PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing is seemingly a therapy.

Alice_2014_B
08-12-2016, 01:25 PM
I imagine this is very true for most all of us here. I bring no en femme goods with me on the road (truck drive the 11 western states) aside from a pair of high heels, but that's rare.

I feel really really good just browsing online, mainly Ebay, for high heels, dresses, skirts, and other CDing goods. It relieves stress and sexual frustration. Of everything I have saved in my Watch List on Ebay, I only plan on ordering a few things.

There is always the thought of dressing up next time, that really helps too. I have yet to fully dress up in 2016.

The only other thing that really helps with stress on the road is exercising, mainly running; and I'm very glad that's one thing trucking hasn't restricted me on.

Thanks for reading!

:)

andreanna
08-12-2016, 01:42 PM
Why not bring your stuff with you? I run all of 48 and Canada. Feels great to wear my bra, forms, wig, whatever I want. The 4 wheelers can't see up and the big rigs can't see much when they pass you. Worried about scales and fuel... wear an unlined bra and just take the forms out if need be. Enjoy yourself, we are made this way. Go for it and be comfortable.

Dana44
08-12-2016, 02:17 PM
I agree, Andreanna, I drove the 48 and and saw a few out there that were dressed and saw one fella that had hir down to his behind, a really long pony tail. So no fear and you can change back into drab before doing laundry and stuff.

Alice_2014_B
08-13-2016, 11:51 AM
Why not bring your stuff with you?

I've considered bringing all of my girl things, but it's just not for me on the road.

Stephanie47
08-13-2016, 12:08 PM
I totally agree wearing women's clothing has been a stress reliever. It's summer and my wife has been off work since late April due to surgery, and, school does not start for another month. I have not been able to dress since then, but, that has not stopped me from getting garments on eBay, and, perusing the women's sections of the on-line retailers. This site keeps my interest up. It is always good to have another outlet for stress relief.

Glad you're not the same size as me...I hate being outbid on eBay!

mechamoose
08-13-2016, 12:20 PM
Bringing your stuff with you means that you leave the opportunity open to let that part of yourself free.

"let that part of yourself free"

Is this a costume or is it an identity?

That is the question you should be asking.

90% of my clothing is from the women's section. I do this every day. I'm 6'2", 245#, built like a wedge, have a beard that goes up to my eyeballs and thighs like mossy tree trunks.

I'm a *GIRL*. I don't care what I look like.

So... look at your self identity again. What choices have you made on those answers?

Think. Think. Think.

<3

Kitty / Moose

Teresa
08-13-2016, 01:33 PM
Alice,
It's one reason why I shop in person, it's too easy to click check out on line. I have nowhere as much stuff as some members but it's still enough to take me through this year so I just don't need any more but it's so tempting .

Being a truck driver must make dressing easier, you can live on board if you choose and wear what you like, you know the stops you need to make so covering up can be preplanned if you don't wish to be seen dressed.

Alice_2014_B
08-28-2016, 06:08 PM
I thought about bringing the essentials on the road with me, but there's too much that can happen.

Alice Torn
08-28-2016, 07:36 PM
Thanks for sharing Alice! Sometimes less dressing is the most rewarding dressing.

Ineke Vashon
08-28-2016, 08:24 PM
My thoughts would be to drive in drab, have en femme clothes with you until you stop at a motel for an overnight. I imagine a run, a hot shower, a drink, and soft lingerie to sleep in.

Ineke

andreanna
08-28-2016, 08:39 PM
Well Ineke, most of us that run long haul don't stay in motels, we usually sleep in our sleeper ( which are quite comfortable), the showers are in the truck stop, and after many years on the road there are very few stops that have anything hard to drink than beer, but it is a felony to drink in the parking areas.

DutchCarla
08-29-2016, 07:45 AM
I have no idea what the challenges are living as a trucker on the roads.

What I do know however, is that dressing once in a while, even partially, is really a stress reliever: it makes me feel totally at ease and peacefull. To me it feels almost the same as meditating. Maybe try that when you can't dress?

Ahhh... forgot: 2 new dresses on their way to me :)

Beverley Sims
08-29-2016, 01:46 PM
Alice, keep going as you are, there are a lot of unknowns and maybe one day...... :-)

Alice_2014_B
09-26-2016, 02:29 PM
It has been amazing since I've been home for about a month now and off the road; I've fully dressed up a few times since August and have been out in public once.
It was my first public outing in over a year.
Every time it has felt great!

Victoria92116
09-26-2016, 04:01 PM
I do love changing after work, it really does bring down the stress level. Just last night my wife asked to pluck my eyebrows, and as I layed in a dress, even with the discomfort of the plucking I was totally relaxed and happy.

CONSUELO
09-26-2016, 04:36 PM
Being able to dress up does feel great and is very relaxing. it is therapeutic but I don't regard it as therapy.

Here's a question for all of you truck drivers - I like to drive my car when dressed and often wonder if the truck drivers in their high cabs get a clear view of me as I overtake them?

JenniferMBlack
09-26-2016, 07:20 PM
Here's a question for all of you truck drivers - I like to drive my car when dressed and often wonder if the truck drivers in their high cabs get a clear view of me as I overtake them?

Consuelo the simple answer is yes. You can see a lot from up in the big trucks. Even from my flatbed tow truck I see into cars pretty well.

Jaylyn
09-26-2016, 07:40 PM
I also find when I'm stressed that dressing can help me relax for some reason I can't explain. I understand Alice it is kind of therapy.

phili
09-27-2016, 07:46 AM
It is totally therapy for me and the more I do it the better I feel. I like wearing a skirt when driving, and I suggest you go for it- that way you get more hours in. I don't know if truckers still have CB radio handles, but you could make up one that celebrates being a crossdresser, and have some fun.

Sarah Doepner
09-27-2016, 12:08 PM
I've held for quite a while now that Crossdressing is self-medicating for gender dysphoria. The dose varies depending on where you are in that transgender spectrum. Some folks get by with a pair of underwear and others have to dress fully and go out. If none of that works, it may be time for hormones and/or GCS. Each person is different and finds their own balance in genderland, often seeing it change from hour to hour or day to day. If driving as a guy and changing at home keeps you happy, then you are doing it right.

NicoleScott
09-27-2016, 01:55 PM
Maybe crossdressing is therapy. For some of us, so is fishing, hunting, golf........no, wait. Golf is the reason people need therapy.

Alice Torn
09-27-2016, 02:05 PM
Having been in a number of accidents in my life, pretty normal, i would not like getting into an accident all dolled up. I can understand not dressing while at the wheel too much.

susancheerleader
09-27-2016, 03:06 PM
I will unequivocally say that cross dressing is very therapeutic for me. I find myself much more comfortable and relaxed when I am dressed. Which really is almost 90% of the time.