PDA

View Full Version : A few words can make a big diffrence

carhill2mn
08-15-2016, 03:33 PM
Last week, while I was getting my nails done, another woman who works in the salon came and started chatting in Vietnamese to the woman who was doing my nails. Soon I realized that she was speaking English to me. She was complimenting me on how nice I looked and that I always looked nice when I came there.

Later I was at an Ace Hardware and had just asked the cashier where to find something. As I was walking to that area a male mgr. asked if he could help me. I said that the young woman already had. He then proceeded to compliment me on how I looked!

I was dressed in what I call "nice casual". I had on a black blouse with white polka dots, white capris and tennies, black/white earrings, silver and black jewelry and one of my lighter gray wigs. Those few complimentary words really made me feel good!

Alice_2014_B
08-15-2016, 03:46 PM
Compliments do mean a lot.
I get all gitty inside when I'm complimented out in public!
:)

Rachael Leigh
08-15-2016, 04:16 PM
Yes being complemented while out dressed can feel great. Sometimes though I just wonder if their just being nice or its sincere.
Still nice to here though. I think too for those of us who are married we must always remember to complement our wives it's a really big deal for them

Allisa
08-15-2016, 06:02 PM
Just makes you feel good all over and reaffirms we are just a normal part of the human race. You always look good in your pics that you post.

daviolin
08-15-2016, 06:34 PM
What a lovely story, Carole. That story made my day as well. Daviolin

BLUE ORCHID
08-15-2016, 08:34 PM
Hi Carole:hugs:, That can be a real Ego Boaster,
I'm sure that you earned the compliments as you always look so natural and feminine...:daydreaming:...

JaimeCD
08-15-2016, 09:07 PM
During my makeover today, at least for other artists came over and were so complimentary and what they said was you look so pretty not you look great or anything like that. I wasn't wearing a wig so for them to say pretty really just sent me to the moon.

Sarah Louise
08-16-2016, 12:38 AM
When I had a makeover at a salon, the owner popped her head in and said I looked really nice. It's funny, I'm not that bothered if I get compliments in male mode, but in girl mode I was thrilled!

Michelle 51
08-16-2016, 07:01 AM
It does feel good when someone gives you a compliment.I cried once when a women at a coffee shop went out of her way to come over and say how nice I looked but also have had negative remarks which sent me back to the closet for weeks.So much power in a couple of words.

Krisi
08-16-2016, 07:24 AM
Compliments make a person feel nice if they seem sincere. We should remember this and give compliments where appropriate.

Sarasometimes
08-16-2016, 07:42 AM
This is something I learned from crossdressing is that women compliment and share simple pleasantries much more often than most men. I now am much better at sharing compliments (tastefully to the opposite sex) with others and exchanging brief pleasantries. These are win win opportunities for all parties. I also encourage random acts of kindness. When given the chance to help a stranger in even the slightest way, I see how good they feel and I get a similar feeling.
Very nice to hear that a gent complimented you as well!

BettyMorgan
08-16-2016, 09:42 AM
Yes being complemented while out dressed can feel great. Sometimes though I just wonder if their just being nice or its sincere.
Still nice to here though. I think too for those of us who are married we must always remember to complement our wives it's a really big deal for them

I've wondered why a stranger would make the effort to approach me to compliment me on my somewhat ordinary shoes (she can't be sincere, can she?). I look pretty good but if you are within 10 feet, my presentation isn't fooling anyone. What I feel is happening is that the person giving the compliment (and who knows I'm a guy out in public trying my darnedest to blend and look pretty) is saying "I ACCEPT YOU" in the best way they know how. Despite thinking that my makeup job makes me Look like a raccoon, that person who I have never met says, "you look very pretty", I can only think they want me to know they appreciate "me being me".

I think we need to compliment our wives, and anyone else we think deserves one. A compliment is a gift and it's wasted if we don't give it away.

CONSUELO
08-16-2016, 10:32 AM
I often compliment women on their choice of clothing and accessories. Chatting with my neighbor the other day I complimented her on her lovely top over white 3/4 pants. The outfit made her look really good. Once, at work I complimented a colleague on her choice of earnings. Another female colleague came to me afterward and remarked that my compliment was very nice but unusual for a male.

Dana44
08-16-2016, 10:44 AM
Carole, it is always nice to get a compliment. I always give one to my SO and she does give me nice complements. When we are out it is really nice to get one from a stranger.

Alice Torn
08-16-2016, 11:08 AM
I have given countless compliments to women . I can't say that i have ever been complimented when out as Alice .If i was out and about more, a lot more, it might happen. When i was dating decades ago, i always complimented on my date, or dance partners outfits. Been single all my life, never shacked up. I still compliment ladies a lot.

bridget thronton
08-16-2016, 11:59 AM
Sharing kind words with others is always good

Nikkilovesdresses
08-17-2016, 08:26 AM
I'm happy for you Carole.

Conversely, people who can't take a compliment, who perhaps turn it into some kind of sexist thing...wow that's an unfortunate trait, and I've experienced it a few times. It made me cautious, so sometimes when I think the person might be a little prickly I say, 'How are you on receiving compliments?' Their curiosity always gets the better of them and the compliment has been received well- that approach totally disarms them.

BillieAnneJean
08-17-2016, 08:59 AM
I take compliments as another person's willingness to accept my ruse.

Blending in and going unnoticed is similar.

SUCH FUN!

Amari
08-17-2016, 06:33 PM
I also compliment women (including my wife) on their attire. Most are happy with it. One I remember in particular, a woman I had been friendly with for several years, just gave me a withering death stare.