PDA

View Full Version : So, I got dressed today as I had a day to myself, or so I thought!

Just-Lucy
09-14-2016, 07:55 AM
So, I got dressed today as I had a day to myself, or so I thought! had a morning of chores planned, housework and a trip to the doctors. All very normal for me and I am used to seeing people whilst en fem in general (my family and friends, doc and a few others I've met on my travels so far). However, after I had finished dressing and putting my face on, and as I was getting my breakfast ready, I hear the doorbell... ''DING DONG'' and with that sound and knowing that nobody was due round, my hart dropped into my belly. I went to the window to see if it was anyone who knew and so if was safe to answer the door (im careful as there is an element of the locals in my area that it would be unsafe if found out). To my ultimate surprise it was the POLICE!!! Whatever nerves I had before were multiplied through the roof by this point but I had to make a decision, hide behind the couch or open the door...

Along the corridor to the door I went and with each step forward making me feel more positive. The door opened to a smile from a young officer asking if I was my partner (a GG), I said that I wasn't her and she was my partner. At this point you could see the cogs in his brain going overtime as he looked at his note-pad and then at me a couple of times back and forth, then ever so politely he asked... ''are you Gavin?'' this time with the confidence in his voice gone and replaced with nerves of his own. Of-course I said yes and 'im Gavin'.

The officer immediately smiled and was back to normal and explained he wanted to talk about an assault that happened to us ages ago. we went over things and he left without any issues and leaving me with a positive feeling to replace my fear of police seeing me dressed :)

ps docs going well
pps here's what I looked like for this event,,,

AlyssaJ
09-14-2016, 08:11 AM
I can just imagine that heart-sinking feeling when the bell rang. However, you look great, so work it!! Good for you, glad it was a positive experience.

Allisa
09-14-2016, 08:12 AM
You look like any woman I would expect to see answer the door. I never understood why so many are afraid of the police seeing them en-femme. Maybe now the police will be more aware of you being near the unsavory element in your area.

Krisi
09-14-2016, 08:25 AM
I hate when that happens!

My choice when the doorbell rings is either to do a quick change or ignore it and hope the person goes away. Unless the [edit: it is] police , they will probably go away and it would have been polite to call first and make an appointment.

I've seen TV ads for a "doorbell" system that includes a TV camera and sound as well as Internet access Internet access, the point being that you can see who is at the door and even talk to them as if you were home from anywhere in the world. This is something I have been considering.

It could be used to get rid of sales people and even in this case, the police. Just say you can't come to the door right now, please come back in an hour (or tomorrow).

Of course if you are out to the public, talking to the police while dressed shouldn't be an issue but for many of us who are not out, it would be.

Jaylyn
09-14-2016, 08:39 AM
It would be an issue in this small West Texas town. I think they still hang CDs here... Lol I'm out of the city limits so would have been a sheriffs office deputy and would even be worse. Gossip is bad enough here and no reason to give them the truth about the gossip that would incur.
You do look great and very feminine.

binair10
09-14-2016, 09:03 AM
That has happened to me. About 2 years ago a single mother with 2 children did a runner from the house that they were living in. As it happened, I was dressed up for an evening out with a close friend. At around half past seven the door bell went and I went to the door expecting it to be my friend. No, it was a policeman making enquiries about an attempted break in at the house the family were living in, After we had a bit of a discussion about said family he thanked me very much and wished me `have a good evening`. I have got to the point now that I will go to the door dressed anytime the bell goes. I don`t care who knows now.

Julie.

Sarah Louise
09-14-2016, 09:13 AM
Lucy, I'm not surprised he was confused as you don't look like a 'Gavin' in your picture. You look like a very attractive young woman. Wasn't it great that the policeman then carried on as if it was all perfectly normal - which it is of course!

Teresa
09-14-2016, 09:29 AM
Lucy,
I'm glad you didn't chicken out, most of them have seen it all before.

Don't forget we're not the only CDers, the police now recognise TG in their own departments, I believe some have set up social groups to accommodate their needs. A trained officer has cost them money and being TG doesn't stop them doing their job so the police now accept it, they can no longer discriminate. This is good news for all of us , I still chose not to drink when driving especially when dressed but at least I know I will be treated fairly if I do get pulled over.

wanda66
09-14-2016, 02:14 PM
You handled it well and looked great!

Jen92
09-14-2016, 02:36 PM
Crossdressing is not a crime, at least not in the UK. Unless you are doing something lewd/indecent. All officers are trained in diversity and that is one of their performance criteria (respect for diversity) as part of the officers annual review. You may like to drop the force an email acknowledging the officers performance in this regard. If a uk officer showed disrespect in the field of diversity and a member of the public complained they would get into proper trouble if substantiated. In the main officers are only concerned with people who either commit crime or offer a threat to them. Crossdressers are likely to be neither. Officers have seen it all and most are pretty open minded in my experience and frankly are too busy to worry about things that do no harm, including CDing. I was one, so I would know.

Anne K
09-14-2016, 02:37 PM
Great story! I suspect most of the members have had a similar experience. Still, it's fun to hear a new tale!

janec
09-14-2016, 02:46 PM
you look great i always get the dred feeling if any body comes to the door my response is to ignore it and hope the go and return later

Lana Mae
09-14-2016, 03:14 PM
All the officer initially saw was a pretty lady!! Your presentation must have been good!! I keep the front door open and the window blinds open when dressed!! That way I can see the entire front yard and know ahead of time!! Not sure what my response would be if anyone made it to the door unseen!! You did very well!! Hugs Lana Mae

DaniT
09-14-2016, 03:36 PM
Wow. That situation is like something from my nightmares! I like to think that I can control everything in my environment, it helps me keep control of what's going on in my head.

You handled it so smoothly and naturally, truly incredible.

You look amazingly natural as well. So pretty!

Dani

Just-Lucy
09-15-2016, 08:28 AM
Thank you all for the compliments girls. My biggest hugs go out to all of you.
I had some bad experiences with local police before hence my initial fears Jen92, I had 5 of them jump me in a cell a few years back as I wouldn't take my newly pierced ears out (5 huge guys to take little size uk12 me down!), turned out I was innocent of the crime but life moves on. Yesterdays experience has given me a more rounded and positive view on the local police for sure. today I was out again (wig & full make-up/jeans and a haltered camis), enjoyed the sun for a bit and spoke to some randoms at the doctors again. They called me in on the P.A system by my girl name for the first time as-well (big smiles as she blushes hehe). big steps started eh.

Mandyflcd
09-15-2016, 10:20 AM
You looks great and handled the situation well. On a more light hearted note, I've read a lot of crossdresser erotica stories than started like this... :D

Just-Lucy
09-15-2016, 10:45 AM
thank you Mandy, you look like your rocking it yourself :) Erotica lol, must be the creative writer in me :p

reb.femme
09-15-2016, 03:15 PM
I like the idea from Jen92, in that you could drop the Met (or other Police force) a line to support the officers attitude. I think they get a lot of crap but little praise.

Back to you though. You did look great so no surprises he was baffled at first. I would definitely have answered the door to the Police (I prefer " the old bill" though), but we too have locals that you wouldn't want outing to as well. South London's like that.

Becky...in Ibiza woo hoo!

Kendra Sue
09-15-2016, 05:22 PM
Nice. You go girl

Stephanie47
09-15-2016, 05:36 PM
As an in-home dresser I usually have the drapes in the front/livingroom draw closed. I can tell the difference in the routine delivery trucks; UPS, USPS, so I know the driver will leave a package. When the driver pulls away, I'll retrieve it. But? The police? That usually would mean something terrible has happened. The last time we had the police bang on the door late in the night, it turned my daughter's car was stolen from the front of the house and run into a telephone company street box a mile away.

I really do not know if I would answer the door en femme. Since I forego makeup and nail polish I would be able to do a real strip down and grab a tee shirt and cut off shorts. I'm happy to hear you were treated with professional courtesy.

Krisi
09-16-2016, 09:35 AM
I should have said in my post above that from your photo, it seems you look like an attractive female and could have easily dealt with a delivery person, salesman, etc., but of course the police needed to know your true identity.

Glad it went well.

shannoncd
09-21-2016, 09:31 AM
Absolutely awesome. You had nothing to worry about.
Hugs
Shannon

Stockings-A-Plenty
09-21-2016, 08:54 PM
That's awesome! Wish I had the courage to answer the door. Many dings have been ignored lol

SarahjayneA
09-22-2016, 04:37 AM
It's good to hear , when the Police get things right , as has been said in the thread , we are fortunate in the UK in the main to be open after all your doing nothing wrong
and if anything inviting the Police into your domain not theirs ! .

I do a lot of work with the Local Police and have helped them in creating workshops to teach them how to deal with situations , and in helping their Abuse Unit and giving Trans Girls a safe Haven , and someone to talk to , and in return some of their stories are fasinating and at times eyeopening.

Krisi
09-22-2016, 06:55 AM
It happened to me yesterday. Not the police, the guys who treat our lawn. They called the day before and made an appointment for "after lunchtime". Krisi was manning the house when the doorbell rang about 10:00AM. Oops! I had to do a complete change before I answered it. Fortunately, they didn't leave, they started working and all was well.

NatalieLM
09-22-2016, 07:11 AM
I have had a few delivery people knock on my door for signature required deliveries (usually for my wife). I don't think I'm too scared, it is more of the complication re who you say you are and sign as that prevents me opening the door.

If it was the police then I would open it no problem and would not expect them to give me any grief re my mode!

Krisi
09-23-2016, 07:06 AM
Yes, for most of us, answering the door of our own home as a female could make life complicated. And signing a package receipt as "George" could be problematic if you look like Georgette.

As for the police, I don't think I could stand or sit and talk to them dressed as Krisi. And what if they decide to take me down to the station? I would ask them to wait while I changed. Actually, I wouldn't answer the door for them until I changed.

BLUE ORCHID
09-23-2016, 07:36 AM
Hi Lucy:hugs:, I can see why the officer was so confused as you are a very lovely young lady...:daydreaming:...

Angie G
09-23-2016, 09:33 AM
A few day ago I was the internet doing Jigsaw puzzle when the back door opened It was my Grandson luckley he could not see me I slipped into the bedroom and changed back to a man.:hugs:
Angie

Alice_2014_B
09-23-2016, 09:38 AM
Looking very pretty Lucy!
Talking to strangers whilst en femme is something I very recently did for the first time.
It is amazing how people can be so understanding.
:)

Krisi
09-24-2016, 08:23 AM
A few day ago I was the internet doing Jigsaw puzzle when the back door opened It was my Grandson luckley he could not see me I slipped into the bedroom and changed back to a man.:hugs:
Angie

If you walk around your house dressed as a woman and don't want others to know, I suggest locking your doors.

Robyn2006
09-24-2016, 09:54 PM
Christ, you look amazing and could have pulled it off as Lucy!
But I know just how you felt, that damn doorbell when privacy is thought to be yours. When en femme, I've yet the nerve to answer... I just go off and put on another coat of lipstick and wait for whoever to go away. But the police? Just shoot me already!!! :noidea2:

donnalee
09-25-2016, 10:56 AM
Or you could get rid of the bell, as I have.

ChristinaK
09-25-2016, 11:08 AM
Beautiful girl! Wow, you are really owning it, good for you.

I would open the door for police. They have seen it all. Still, would be nervous.

Twice this month I've had to open the door with a nightgown on. The second, I had forgotten an appointment and so had to open the door as I waited too long and the lady was leaving. Fortunately, I was able to complete my business with her quickly, but afterwards I noticed my satin, Peter pan collar was sticking out of my robe and the hem extended well below my robe. Oh well, I don't care much anymore.

Barbara Black
09-25-2016, 01:17 PM
Way too pretty to be a Gavin. Congratulations to the cops who took it all in stride without difficulty.