PDA

View Full Version : Who are you trying to impress?

Robin414
09-10-2016, 10:11 PM
OK, I know I've been a little absent from the conversations for a while but I'm trying to figure things out. Who am I trying to impress? As a 'guy' I always dressed and presented well

"OMG mate, you look like an under cover vice cop, I wanna look like you! Here's two bags of respect mate! 😊 "

As gender fluid though, I can't work out and get 14" forearms and lats like a barn door...and bushy freaking eyebrows...gross!

So who am I trying to impress...

Guys? "OMG mate, you look like a woman, I don't wanna look like that, gimme back those two bags of respect right now mate! 😠

Girls? "OMG, your face totally looks kinda like an undercover vice cop, I don't wanna look like that! 😠 "

Sure, I can go on HRT and even get FFS..or bulk up and turn into Dwayne Jhonson...
but I'm gender fluid and I don't see that changing!...sigh 😐

paulaprimo
09-10-2016, 10:29 PM
i can honestly say, finally, that at my ripe ole age, nobody... just me!
the hardest part for me, was being able to accept myself and just being happy with that.
i know that i'll never completely pass as a woman and that's fine with me. i do try to not be obvious
about it. i just do the best i can to blend and pass and that makes me happy. so as long as i'm happy
that's all that matters to me. if anyone else has a problem with it, then it's their problem... :)

BTW, missed ya ;)

Alice_2014_B
09-10-2016, 10:48 PM
I dress to impress myself, first and foremost, whether as a guy or woman.
:)

GBJoker
09-10-2016, 11:06 PM
Others. I will always remain, as ever, unimpressed.

susancheerleader
09-10-2016, 11:14 PM
I am not trying to impress anyone. I just like to be comfortable. Women's clothing is by far more comfortable then men's. Within my house I wear skirts or whatever i am comfortable with. In public I wear women's clothes but without frills or obvious signs. (Though trust me. I would love to.)
BUT... I posted in another thread that I wear women's body spray. My male coworkers always comment how nice I smell. And yes, I like that comment a lot.

Robin414
09-10-2016, 11:18 PM
BTW, missed ya ;)

Thank you Paula! Sorry for the absence, just had to confirm I'm gender fluid...yep....I'm gender fluid as the most gender fluid element known to mankind...genderfluidinium...element 300 on the periodic table 😉

Dana44
09-10-2016, 11:23 PM
Nice to see you back Robin, yeah mate I only try to impress myself and as I gender fluid, yep I'm getting more feminine. LOL but hey what is so bad about that.

UNDERDRESSER
09-11-2016, 01:10 AM
I guess I am gender fluid as well?....If that means definitely a guy in a skirt. I am not what I would call ripped, but in pretty good shape for my age, not trying to hide the shoulders, nor the legs and butt, which are damn good even if I do say so myself! This is where I deviate from the style that some "dudes in dresses" seem to be trying for. If the bottom half is too...frilly? too much frou frou, then it just doesn't work for me. Though as people who know me are getting more used to my skirts, I am ramping up the colours and fabrics some.

Lana Mae
09-11-2016, 05:49 AM
I am not really trying to impress anyone! I do have my own personal set of standards for male presentation and my own set of standards for female presentation! Part of the female includes wig and makeup when out with the muggles!! Now my little ride was without them but was more a test for me. It was more an impulse thing and a test of my resolve! Just my 2 c!! Hugs Lana Mae

Teresa
09-11-2016, 06:35 AM
Robin,
You are Robin and no one else, have you ever thought that others might prefer your lifestyle and dare not to tell you . Maybe you haven't got the biggest biceps or you make the prettiest woman but maybe being gender fluid isn't that bad, you don't have a problem with it why worry if others do ?

Now I've said that I should learn from my own words and admit being bi-gender is OK and dressing is part of me and I do enjoy it !

Marcelo
09-11-2016, 06:43 AM
First I'm trying to impress my boss so I can get that big promotion and raise.
Second I'm trying to impress the lady in the apartment next door so maybe I can get a date with her.
Third I'm trying to impress all my friends so they will be jealous.
Lastly I'm trying to impress my mom. She ALWAYS says I look great but you know how moms are...

Marcelo ;-)

Tracii G
09-11-2016, 07:00 AM
Trying to impress someone?? Why?

Jane277
09-11-2016, 08:08 AM
Myself, before I started cross dressing I didn't care how I looked, it didn't matter one bit to me as long as I was comfortable. Now I make sure I look good no matter if I wear woman's clothes or men's clothes, to be honest cross dressing has definitely improved my style.

CarlaWestin
09-11-2016, 09:07 AM
BTW, missed ya ;)

And I missed you, too! You're like my favorite like, fruit salad with like, you know, extra nuts.
And it's because your personality comes through your writing.

I gotta impress somebody now?
OK, whoa! Look at the size of those ............!

:straightface:

docrobbysherry
09-11-2016, 02:54 PM
Robin, when it comes to impressing someone? I think the answer for most of us is, "ourselves".

In my case I would also answer, "Other dressers". Because they know I'm a man who tries to present as a woman. And, often appreciate the difficulties involved!:doh:

But, if u asked who r we trying to "fool"? I think you'd get entirely different replies. Because lots of us try to fool others into thinking we r GG's. I have accomplished that a few times out at Halloween and consistently do with my photos!:devil:

CynthiaD
09-11-2016, 04:33 PM
I dress to please myself. I'm not really out to impress anyone.

ellbee
09-11-2016, 04:41 PM
I don't really see it as trying to "impress" anyone.

But I do feel it's more of a "challenge" -- of how much I can hide away / minimize everything masculine about me that I can, and totally bring out the feminine in the most genuine way possible.

Amelie
09-11-2016, 04:43 PM
I'm trying to impress the guy who sells lottery tickets down at the gas station. He doesn't speak English and shouts at me a lot, so I am having a difficult time figuring out if I impress him.

Alice Torn
09-11-2016, 05:59 PM
I think so, in that i dress to resemble a well dressed, classy older lady, and show that to the world, some.

Robin777
09-11-2016, 08:11 PM
Robin,
The only person I want to impress is myself. I don't dress to impress anyone. I am just trying to satisfy an inner need.

DIANEF
09-11-2016, 08:26 PM
Never been interested in impressing anyone as a guy, and as a girl only myself. I always try to look the best I can when CDing but in male mode just not really bothered.

Robin414
09-11-2016, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the replies ladies, they're inspirational! I'm slowly getting to the nirvana point, who gives a stinky poop what people think, this is my issue, not yours! Unless you wanna fight about it...and have it posted on you tube (I love that you tube 😉 ) No matter the outcome, I can't lose!

Zafira Skye
09-12-2016, 03:41 AM
As many of my sisters have mentioned here, I dress to impress no one except little ol me. I live a deliciously wonderful duel life, with my feminine imagination journeying alongside my male reality. I relish deeply those many occasions when my imaginary world breaks through into my reality, as I revel in the almost daily opportunity to wear clothing soft, shimmering and silken, or slip on something tight and elastic and shapely. When I look back over my secret collection of photographs of me dressed en femme, or I peruse the expanse of my women’s wardrobe, I can easily recognise I am dressing to impress the imaginary man in my feminine life. The style of my outfits are chosen carefully to impress ‘him’; the make-up is styled with a bright inviting lips, along with a dress or top showing an enticing amount of ‘cleavage’. I love buying lingerie ‘he’ will enjoy, and that split sided black evening dress with the lace bodice is so I look my best on ‘his’ arm when we’re out together at the theatre. Thankfully, the closet can’t restrain my flights of fantasy!

JaytoJillian
09-12-2016, 04:06 AM
I am my toughest critic, therefore, I dress--not to "impress" myself, but to meet a certain standard that I have established. To meet my own standard, the entire presentation must measure up--not just the outfit. Of course, if I am going out, this self-imposed standard is higher. If I feel good about my look, my confidence when I am out and about is pretty much unshakeable, and I can care less about what others are thinking/saying about me.

Krisi
09-12-2016, 09:13 AM
If there has to be an answer, I dress to impress myself. And possibly my wife because she is the one who can give me feedback on my "presentation".

Ressie
09-12-2016, 11:44 AM
I guess I try somewhat to impress other crossdressers. Sometimes I think I kind of do, sometimes not. Impressing anyone is more difficult as I age, and probably less important than it was years ago.

Robin414
09-12-2016, 10:24 PM
And I missed you, too! You're like my favorite like, fruit salad with like, you know, extra nuts.

:straightface:

LMAO, just read through my thread again...you nailed it Carla! 😉

Sephone
09-13-2016, 04:06 PM
Just me myself and I!

redtea
09-13-2016, 04:23 PM
myself and my soulmate who I will probably never find.

BLUE ORCHID
09-13-2016, 05:28 PM
Hi Robin:hugs:, I always take pride in my appearance in Drab & En-Femm, I guess that I guess I impress myself...:daydreaming:...

Kate Simmons
09-13-2016, 05:46 PM
No one really. Just doing it cause I want to. Impressed? :)

Alice Torn
09-13-2016, 08:00 PM
You said it for me, too Redtea. They say there is someone for everyone. Sadly for some, the two never meet. But, i try to look fairly nice in guy or gal mode.

wanda66
09-14-2016, 02:00 PM
IMPRESS WHO?
I for one would be happy with just blending in and being as inconspicuous as possible. !?