beautiful smelling perfume. Only problem with the latter is how to explain that the only other girl in the house when she is gone is me👙👠👗💋

Mollyanne
08-27-2016, 05:05 AM
I have come to realize that I used to justify my dressing to relieve the stress of the day. I will have the "stress of the day" no matter where or what will or has happened. I DRESS BECAUSE I LIKE TO AND I FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF WHEN I PRESENT IN FEMALE MODE!!!!!!

Mollyanne

Cassiek
08-27-2016, 05:08 AM
Well said!!!!!!!!