PDA

View Full Version : I went to McD's drive-thru (out of town of course)

jessbcuzz
02-26-2006, 12:00 AM
Well, I got a little daring this evening. I decided to go for a drive. I have done this before, but never stopped or anything. The thought to go for a drive and go through a drive-thru has been in my head all week. I was originally going to do it in my town, but I chickened out, like usual. So, the next closest place to go is about 20 miles away, one way that is. All I bought was a diet soda, but just the feeling of "interacting" with two complete strangers was scary, but kind of a milestone in trying to leave the confines of my home while dressed. The first window was a teenage boy. He took my money and gave me change. I don't know if he figured me out or not. I tried to sit up as tall as possible to hide my face. I did the same thing at the next window. The reenage girl at that window seemed nice. I even whisppered "thank-you" when she handed me my drink. I took the long way back to town, as I was stopped by a train. It was kind of nice to prolong my drive. It's cold here (19). It was a unique feeling getting to and from the car in a dress with the cold air. There were some people out across the street when I left and came back. I wonder if they heard my heels striking the sidewalk as I walked up to my deck. I wonder if I will acutally be able to get the nerves to walk into a store. If so, thank goodness Wal-Mart is open 24 hours. From my pictures of tonights journey, I think there is alot of work that needs done before I can do a Wal-Mart trip. Maybe I may just say to heck with it and go out on a whim. Anyhow, just thought I'd share my adventure. Now if only Taco Bell was open 24 hours! Oh, I did some work on my eyebrows before I left. I didn't have anything to go by. Are they acceptable or do they still need work?

trannie T
02-26-2006, 03:56 AM
I was on vacation back in my home town. I went out dressed to a couple of clubs and had a good time. On my way back to the motel I stopped at a drive in for a soda. It was one with two windows, I paid at the first and when I got to the second window there was a crowd, all the workers were there to check me out. They all seemed to enjoy seeing a man in women's clothing. I enjoyed it too so I drove to the next drive thru for some ice cream. The girl at the single window did give me a big smile and a wink as I left. I jad fun and the kids in the drive thrus enjoyed it too.

Phoebe Reece
02-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Good for you Mileena for getting the courage to get out. Little trips like that will build your courage for going in Walmart or anywhere else.

Since you asked.... Your eyebrows just need to be extended. They are a bit short. I recommend use of brown powder type with a thin brush to "paint" a line. Also, you need to work on your beard cover a bit. Highlighter worked into your beard area before foundation application is one method. There are many other ways. Practice will help you find what's right. Or, go to a MAC, Ulta, or Merle Norman store for a makeover to get some expert advice (and be able to purchase the right products).

Amanda Harriman
02-26-2006, 09:34 PM
The first time is the hardest but also the most exciting. Thanks for sharing.

A suggestion for when you get a little braver: hand them a camera and ask them to take a picture.

Billijo49504
02-27-2006, 01:30 AM
Well that's a start, now don't stop. The new picture in the avatar was taken Saturday morning, just after I got home from getting breakfast at Micky D's.
I agree, you got to cover the beard. Besides, you got a shiney. nose;) I had told the wife, if she took some pictures, I'd set up the new printer. For an idea, try going to a Stop and Rob or 7-11, to get a soda or candy bar. Then if you time it right, it's just you and the clerk. But it will be out in public. Good luck and have fun...BJ