PDA

View Full Version : I felt so left out at work....

heathr1
02-26-2006, 10:37 AM
On friday, a really attractive woman, who I get on with and am quite close to came in after having her hair done.

She has the most soft looking, shiny hair, and it was tied into a pony tail about 9 inches in length.

All the other workers, women, played with it and stroked it saying how silky it was.

Being a man, I couldn't do it.....But wanted to.

Ever been in a similar situation?

BrendaB GG
02-26-2006, 12:10 PM
My partner Tori complains about this all the time. He would love to comment on a new garment worn by a co-worker or ask where did you get that great whatever, But of course in todays world of political correctness, a male co-worker has to be careful.
For myself as a GG, it would not bother me at all if I knew the guy was a CD/TG or even if he was just gay. But I do get uncomfortable when hetro, macho type men pay attention to me at work or anywhere else for that matter. It's probably not fair, but it is what is is.
Brenda

Sophia Rearen
02-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Um, why not? Thought you were close?

heathr1
02-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Um, why not? Thought you were close?

Yes, we are, but can't exactly start playing girly with her hair in front of others.

Alone with her, outside of work once I ran my fingers through it and said how nice it is.

She didn't mind.

Sophia Rearen
02-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Yes, we are, but can't exactly start playing girly with her hair in front of others.

Alone with her, outside of work once I ran my fingers through it and said how nice it is.

She didn't mind.

Touching and stroking her hair doesn't have to be girly. Could be pretty sensual act if you ask me. Weren't you a little turned on by the girls touching and feeling?

I'd touch if I had the chance. I also comment on whatever looks nice and captures my eye on women. Most women seem to relish a compliment from a guy, especially one that is tune with their world. Just don't be all girly about it!

heathr1
02-26-2006, 06:10 PM
I was a little turned on by it, yes.

heathr1
02-28-2006, 02:51 PM
Similar situation today.

The women were discussing clothes and I whish I could have joined in.

linnea
02-28-2006, 09:43 PM
I totally agree with Sophia; in my experience, women love to hear compliments from men, especially if the men are tuned into things that are important to women--how they look for example. I recently asked what one of the secretaries in my office did with her hair. I said, "Did you do something different with your hair?" She responded that she had gotten tired of it being long, so she got it cut shorter. I said that it looked really nice that way. She started telling me more details about the hair dresser and how they decided what length to cut it and what to do with it, etc. I think that she loved talking about it--and I did too :)

NatalieBliss
03-01-2006, 01:50 AM
There are alot of times when I wish I could give a "cute shoes" or "pretty skirt" comment that I am too scared for either political correctness or having it taken the wrong way, when really I just want to know where to buy them from!

danielle_from_cal
03-01-2006, 02:03 AM
I find that I get enough pleasure just giving a girl a compliment when I think something about her looks particularly good. Usually they do not expect it from me, so it really seems to make them feel good when I say that their hair looks nice or that the dress they are wearing looks good on them. I don't drool over them or anything like that. Just a genuine compliment. I only do this with women that know me and know that I would not be "hitting" on them.

You don't need to touch their hair to admire it and let them know that you think it looks good.

Sophia Rearen
03-01-2006, 04:47 PM
I find that I get enough pleasure just giving a girl a compliment when I think something about her looks particularly good. Usually they do not expect it from me, so it really seems to make them feel good when I say that their hair looks nice or that the dress they are wearing looks good on them. I don't drool over them or anything like that. Just a genuine compliment. I only do this with women that know me and know that I would not be "hitting" on them.

You don't need to touch their hair to admire it and let them know that you think it looks good.

I agree, I live by what I preach. Yesterday, I went to the doctor. The receptionist in a shared office had nice fingernails. After some small talk, I told her I liked her nails. And, are you ready for this? She said, "thank you". I didn't need to tell her I knew the nail color, Lincoln Park After Dark, and that my toes were painted the same.