PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 years on hormones and only an AA cup size

Tamera
08-15-2016, 09:17 AM
Hello Everyone,

It has been a long time since I have been on this site. As a matter of fact it was this site that made me realize I was not the only one on the block that had issues.

Anyway my question is "will my breasts ever get bigger"? I have been on estrogen, progesterone and spironolactone for 2.5 years and still only an AA cup. Without a BA that starts out at $5,000 is there any hope?

Nicole Erin
08-15-2016, 10:01 AM
If that is the result of 2.5 years hormones, then probably not any hope without doing a BA.

Hormones do not have much effect on anything unless someone started when they were really young.
If they did, there would be little to no use for breast augmentation, FFS, electrolysis, and the like.

It is like this - HRT is just another way to get money out of people, kind of like every other prescription drug.

Jennifer-GWN
08-15-2016, 10:13 AM
Tamera;

I guess there's a function of age, hormone levels, and particular protocols. Personally I saw quite a bit of a change several years in. Along the way leading up to that also I did experience vast differences going from pills to injections while keeping my hormone levels in approximately the same range. There are a lot of factors on this including family background... For me here I'm probably inline with my mom.

Along the way this subject was a regular conversation with my dr and endo. Both regularly commented and asked if I was happy/satisfied. So far all good.

My 2cents several years into hormones.

I Am Paula
08-15-2016, 10:25 AM
I went with a BA after two years. My endo and I agreed that it was as good as it gets. Some people are just not genetically set up to grow boobies. :(

Melissa Rose
08-15-2016, 10:27 AM
After 2.5 years, there will little to no further breast growth assuming your original dosage is not extremely low.

Hormones do not have much effect on anything unless someone started when they were really young.
My experience has been quite different. I definitely did not start hormones young and there were significant physical changes to my body. Yes, starting hormones at a young age does make a difference, but it is not a requirement to obtain substantial effects. So many factors influence the impact of HRT and there is a wide range of outcomes so making a blanket statement of this nature does not reflect everyone's experience.

PretzelGirl
08-15-2016, 10:41 AM
Oh, has my body changed, and I am old enough to get free coffee at some places.

There is going to be a lot of opinion on this, because we all have different experiences. I know every time this came up, a former member would state that she was still seeing growth after 6 years. That might be the extreme, I don't know since i am not at 6 years. But think about these things:

You state you have been taking HRT for 2.5 years, but are your levels monitored to make sure they are correct so that you do get the full effects (they might be)?

I didn't have any growth until I was almost at 2 years myself. Closing in on a B at this point (I am now at 2 years 4 months).

There are consistent reports of increased growth after GRS. So if you are planning on doing this, you might leave room for some more growth.

After all of that, you may still consider a BA. I would then say one thing, if you think you might get more growth, have them give you the size towards the lower end of the range you would like. That way you leave some room for an HRT based bump. I know a few that had early BAs then kept growing and they are bigger than they wanted. It really is a bit of a crap shoot.

Tamera
08-15-2016, 01:02 PM
Thank You for all the replies. According to Sue there still is little hope. I been using Victoria Secrets add 2 cup size bras. Which helps but I would like to go natural someday. I am under a doctors care and take blood tests every year and according to that all is on track for those that are wondering.

Georgette_USA
08-15-2016, 03:47 PM
If they did, there would be little to no use for breast augmentation, FFS, electrolysis, and the like.
It is like this - HRT is just another way to get money out of people, kind of like every other prescription drug.

So you are saying there is NO use for taking HRT, or any prescription drugs. Do you prefer a holistic approach to all.

Yes some things, like facial/body hair, will be less if HRT taken very young. Most FFS has more to do with genetic influences on face. As for Breast growth, again another genetic crap shoot. Some FAB have small breasts, some have larger breasts. Not sure of the numbers but would assume more FAB have BA than MtF TS.

Never had FFS myself, don't know if most was even available other than nose/Adam apple, not much facial and little arm/leg/body hair. At 25-35 of HRT, Estrogen/Progesterone no Spiro back then, and SRS at 26, I was able to develop solid C/D cup size, and after 35 years and gravity they sag like other larger breasted FAB that I talk to. My mother and her sister were large breasted. My partner only developed A/B at best, at age 40+.

Donna Joanne
08-15-2016, 05:04 PM
I am 56 years old and have been on HRT for almost 6 years, but didn't experience ANY growth until I switched from oral to injectable EV. Then in 18 months I went from an A cup to a C cup. Haven't seen any substantial growth in quite a while, but I have been told that sometimes you can experience growth post op. So I am planning on waiting at least 6-9 months. I need about 350 cc implants to be proportionate.

PaulaQ
08-15-2016, 05:10 PM
Without knowing things like your dosages and estrogen levels, it's really hard to say what more you could get. Assuming everything was good hormonally, then it's possible you just don't have very good estrogen receptors, and that will limit what you can get. There are also genetic factors - if the other women in your family are flat, well, that's liable to be your fate as well. It also depends on whether or not you have much fat on your body to redistribute there.

I got better results than many - I got up to about a B/C cup on HRT. This makes sense - my mom is flat as a board. My sister has been DD (and relatively thin) since high school. So I landed somewhere between them. My ribcage is quite big, and B/C cup breasts still looked pretty small, so I ultimately opted for breast augmentation. I do know some women who develop really large breasts on HRT despite getting a late start. It really is just luck of the draw, I'm afraid. (Again, that assumes you aren't on too low a dose of estradiol / progesterone. Since we don't talk dosages here, we really can't be much help to you, on that.)

I'm really sorry this isn't going great for you - it's that way for a lot of us hon. *hugs*

LeaP
08-15-2016, 05:47 PM
I would continue taking hormones if I had no growth whatsoever. They were a game changer mentally and emotionally.

It is definitely luck of the draw as far as (physical) feminization goes. As it happens, I'm an exception. Started late, on smaller dosages for a long time, and had good results. But it still may not be enough. As with Paula, chest size has a large impact on how large or proportional you actually appear.

Tamera
08-15-2016, 07:35 PM
Thank You all again. Donna what are the advantages to your injectable EV as compared to the oral. This is the first I heard about this. I am so used to the oral. What is the regiment for injectable as compared to taking oral everyday. As for my size, I am 5 ft. 11 in. tall and 190. I wish I was the 150 like I had when I was 18. As for my chest size I can either wear a 34 or 36 band. 34 makes me look skinnier. I had no sisters and my mom was either a B or C. I have got softer skin, less body hair, and less muscle tone. Facial hair I am still seeing my electrolysis when I can afford it for maintenance only. Most of the facial hair is gone. I was real happy when my reseeding hairline came back and filled in. Of course my mom had a high forehead and of course so do I. Bangs help a lot and so does perms.

JohnH
08-15-2016, 11:11 PM
Breast growth on HRT can depend on genetics. My paternal grandmother had enormous breasts, and my father had developed breasts. So now my bra size is 40 DD. It's like men having tenor, baritone, or bass voices. Incidentally I'm a basso profundo.

I take my estradiol (estrogen) by injection.

Donna Joanne
08-16-2016, 05:31 AM
Donna what are the advantages to your injectable EV as compared to the oral. This is the first I heard about this. I am so used to the oral. What is the regiment for injectable as compared to taking oral everyday.

The main advantage is that injectable EV isn't filtered out by the liver the way oral is. Injections are more like the natural way cis females have estrogen in their system. It is also easier, as most take a single injection once every 7 or 14 days, depending upon your doctor's preference.

Tamera
08-17-2016, 01:29 PM
Thank You Everyone for your comments. There is much information here that needs to be searched and talked about with my doctor.

I hope everyone's journey is positive.

jentay1367
08-17-2016, 05:28 PM
If say.... early on in an HRT regimen, would there be any early indications as to whether or not you could expect good results? For instance....if you're a couple of months into the standard program., might there be some tell tale indications that you may or may not receive good or bad results in the future?

Tommie.
08-17-2016, 09:37 PM
I have heard the patch is an effective way for the HRT.... any commentary?

Rianna Humble
08-18-2016, 04:06 AM
If say.... early on in an HRT regimen, would there be any early indications as to whether or not you could expect good results? For instance....if you're a couple of months into the standard program., might there be some tell tale indications that you may or may not receive good or bad results in the future?

Unfortunately, from my own experience and what others have written here, the only thing I believe that your progress early on in the HRT regime is likely to tell you reliably is how much progress you have made so far. Some people don't see much for a number of months then seem to put on a spurt, some people semm to see early signs then thos signs slow down, others have other experiences.

There have been quite a few discussions about the best method of taking the hormones therapy in these forums. Some people swear by patches, others swear at them :heehee: yet others will tell you that the only best way is by injection. As far as I can tell, the best method is the one that suits you.

karla2016
08-18-2016, 01:13 PM
I'm 57 and being in E for several years. I developed a modest 42B cup which I had to fill it up with silicone. I had my BA a month ago and now I have a solid 44B. No more silicone...ah or better now the silicone is inside my body. Yes I paid 5500 after visiting several doctors and I am very satisfied with the results.
Karla

LeaP
08-18-2016, 09:06 PM
Karla - you get the award for the smallest implants I've heard of to-date. The cup volume difference between a 42B and a 44B is minuscule (150cc). And if you went from a 42 to a 44 band, you must have gained some weight besides.

Rianna - agree.

Eryn
08-18-2016, 10:19 PM
I'm 58 and have been on HRT (spiro and estradiol patches) for 16 months. My bust has grown from 38.25 to 40.6 and from the data I've been collecting weekly it looks like I'll level off at 41. This is with a rib cafe measurement of ~37. This isn't the whole story, because my chest and rib cage measurements also changed as muscle mass went away and was replaced.

The net result is that I went from flat to having small natural breasts that look feminine in an XL unpadded Jockey sports bra. The bad news is that, with a 38 band size, there are no standard-sized bras for me. I get lost in a 38B and there is no such thing as a 38A.

I don't want to be huge, but I'd love to fill a "normal" bra and have some décolletage to show. I'm not sure that one cup size is worth $6K to me. Something to ponder as my growth finishes up.

Donnagirl
08-18-2016, 11:02 PM
From what I've seen and spoken to my girlfriends about, breast growth for us is as random as it is for GG. A lottery of genetics and metabolism. What I have found is the my breasts are the first place I seem to lose weight from. I have worked on stabilizing my weight at about 168...
After 18 months on HRT, I'm happy.

Melissa Rose
08-18-2016, 11:27 PM
As previously mentioned, patches work well for some and less so for others. I have experienced great results with estradiol patches. Once I figured out the best place and method to apply them, I have not experienced the problems some have reported. Patches are often prescribed for those 40 or over due to lower risk of blood clots compared to oral, but it is still up to the prescribing physician. As for most things, what works best varies by individual and you have to find the method that works best for you.

Eryn
08-19-2016, 12:12 AM
Patches work for me, allowing me to maintain an E of around 150.

The downside is that I have to wear 3 at a time. Not fun, but I live with it.

One tip: twice-weekly patches are superior to once-weekly patches. The once-weekly patches are larger and are hard to keep in place for a full week.

Rianna Humble
08-19-2016, 02:40 AM
lower risk of blood clots

I misread that and thought at first you were talking about me :eek: then I noticed there was no y :heehee:

MonicaJean
08-22-2016, 10:25 AM
Injections offer the best feminization overall. My friend who was on patches for 18 months had very little breast growth even with genetics on her side. She switched to injectable E and her results took off! We often talk about how much larger her breasts have become in the last almost-year.

Why are you still taking Spiro? I told my doc I want off Spiro, he obliged and I've never needed it afterwards as the injectable E was keeping my T under 20 every time we tested thereafter.

Good luck.

MissDanielle
08-22-2016, 11:16 PM
I'm at a 34B/36A as of when I went to VS tonight.

Rianna Humble
08-23-2016, 04:55 AM
Please remember that we are not qualified medical practitioners who have had the benefit of a face to face consultation with the original poster. In consequence please refrain from offering a diagnosis or from telling people what medication they should be prescribed.

You can of course give your personal experience, but that does not guarantee that what happened to you will be the same for the original poster.

Rianna Humble