PDA

View Full Version : Does Waxing Work?

karentvca
02-25-2006, 09:54 AM
Okay... I KNOW it works to remove all the hair you want to remove.

But I have heard that regular waxing actually reduces hair growth -- even the lady who does my waxing says that, but that's a good sales pitch, isn't it?

So, all you ladies who wax regularly: have you noticed a significant reduction in hair growth? And, if so, how long were you waxing before you noticed it?

Thanks!

DanaJ
02-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Well, yes and no - a lot depends on the individual. I have been waxed many times, and sometimes I can fool myself into believing that the hair is growing slower or finer, but is it a fact, or perception?

LizBeth
02-25-2006, 10:05 AM
what over the counter waxing products work best ?? want to try it alone first and see how it goes or have a friend do it

Wenda
02-25-2006, 10:26 AM
I have had mixed results. I used to shave my legs, but used veet strips and found that the hair is now growing out more slowly and does seem finer. I used real wax, heated in water on the stove. did a great job on my bikini line, but actually created little drops of blood where the hair was. I immediately swabbed the area with peroxide. Those hairs have been very slow to regrow.
On the other hand, I have waxed my chest a number of times, and have always have problems with red spots, and have given up, going back to shaving every day, no big deal. I noticed a $10 special on eyebrows at a spa downtown yesterday, so I am going to try to get in to get that done today.

Rene
02-25-2006, 11:06 AM
I have been waxing for a few years now. what I have noticed is that after years of shaving I had 3 or 4 hairs in each folicle. That is now intirely gone. the waxing has killed the extra hairs. So for me yes, it has reduced the amount of hairs.

Phyliss
02-25-2006, 11:21 AM
I've been "waxing" from nose to toes and everywhere between, every five weeks since July of last year. This time, I've gone six weeks since my last appointment and it [I]seems[I] like there is somewhat less hair than before. That just might be a perception on my part. perhaps I should count them per square inch and then compare the same area later.

Kimberley
02-25-2006, 11:52 AM
Hi Karen,
Since you are in Canada, try Parissa. The product line is excellent but make sure to do the whole route, pre wax and after wax skin care. This is particularly important.
I know Shoppers Drug Mart carry it. Otherwise you can buy online from their website. www.parissa.com

Good luck.

Kimberley.

Rachel Morley
02-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Hi Karen,

Before I met my wife Marla (and my cding increased) I used to workout a lot and like the lean smooth tanned look especially on my legs.

I used to go to a professional salon and have my chest, abdomen and legs waxed every few weeks. I did this constantly for about 5 years or so. I don't wax anymore I only shave but my regrowth is very slow and the hairs when they do appear are fine and light in color. Nowadays, I only have to shave my legs once a week and my chest twice a week.

So what I'm saying is, that for me, persistant waxing over several years by a professional salon lessened my hair growth so much that it has made shaving much less of a chore.

Hope this helps
Hugs