PDA

View Full Version : Pampering session

MartineCD
08-13-2016, 05:11 PM
I am interested in feedback from all but in particular those who have not come out to their nearest and dearest if they have experienced something similar to the following.

My SO, DD and I are taking a welcome (but drab for me) break from the routine following DD's recent serious ill-health. On arrival at our hotel/spa we were given vouchers for complementary therapies. Old me would have been too 'manly' and let SO use them but as she wasn't in the mood and I'm finding a newer me I decided 'why ever the hell not'. I had every intention of getting a manicure and pedicure but bottled when I met the therapist and settled for an aromatherapy back massage. While chatting before the massage I was told that the nail technician will be in on Monday.

Allowing myself that 30 minutes of calm with wonderful zesty citrus oils was absolutely heavenly. Floating on cloud nine and having fun with DD I'm looking forward to my session with the nail tech.

Looking forward to reading your experiences.

Love Martine x

Lana Mae
08-13-2016, 05:30 PM
going for transformation next month and may have a pedicure while there! Hopefully will have time!! Never was pampered before!! Hugs Lana Mae

MartineCD
08-13-2016, 05:48 PM
Hi Lana Mae

I hope you have a fabulous session. I'm probably over exaggerating but it was such a unique experience for me it felt like pampering. I am rather envious as there are no transformation places near me. Not that I could explain the time away.

Thanks for the reply. Take care

M x

Jaylyn
08-13-2016, 06:25 PM
Everbody needs a little pampering every now and then. My wife talked me into getting a pedicure once, she had them to do the hot rocks on my legs and I loved it. I was too big a chicken when it came time for the pedicurists to paint the toe nails and asked if I'd would like a color. I said no but so wanted to say red.... Oh well the pampering and toe nail trims felt good. I bet the massage felt great you had.

Sometimes Steffi
08-13-2016, 10:04 PM
I get a pedicure several time a year, and always "with color".

My colored nails are exposed twice a week at yoga class and are clearly visible to my massage therapist if they want to look at them.

MartineCD
08-14-2016, 02:30 AM
Hi Jaylyn

The massage was sheer bliss. I'll see on Monday if I have the nerve to get a colour. What is it with the colour RED that is so attractive.

Hi Steffi

That's great. It must feel so empowering to do something that makes you feel good and not care if anyone sees you.

Take care both of you

M x

BettyMorgan
08-14-2016, 09:55 AM
I am going to Vegas this week and the first thing my SO and I are going to do (after I get my girl on) is get pedicures. That was her suggestion and I'm going with it. I've had massages many times and enjoyed most of them, but this will be my first pedicure. And I will definitlely choosing a nice feminine colour.

MartineCD
08-15-2016, 06:46 AM
Hi Betty

That sounds absolutely wonderful. I'm still in the closet so am worried about my SO seeing.

Have fun

M x

- - - Updated - - -

Well that was disappointing. The nail tech was a new girl who got lost on her way to work this morning.

I ended up having a reflexology session. Don't get me wrong the massage was great but I had myself all ready for a pedicure.

Got a miffed comment from my SO about looking after myself (a bit pot, kettle and black) but I must make more of an effort to be more like my regular self.

Take care

M x

Nikki A.
08-16-2016, 06:30 PM
Pedicures are just sheer bliss. I've done color but usually I stick to clear or pearl, not too noticeable but I know it's there.