PDA

View Full Version : Forgot how good it looks

somestimeskaren
09-02-2016, 08:04 PM
I just felt like dressing this evening ,I usually do the makeup and either wear false nails or polish, but tonight I didn't have the energy.I did everything else though , bra, panties ,wig ,forms.When I was looking for a dress to wear I saw an old garment bag I hadn't looked into in a long time. It was the first dress I bought when I really got into letting Karen out and It still looks good on me.I 'm still the same size I was years ago.I put my black strappy heels on and felt great.I'll have to bring this dress out more often.Tomorrow night I'm going to dress all out because I plan to go for a drive and hit the drive thru and maybe a late night walk.It's true what I've heard on this forum,It does get easier the more you go out and no one really cares.Thanks for being there.

julia marie
09-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Absolutely right. It does get easier going out each time. More important, it gets easier to take the step from behind closed curtains to out in public. Revisiting that first dress? Sad memories for me. In the past two weeks I realized that my first two favorite skirts, one dressy and one casual, were damaged and weren't worth repair. Hated to do it, but they had to go out in the trash. Time to shop!

Alice Torn
09-03-2016, 03:37 AM
That is a great feeling, to find one of your first dresses or skirts, or tops! i can understand wanting to go out in it! Just be careful about which part of town you go walking in. In some cities, people do care about how you look, but for the wrong reasons. All dressed up, or even in drab, in those areas, one may not survive the night. Pick places carefully.