PDA

View Full Version : GLBTI inclusion goes mainstream big time in Australia

Tanya+
08-11-2016, 10:26 PM
This week end of Australian Football (AFL) is the latest instalment from the league to include all aspects of society.

This round of football is dedicated too and celebrates gender/sexual diversity in the spotlight of Australia's biggest sporting code.

The move is not without its detractors; but there is a mood for inclusion in Australia.

I hope it makes it into the media where you live.

Take care all,

Tanya

Tania75
08-12-2016, 01:13 AM
Football, in all its codes in Australia has always been the male bastion of sport, where if you even think about drinking low alcohol beer while watching the football, you were considered a bit suspect. I can only think of one high profile rugby league player who has come out as gay, and he was eventually accepted, especially after he retired from the sport.
Moving on, with women's leagues of all football codes up and running alongside the male big time leagues, football for both genders is being accepted.
When the thought of male football players possibly crossdressing in their own time is accepted by fellow players, the football league or the public in general, well, it could be quite a while away yet, but it will come, but it will take time.

ClosetED
08-12-2016, 08:38 AM
I assume this is what Americans call soccer.
How about having the goalie dress as a cheerleader? That may well distract the other team from scoring!
For American football, the kicker needs to have good legs and free to move them. So why not wear a miniskirt? :)
Hugs, Ellen

Tanya+
08-16-2016, 08:37 PM
Hi Ellen,

AFL or aussie rules is so not soccer, lots of flying through the air involved, so if you are wearing a skirt, be sure to wear your best panties!

Tan