PDA

View Full Version : Florida Law regarding crossdressing

Nora
05-01-2004, 06:56 AM
Question: What is the law in Florida regarding crossdressing. Is it illegal for a man to wear female clothing or appear to be a woman? :confused:

Rachel_740
05-01-2004, 07:35 AM
Hi Girls,

Can anyone answer the same question for the UK?

Rachel

Nina
05-01-2004, 08:05 AM
There is nothing illegal about a man going out dressed as a woman in the UK.
I would have thought it was OK in Florida as well.

ManInBra
07-31-2004, 11:11 PM
Hmmm, I Lived in Florida for a short 8 months, ( would NOT Do it again), Anyway,, you should ask yourself or officials what the law is about females out in public wearing Males clothing,

eleventhdr
07-31-2004, 11:46 PM
What can you say about a place that gets so hung up on hanging chads ha ha ha!.

Amelie
08-01-2004, 04:01 AM
It wouldn,t surprise me, sounds like something the southern states would do. Don't ask any Gov't officials they don't have a clue about laws or they would lie. Try contacting the ACLU they can probably find out. I don't see how they can have a law like this, how would they define a crossdresser, will someone in a kilt be arrested or only if the kilt was yellow with flowers. Is it when a man wears make-up then a few punks and goths can be arrested. Is when a man wears a wig then Donald Trump would be arrested( that hair style he has can't possibly his own hair) I can't see today a law like that holding up in court the ACLU would tear it appart. But stranger things have happened and I feel sorry for the poor girl who has to go through the court battle.

They laugh at me cause I'm different
I laugh at them cause they're all the same

Tristen Cox
08-01-2004, 04:11 AM
What can you say about a place that gets so hung up on hanging chads ha ha ha!.Suzy,
Ok, been a resident of S.Florida 22yrs. Not sure what chad means though?
As far as laws concerning crossdressing -never heard of any. This is a big city and seems to be a growing hot spot for TGs and gay men and women. I've come to find that there are many places and monthly events for alternative dressing. Everyone is so busy with their own lives and even the police have better things to do than stop someone because of their fashion preferrence.
They do have a law for inappropriate public exposure but just for CDing, I don't think so. Will look into this and get back to you. This is Sunday so everything is closed. Plan to have a live chat tomorrow and hopefully clear this up with a legal authority.

Chandra Marie
08-01-2004, 12:09 PM
As far as I can find on the internet (and also as a HUGE fan of cops, they have never arrested anybody for solely being dressed.) there is nothing against being dressed in any state as long as you are not doing so as a way to perpetrate a crime or fraud. Now that is not to say you will not get questioned or harassed a little but as far going to jail, I personally don't think so.

eleventhdr
08-01-2004, 03:26 PM
chads have to do with the 2000 eletion in which gore continued to press for over a month that the election was his and the confusion was because a lot of elder voters did not understand the voting methods down there and there was all this confusion over hanging chads from the ballots that they were somehow important to being counted in the ballot voting process which turned out to be totally rediculious in the end because they were just hanging pieces of papaer left over hanging on all of the balots and had no real meaning in the end. Oh well!?.

Stefani
08-01-2004, 04:41 PM
"Perpetuating fraud" is a key term Chandra Marie used...and this means DON"T USE THE LADIES ROOM unless you can pass without a doubt! Because crossing that threshold is in fact breaking the law. I recall reading it somewhere, could be Miss Vera's book or one of my issues of Transformation magazine...

Tristen Cox
08-01-2004, 04:42 PM
Thank you again Suzy. Wasn't thinking hard enough I guess. Anyhow couldn't find any laws against CDing here and just wanted to confirm this with an offical before I said yes or no. Then again we might still have an archaic law or two as Erica mentioned. Think we are done with the witch burnings for now though. LoL. Will keep you 'posted' as to the results. :cool:

Stefani, posted this as you posted yours message. You are correct and this gets into another whole subject on rights and such. Really don't want to go there.

Tristen Cox
08-02-2004, 02:01 PM
After researching this there is no law against a male wearing female clothing in 'public'.
However you still can't get free drinks on ladies night unless you're a GG. Ladies only : means ladies only.

I've personally served customers who were crossdressed in a public place and the police there never batted an eye. But I did get chills walking out of a store with my brand new platform boots as a sheriff eyeballed my purchase.. then my profile. I continued to my car :D ! Woops I'm rambling again.

-Tristen (in wet and rainy Fort lauderdale :()

CdMick
08-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Well I can tell you this-I lived in Florida about 10 years ago and I was on the force-We never arrested anyone for dressing as a woman who was male or vs versa-Not sure if that helped