PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Day Dressed

Claudia D
08-14-2016, 04:57 PM
I was determined this morning to get out and use the Cleo/Ricki's (Canadian "women's" clothing store) gift card that my sister gave me for my birthday back in June. I wanted to do it dressed although the SAs at the store have been very helpful even when I have gone in drab.

Before I could go though I had made an appointment at the optometrist as I need new glasses. Appointment was at noon so I went for a quick breakfast first but it took 'forever' to decide what to wear. I ended up with a pair of chunky 2" heel black sandals, denim skirt, a purple t-shirt and a white bolero sweater. Always seem to be a bit nervous/scared when wearing a "women's" top so I usually chicken out and wear a drab polo shirt.

So anyway I went to the coffee shop for breakfast with no problems or concerns. Sat there drinking my coffee and enjoying by breakfast sandwich.

Went across the street to the optometrist and filled out my new patient form. Everyone was nice & friendly and didn't say anything! :)

After the appointment I went next door to the glasses place. The SA was super nice and asked what I was looking for and I told her. She didn't care if I/we were looking through the women's or men's frames. Really it always surprised me that we as a society have to even have gender specific eye-wear!!

We were at the computer entering my information and all pretty standard stuff (name, address, phone, etc). What was really cool is that she asked me what gender designation I wanted on file!! :)

I know I am no where close to being able to pass as a GG and right now I am not really trying but WOW! :thumbsup:

So after that wonderful experience I went to my local sports bar and had a bite to eat along with a couple of pints while watching the baseball game.

So now after all that it was too late to go to Cleo/Ricki's so I ended up staying close and trying on a bunch of clothes at Le Chateaux. I bought a beautiful black floral dress that I ooooh so much DO NOT need. I was looking for tops!! :) :D

WOW - longest post so far! :tongueout

mikayla1964
08-14-2016, 05:10 PM
Sounds like a wonderful day.. Well beings how you don't need that dress just send it my way...lol

Jaylyn
08-14-2016, 05:27 PM
I think you had a very interesting day and you enjoyed every minute of it. Good job.

Lana Mae
08-14-2016, 05:41 PM
Sounds like a wonderful day!! I agree gender specific eyewear is just silly!!! Oh and we here in USA do not get asked about gender designation!! But we want to be the most progressive nation!!( HA, HA!) Hugs Lana Mae

Rachelakld
08-15-2016, 04:32 AM
what a lovely sounding day

Amber83
08-15-2016, 04:55 AM
Sounds like you enjoyed yourself.

Barbara Black
08-15-2016, 07:04 AM
Sounds like a very nice afternoon. So will the next one be, when you actually make it to Cleo/Ricki's, for tops... LOL

bridget thronton
08-15-2016, 07:18 AM
Thanks for sharing your day

Karen RHT
08-15-2016, 08:11 AM
My wife and I shop Cleo's/Ricki's frequently as we usually find something we like in one or both stores. Some great SA's working in them as well. By all means, go take advantage of that gift card from your sister.

Karen

Claudia D
08-15-2016, 07:46 PM
My wife and I shop Cleo's/Ricki's frequently as we usually find something we like in one or both stores. Some great SA's working in them as well. By all means, go take advantage of that gift card from your sister.

Karen

First time that I went to Cleo's/Ricki'si spent almost $500 so I am sort of glad it is not very close! :tongueout

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a wonderful day.. Well beings how you don't need that dress just send it my way...lol

Sorry! :) No go the dress is way to pretty to give up. It is a little bit a heavier fabric so it is going to go great with a pair of tights and some knee boots in the fall! :daydreaming:

Karen RHT
08-16-2016, 07:49 AM
[QUOTE=TheGreatAdventure;3982180]First time that I went to Cleo's/Ricki'si spent almost $500 so I am sort of glad it is not very close! :tongueout

I hear you, believe me. Especially if it's two for her, one for me. :cheers:

Alyssa Lane
08-16-2016, 02:34 PM
I do have to agree, dresses from Le Chateau are my favorite. 265022

mdavis
08-17-2016, 10:27 AM
I love Ricki's and Cleo not to mention Le Chateau. They aren't in the budget right now (that and the fact that I'm just now easing down into their size range). It's usually Value Village/Talize for me.
Sounds like you had an awesome day!!