PDA

View Full Version : Right/left

Josie
08-29-2016, 11:14 AM
I've noticed lately that my right hand and foot seem to be larger than my left. I'm wearing 5" heels as I type this and the left heel fits like Cinderella's glass slipper but the right fits like her wicked stepsister's. I can get bangle bracelets on my left wrist but not my right. I've no idea if that applies to my brain as I can't remember all that left right brain mumbo jumbo. Anyone else experience this?

docrobbysherry
08-29-2016, 12:50 PM
Of course, Josie. I believe it's actually rare when folks have the same size feet.

When trying on shoes I only try on the rite one. Because if it fits, the left one will for sure!

Alice Torn
08-29-2016, 12:53 PM
Same here as far as feet go. My right foot gets sore long before my comfortable left, in heels, or guy shoes, for that matter. I broke my right big toe, in 1996, and it has been bigger than my left big toe. Quite painful in heels after an hour or so. Very painful longer than that. Left foot fine for hours.

Lorileah
08-29-2016, 01:01 PM
Body asymmetry is normal, usually larger on your dominant side. Having symmetric body would be unusual.

gina shiney
08-30-2016, 02:54 PM
Josie, in the early 70's while in the boy Scouts I can remember most of us had ex-army hobnail leather boots and to get the best fit we used to soak them in water and then "walk till dry" this method worked well for the sizing difference between the left & right. Later in life I used the same method for most of my leather boots R.M.s (a local western type)rock crushers (motor cycle) and off the shelf dress shoes. (Leather)
As for my hands they are of identical size, maybe because I use either when doing tasks and favor neither (helpful in mechanical trades)
My wedding ring fits left & right, though as I have worn it on left hand for 20+ years there is a visible indentation. I haven't graduated to heels as yet so my knowledge of their comfort and how to adjust them is currently zero. I wouldn't try the walk till dry method on synthetic materials though. Gina

Kiersten
08-30-2016, 03:08 PM
I can get bangle bracelets on my left wrist but not my right.

It's the same for me, Have a much easier time with the left.

Elizabeth G
08-30-2016, 03:21 PM
I'm not sure about hands, but my right foot is definitely larger than my left.

Laurana
08-30-2016, 03:27 PM
I once measured both my legs and my right one is 1 inch bigger around than my left. That could be attributed to when I was 17 and broke both my leg leg at the shin and my right ankle. I don't know. But I know shoes are tighter on the right than the left.

Ariadne
08-30-2016, 03:43 PM
As many have commented, it is the norm for one foot/hand to be larger than the other. That is one reason the sales personnel at (self-service) shoe stores in the factory outlet malls are supposed to check the sizes of both shoes when a customer is checking out. Just to make sure someone hasn't switched a shoe of one size for another.

Teresa
08-31-2016, 07:33 PM
Josie,
I saw a shoe fitting guide in a mail order catalogue so I checked my feet and found my right foot is an E fit and my left foot is an EE fit, a SA in a shoe shop once told me if you're right handed you left foot is usually bigger. I see Lorileah suggests the opposite, I was always the odd one out !

Women's shoe sizing is all over the place anyway, some of mine are wide fit and some normal but it's not always the wide fit that are more comfortable.

Tracii G
08-31-2016, 10:51 PM
We all have noticed and yes its normal.

DIANEF
09-01-2016, 04:18 AM
My feet and hands are both the same size, I must be a freak!

kymberly
09-01-2016, 06:33 AM
it is normal for your feet to be different sizes

reb.femme
09-01-2016, 11:46 AM
My left foot is larger than my right, so does that make me the only person with two feet measuring 24 ⅛ inches?
Look, it's the best I could do at short notice, I'm afraid.

On another note, I once knew a Scotsman who had to have a foot off, so he could wear a kilt. :)

Becky

Cheryl T
09-12-2016, 01:43 PM
Most people have one foot that is larger than the other.
As for your wrist the question is are your right handed?? If you are then bingo there is your answer. You do so much more with that hand/arm than the left it's of course going to be a bit larger.
As for the feet, that's just genetics I guess, but you're not alone. My left foot is larger than my right and being right handed my right wrist is the larger of the two and I have the same problem with bracelets.

Alice_2014_B
09-12-2016, 01:46 PM
I have heard of this before.
My fingers are about like that, from my right hand and left hand.
:)

Micki_Finn
09-12-2016, 03:14 PM
Same problem with my feet. My wife mentioned a shoe place somewhere where they actually sell the shoes individually instead of "paired" so if you need a 9 for your right and a 9 1/2 for your left you can buy them like that... Don't remember where she said it was... I'll have to ask her.

Lana Mae
09-12-2016, 04:36 PM
My feet tend to swell and my left is the larger!! My hands are much the same size!! My wife's shoe sizes were 1 and 3!! That was a difficult problem as she had to wear children's shoes!! She did have one place where she could buy the right sizes because someone else had the exact opposite size!! Hugs Lana Mae

Jodi
09-12-2016, 04:40 PM
My left foot is slightly larger than my right foot. I buy my heels to fit the left foot. I then pad out the right one to fit. Have done this for years.

Men, generally don't notice this as men's shoes fit loosely.

jodi