PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Purge

lingerieLiz
08-27-2016, 10:33 PM
Last week a gg friend of ours came for lunch. She has lost weight and gone for a boob job to celebrate her divorce since he found a young thing. She wanted to show us her new look and endowments. I had on a top she liked. I'm out and we shop women's together. She asked if I would like some of her things she was clearing out. We were the same size.

Yesterday we went over to her home to pick up her offer. I figured a few tops etc. When we arrived, she showed us some of her new clothes. Then she went over to another closet, opened the door and said, this all has to go. It was a closet of excess. I knew that she was shopping to stick it to her husband until they reached a settlement. I lucked out since she didn't go on her diet until then. My wife and she went to have some wine while I cleared everything out. I'm glad she lives in a one story and only 10 minutes away! Some of it was bagged like sweaters etc. Two large bags were full of bras and one had a few slips and lots of camisoles. Finally got it all cleaned out. Had some wine with she and my wife and came home.

Most of the time she always wore about the same as what I do casual fem clothes, jeans, shorts, tops and tees or shirts/blouses. I didn't realize how many dresses she had. I only had a few anymore until now. Lots of expensive tops. Looked like she bought Soma out, some still have tags. Most look brand new. The rest are all top of the line.

I know another lady that did about the same thing when her husband was caught out. They made up, but it did cost him a lot. Don't know how much our friend got, but it was BIG.

Sarah Louise
08-28-2016, 12:45 AM
Wow, you must have been in pink heaven!

Teresa
08-28-2016, 01:00 AM
Liz,
That's benefit for being open and honest, you get offered chances like this, i bet you're going to enjoy putting outfits together.

I know some didn't agree but my counsellor did the same thing for me, when she urged me to get out and about I mentioned I didn't have much to wear, she compared our sizes and guessed we were the same. A few weeks later some really nice dresses, skirts and tops arrived, I thanked her and when I wore them I sent her pictures, she then sent a second parcel with a mixture of things and a lovely note saying it saved her the job of taking them to the charity shop besides she knew they had gone to a good home.

Cassiek
08-28-2016, 01:14 AM
I can only dream of being as lucky one day. I thought hitting the lottery would be fulfilling but a closet full of clothes intimates and a wife to share with now that's a dream come true

Maria 60
08-28-2016, 06:50 AM
Wow that amazing, one persons lost is one persons gain. You must have been like a kid in a candy store.

BLUE ORCHID
08-28-2016, 07:44 AM
Hi Liz:hugs:, I have heard of Christmas in July buy never Christmas in August.

That is the kind of thing that most of us can only dream about.

I agree with Teresa, Open & Honest...:daydreaming:...

Karen RHT
08-28-2016, 08:34 AM
Being open has it's risks, and it's rewards. Congrats Liz, enjoy.

Karen

Rhonda Darling
08-28-2016, 08:51 AM
So Liz, are we going to see you model any of your new bounty in the photo section?

By the way, you know you should have run out and bought a lottery ticket that day. Youve got the luck of the Irish.

Enviously yours,
Rhonda

DIANEF
08-28-2016, 09:07 AM
So envious! I've got many female friends and aquaintances whos wardrobes I'd love to raid.

ChristinaK
08-28-2016, 10:26 AM
Wow! The only thing better would be to win the lottery! You lucky girl! I could only imagine how much fun that would be, checking out the clothes, sorting, matching, hanging them up proudly. Standing there deciding what to wear next.

I'm very happy for you Liz.. Does she have a friend in her situation? ;-)

mikayla1964
08-28-2016, 11:01 AM
Darn it to heck. Liz I'm so jealous...lol no not really I'm glad for you .Enjoy each garment for they all have a special moment attached to them .

lingerieLiz
08-28-2016, 12:28 PM
Sometimes things get to be overwhelming. Not in a bad way, but the logistics of storage My wife asked me where I'm going to put everything. She has utilized most of the closet spaces. I'll post about excess of clothes maybe tonight. Seems to run in our family and friends.

Linda Leigh
08-28-2016, 03:35 PM
I am sure you will find room for it all and we all are jealous :) j/k

rachel_rachel
08-29-2016, 04:05 AM
It's great isn't it? I've had a good friend of mine do the same.

Krisi
08-29-2016, 07:12 AM
If her stuff fits you, that's great. I suspect as you go through it you will find things that don't fit or just don't look right on you. Consider donating them to a charity that gives them to people to wear, not resells them or sells them for scrap. There are folks out there who need clothing so they can get or keep jobs and be self supporting.

I have had times similar to yours when my wife has given me stuff she no longer wants but it has evolved to where we can wear each other's clothes without asking.

Beverley Sims
08-29-2016, 01:50 PM
I have had a few wardrobes gifted to me over the years, mainly from girls who gained weight.

I have had to put a lot of it in storage and bring it out as the seasons change.

Oh! Fashions change as well over the years. I am wearing some genuine 60s pedal pushers now.

lingerieLiz
08-29-2016, 08:18 PM
Kris, you are right on. Our family and several of the gg shopping group donate clothes to two different groups. One is a local organization that works with the police to provide immediate shelter for battered women. They provide clothes, necessities and care for women along with safe accommodations. The other is to provide suitable working attire for women going back into the workforce.

There are similar organizations throughout the country. Bye the way Soma has a deal every year if you have a bra that is in good condition they will give you a discount on a new one if you bring it in. They donate them to clothes for disaster relief.