PDA

View Full Version : My face selfi and othe babbling

brit_cd
09-02-2016, 10:58 AM
Just decided to change my avatar to a pic of my face. Its not the best pic but it was the best I could do with no makeup or any gurly things for my hair.
I hope others can do the same. It is not easy to share stuff like this. I know we all struggle with our dressing. I used to get ashamed of myself but in the last few years have come to realize its part of me.
Nobody knows but moments like this keep me chugging along.

misschris
09-02-2016, 11:11 AM
Thanks for sharing, Brit. It is hard to expose who we really are.

Tracii G
09-02-2016, 11:24 AM
You will be ok don't worry about it.
We don't mind you sharing with us Brit.

brit_cd
09-02-2016, 12:24 PM
thank gurls. I am brit_cd on yahoo if anybody ever wants to chat there too.

misschris
09-02-2016, 12:55 PM
I'd love to chat with you.

Teresa
09-02-2016, 01:45 PM
Brit,
I haven't forgotten the moment I clicked on posting my avatar, I thought OH ...... ! what have I done ? That was three years ago , up to now I've never regretted it , it may come back and bite me, lets face it the World now knows what I look like dressed when the people down the street don't know at the moment !

At least it's good to talk to you in person , I still wish more members would take the chance but I do understand the reasons why they don't .

Elizabeth G
09-02-2016, 01:52 PM
Mine will be coming in a few weeks I promise - I'm just waiting for an upcoming opportunity that I have planned.

phili
09-03-2016, 09:18 AM
Don't worry- just keep reading and posting!
The act of conversing in a trust-based environment like this is super helpful- you write and think and feel and grow a little more comfortable and self-knowing and write and ...

I think the call of crossdressing is that it is our only obvious path out of the closet and towards emotional wholeness, and weird as it is and out of place in current society, we are desperate and take the path anyway, and try to find an equilibrium on it somehow.

I found if we shift our focus to emotional wholeness it makes it possible for much smaller girly things to be enough.

sometimes_miss
09-03-2016, 07:00 PM
Nobody knows but moments like this keep me chugging along.
You do realize that this particular forum is open to the public for browsing, right? It's not just members reading these threads. Avatars are out to the world.

brit_cd
09-08-2016, 07:18 PM
I got scared and blurred my pic out a bit.
Does it make it hard to see my face too good? I figured I could still have the pic but keep my identity hidden a bit.