PDA

View Full Version : I did a BIG baby step yesterday

Jenny22
09-05-2016, 02:15 PM
You may remember that two weekends ago I posted about my first ever exposure to anyone when, femmed from the waist up, I went through a Del Taco drive thru, and how the window girl started to laugh as I drove away.

Well,thanks to all of your encouragements and a special thanks to a sister forum member. yesterday, Sunday, I took my next step out. I went to an empty office complex parking lot wearing a pretty white and floral summer dress, set up my phone and tripod and took some photos to share with my sister over our next coffee. Then, in my mobile closet, I changed into a bright red dress and white stockings. What to do now? I wanted some folks to see me, even at a distance. So, I went to the rear parking area of a large strip mall and took a video of me walking about. A few cars drove by. My pulse rate went up a bit, but I remained calm as I knew that I was presenting my femme self fairly well. I was excited !!

Each time I wore full makeup (sans foundation), thigh highs, wedge sandals, wig, jewelry and a beaming smile! I was sooooo happy! As my courage is growing, I hope that my next baby step will be even bigger, perhaps a short walk in FRONT of a strip mall. I've recently purchased skinny jeans and leggins. I will hope to wear one or the other with a tunic to help blend in.

Sorry for the long post, but this 81 year old 'girl' just had to tell you. No photos (yes, it did happen!), yet, but I will post some in the future, I promise.

suzanne
09-05-2016, 02:52 PM
Way to go! But don't think of any step you took as a baby step. Each one is great, and makes the way that much clearer for all of us, by showing the Muggles that we're more common and more normal than they thought.

A fairly easy next step for you is dress shopping. You will, I guarantee it, find nearly all sales ladies very helpful and accepting. Just like your previous outings, you will find that each trip exhilarates you and makes you want to expand your horizons. Just get out there and have more fun!

carrie001
09-05-2016, 02:55 PM
Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Leslie Mary S
09-05-2016, 03:11 PM
Way to go Jen. You are lucky. Where I live they are not as receptive to cross Dressers.
At my new location I have not been out of the house en femm. I wanted to go over to Atlanta this coming weekend but can't, obligations. And for the record in two weeks I will be a heavy 73.265836. Keep on working your way out of the closet Jen.

somestimeskaren
09-05-2016, 05:19 PM
You are my heroine, I want to be like you when I grow up ,you are doing the things I wish I had the courage to do.Way to go.

Lana Mae
09-05-2016, 06:49 PM
You go girl!! Daughter is to get me a digital camera and I have a tripod!! You have inspired me!! May try this here in HB2 country, got away with my little drive!! Thanks for sharing!!! Hugs Lana Mae

Teresa
09-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Jenny,
You're doing fine but finding a group would be a great help, you can do all that without the pushing the pulse rate and then sit enjoy a drink and chat away to your hearts content and still wear your favourite outfit .

Jamie Erikson
09-05-2016, 08:00 PM
Way to go! A next step can be with some ladies to help you out.

docrobbysherry
09-05-2016, 11:19 PM
Sorry, Jenny! U post a thread that talks about taking photos, u describe what u wore, and u post NO photos? Tsk tsk tsk! No excuses!
Seriously, glad to hear u got out!:thumbsup:

And, Teresa's correct. If you'd driven to Long Beach Sat. nite u would have been quite welcome at Hamburger Mary's once a month T girl nite! 500 T's and friends usually show.:battingeyelashes:

And/or dinner with our local T girl group before hand. Usually about 20 show for that.:drink:

My blood pressure never goes up when I'm with these T's. No matter how I'm dressed and masked or au natural. Until I get on the dance floor, that is!:D

OCCarly
09-06-2016, 12:00 AM
Drive up windows are a crap shoot. But the funny thing I have found, the more effort you put into your appearance, the more likely people are to be appreciative or nice to you. The one time I got a snicker at a drive up window was maybe a month after I started hormones, and I was in andro mode and not even trying -- skinny jeans, oversize men's T shirt, no makeup, and women's sunglasses. No wig, but my hair was several inches past my last male haircut. And some jerk inside looked and let out a snicker when the girl handed me my food.

By contrast, I drove through a McD's after my first group therapy session. This was a week or two before I started hormones, and my hair was on the shaggy side of male, but I was in full dress -- light makeup on my face (mostly beard cover), women's glasses, a cute blouse over a padded bralette, skinny jeans, women's shoes, necklace and jewelry. The two teenage girls at the two windows were nothing but smiles and nice to me.

For me the lesson is, work hard on your appearance, especially the details. People will respond positively to it.

reinasblack
09-08-2016, 04:36 PM
Go get a Professional Makeover. Then look in the mirror and then take some photos with flattering lighting.
You'll love it.

Lauren Richards
09-11-2016, 11:58 AM
Jenny,
Glad to see you are stepping out with a bit more confidence. Small steps eventually amount to great distances, and great confidence. Keep on doing what makes you happy!

Lauren

BLUE ORCHID
09-11-2016, 03:25 PM
Hi Jenny:love:, You are out there now there is no turning back now...:daydreaming:...