PDA

View Full Version : What about the kids?

Lana Mae
09-04-2016, 07:47 PM
I have only been out dressed once and went for a drive! I went while the kids were in school. I have been thinking about this and the post about the neighbors and what you do in your own yard etc. My question is my neighbors have five boys what about them?? Should i be considerate of this fact?? What do you think??

Sheila11
09-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Not sure what you are asking. Is the question about the boys as to whether you need to take them along or what?

2B Natasha
09-04-2016, 11:32 PM
You probably need to be consideret to and about them in so much as they can talk to yours. If your kids know then it's no big. But if they don't and you don't want them to. Then yes. Be mindful.

Your yard. Your rules. Their eyes. Their tongues.

ellbee
09-05-2016, 12:25 AM
My question is my neighbors have five boys what about them??

$10 says *at least* one of them has worn an article of female clothing at least once. :laughing:

Ah, one Halloween I stayed home & passed out candy to the trick-or-treaters.

I was dressed as a witch in a long black velvet & satin ballgown. :D

Didn't get very many kids, but the highlight of the night was when 3 boys showed up. When I answered the door, the eyes of one of them lit up, and he exclaimed, "Oooh, my mother is a witch tonight, too!"

I smiled and gave 'em all some extra candy for that one. :thumbsup:

Teresa
09-05-2016, 12:53 AM
Lana,
Knowing boys they will be into most things and have probably been looking over fences and even into your garden to retrieve the ball or something. I was always having the door bell ring for the neighbour's boys to retrieve the ball. You know if they see you they will say something to others and there's nothing you can do about it. If you are concerned and the parents know about you maybe have a word and see if they would be offended by their boys seeing you otherwise you will have to pick your times, which will be frustrating but maybe you won't have a choice.

Rachelakld
09-05-2016, 02:09 AM
Depends on their maturity and upbringing.
If they are the type to be the school bullies, it would make an excuse for them to bully your children.
For me, I don't think boys are empathetic to anyone or anything

ReineD
09-05-2016, 02:30 AM
Are you on good terms with your neighbor? It seems as if you are since you care about their kids?

If you can, I'd open up to your neighbor and explain that you enjoy expressing your femininity and sometimes would like to sit in your backyard dressed, and do they think this would traumatize the kids (if this is your concern).

Keep in mind that kids talk, and if you don't want your own kids to know then I wouldn't dress in places where the neighbor's kids might see you. If you dress in front of your kids, then this is not an issue.

Another consideration is how the boys next door might react to the CDing. Even if their parents explain it well to them and even if your kids already know, there is a possibility they would tease your kids about it in school in front of everyone else. Kids can and do tease those who do not fit in, or who have non-conforming families.

LaurenS
09-05-2016, 07:03 AM
For me, I don't think boys are empathetic to anyone or anything

For me, I know that I was empathetic as a boy. I think the odds are if its one boy, better than 50% empathetic; 2 or more, forget about it.

Ouch. I don't want to believe it, but I feel it's true.

CarlaWestin
09-05-2016, 07:21 AM
When I'm dressed, I steer clear of any children. They would tend to ask stupid questions
that only their parents would think are cute.

SarahleeNH
09-05-2016, 07:24 AM
If you are taking the risk to be seen by the kids, then it is at least as likely that you will be seen by a parent. You have every right, of course to dress as you want. But it seems to me that you might consider talking to the neighbor about it first. They know their children and giving them a chance to discuss it themselves and with you before one of their children could surprise them with the discovery would be the best course of action. Not an easy choice, but the most prudent IMHO.

BecomingMichelle
09-05-2016, 07:31 AM
This question is as much about neighbors as kids. Myself, I know my wife doesn't want them to know so I must respect that even if it is a pain to have to leave the house half dressed and finish off site. I've learned other girls do that , as well. One neighbor is transgender but another is crazy banana pants and the gossip is crazy. Though I am a risk taker - aren't many of us? - caution is the rule.

Krisi
09-05-2016, 07:55 AM
If you want or need to remain in the closet, letting your neighbor's children see you dressed is the last thing you should be doing. It's 100% certain they will spread it around the neighborhood and tell your children as well.

Allisa
09-05-2016, 09:24 AM
I have several young children who live off to one side in back and they have a play platform in the corner of their yard that allows them to see over the fence so they see me often out in my back yard, I don't go out of my way to engage them but they do wave or say hello(no MR or Ms, lady or sir) I have yet to hear from the parents who have to know by now. Now if I can remember that far back as a young boy my mind was preoccupied by more important things than what an adult was wearing, attention span was short. I guess it all depends on if your children know, what you do in your own yard is your business, how comfortable are you being "out"? Being considerate of others is a good thing but not a reason to deny yourself.

gina shiney
09-05-2016, 11:57 AM
Has the world changed that much? Will it have changed by the time that your family (children) starts to seek employment.? How acceptable is your lifestyle to your neighbors, area, and school? Before discussing the topic with your neighbors I would at least consider all the possible ramifications of this bold step. If possible lead into the topic in a non confrontational manner. That said you (should) know them, well I hope. Your partner, parents, partners parents and children know? Kids can be cruel and don't think that it's just the now, you remember the odd (at the time)people from your youth, Rash at the time decisions could be too big. If currently in the fog forget it, slow down and take a BIG breath. If all goes pear shaped are/can you move? Yes I could be making a mountain out of a molehill and it was their children that you were referring to.
If that be the case and it's only yourself the decision is easy as it directly affects only YOU. As for the neighbors if you decide maybe some education on your country's bill of rights and subsequent supporting laws are in order equality etc. YES YOUR BACKYARD and all that and what you do is private but only if you have the privacy that goes with it.
Gina

Oops ms may I just read your profile so forget the first bit but will leave for others to consider
Gina

Oops just read your profile

NicoleScott
09-05-2016, 12:40 PM
The thread title reminds me of a song in The Who's rock opera Tommy - "What About the Boy" (who saw something he wasn't supposed to see).

You didn't hear it, you didn't see it
You never heard it, not a word of it
You won't say nothin' to nobody
Never tell a soul what you know is the truth.

docrobbysherry
09-05-2016, 01:50 PM
I have to agree entirely with Krisi. Why do u need to dress in your yard?:straightface:

Unless you're ready to come out? Dress inside, in private!:battingeyelashes:

sometimes_miss
09-05-2016, 02:09 PM
If you want or need to remain in the closet, letting your neighbor's children see you dressed is the last thing you should be doing. It's 100% certain they will spread it around the neighborhood and tell your children as well.
^this. Just like adults, kids enjoy juicy gossip. Seeing a man dressed up as a woman is news. And news will spread, whether you wish it weren't true or not. Sure, some kids are becoming more tolerent of gender issues; but all 5? Probably not. They'll tell each other, then they tell two friends, and then they'll tell two friends. Etc.. There's no such thing as being just 'a little out'.

Alice_2014_B
09-05-2016, 03:38 PM
I agree that what you do on your own property is one's own business and none of the neighbor's concern.
However, it's normal for people to become more concerned about what their children see.
:)

Tracii G
09-05-2016, 04:44 PM
If you have to ask the question then no don't dress in your yard.
If you don't care what they think then dress in your yard.
I am amazed at some of the questions you guys ask don't you have the common sense to do the right thing?
I do Tai Chi in femme work out clothes on my deck every morning and my new neighbor to my left has seen me maybe a total of 10 times,not once has she asked what I was doing.

Lana Mae
09-05-2016, 05:01 PM
Thanks every one for your comments, etc. To clarify, no kids at home!!
Sheila-sounds like a good idea! LOL
Teresa-No fence, no garden!!Yes, ball retrieval. Not out to parents. Guess will have to pick times!!!
SarahleeNH-sounds wise
Nicolle Scott-Who fan! Yeah, right!!
Sherry-very funny, not dressing in the yard just dressed in the yard
Tracii-how about the neighbors' kids??
Hugs Lana Mae

Tracii G
09-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Line 2 in my previous post referred to the neighbors kids.