PDA

View Full Version : Loving these self checkout lanes

erika_kerrie
09-14-2016, 12:02 PM
First off, I have no problem going shopping in a store, I've done it in girl mode but mostly I do it in guy mode. When I was a teen I used to get so scared at shopping for women's clothing, but over time it became easier and easier.

But I do love the new self checkout lanes at some stores, they are so convenient (when working of course) One would think that a crossdresser must have come up with the idea :)

That's all, cheers :)
Erika

Dana44
09-14-2016, 12:06 PM
Yeah went though some of those but had to have the SA go find a price tag LOL. So now I just go though the regular line and check out. No problems and if I am fem dressed no problems.

Ellie Summer
09-14-2016, 12:13 PM
I hear ya. Just bought a pair of silicon bra pads last night from the self checkout. I got some jewelrey and a bra once and when I walked out the security alarm went off. I guess the jewelrey packaging has anti theft stickers on the packaging somewhere. Well some nice looking young girl had to go over my receipt and dig through all the items in the bag. Wasn't the end of the world but I didn't quite get the exit I was hoping for :)

Tammy Terrain
09-14-2016, 12:15 PM
I agree and have done the same. In male mode female it does relieve some of the stress by going through self checkout. They are very handy.

gina shiney
09-14-2016, 12:32 PM
PRICE CHECK
I loath them, prices incorrectly stored on terminal software (spot sale) , a working terminal hah, non removal of security tags, and it's someone's job. In today's environment of high unemployment I find it hard to justify the use of these.

Alice_2014_B
09-14-2016, 01:12 PM
Crossdresser came up with the idea of self-check outs, Lol. I wouldn't doubt it.
I prefer using those anyway, with or without any girl-items.
:)

Stephanie47
09-14-2016, 01:12 PM
As a matter of course in buying anything at some large variety stores with self checkout I always check the tag with a price scanner. Price scanners are usually on posts throughout Target and Wal-Mart. I've found many times new stock items, whether related to women's fashions, have not been entered into the store's data base before shipping from a warehouse.

redtea
09-14-2016, 01:18 PM
Boring, I love to savior the experience of buying things in front of someone. Besides I work as a cashier so I understand their mindset completely. They don't care, they won't even remember you in 5 minutes. They see too many people.

I saw a guy dressed in purple femme things, purse, lady shoes. An older man. I don't remember a thing about his appearance nor would I think about him after a day or two. We really are irrelevant background characters in every strangers life.

DIANEF
09-14-2016, 01:32 PM
Never liked self checkouts, but having recently (and finally!) conquered my fear of buying femme things in store, from an SA, I just want to do it again and again. All the fears were entirely in my head.

NicoleScott
09-14-2016, 02:07 PM
I like self checkout lanes. If you're using them to stealthily purchase CDing things to avoid embarrassment, questions, strange looks, etc. from cashiers, make sure your items have a good bar code. You don't want to hear "THIS GUY NEEDS A PRICE CHECK ON A BRA" when you get assistance.

alwayshave
09-14-2016, 05:36 PM
Initially I liked them when my ex would send me to the store when her Aunt Flo came to town. She never planned a head. It was just easier not dealing with the young lady at the checkout with tampax. However, now I dislike them as people need jobs. When everyone is replaced by a machine, who is going to have a job.

Teresa
09-14-2016, 07:21 PM
Erika,
I don't have a problem with shopping but I find the self check line have so many problems there's always a SA standing around to sort things and keep it all moving along , or maybe they're keeping a check on how many CDers do go through the checkouts.

DianeF,
Yes most SAs are OK and the problem is in our heads, once over that fear, I started to have some fun with them , most like something a little out of the ordinary.

Nicolesmyth
09-14-2016, 07:45 PM
I like the self checkout lines too especially when buying femme items in drab. I went through one in femme in a grocery store and had purchased a bottle of wine. Didn't think about the over 21 id check. The little lady came over smiled looked close at me and said "I think you're just a shade over 21" (late 40's actually). I think it made her day. I still get a little nervous when I am out and about, but I'm learning to go with it and have fun.

MelanieAnne
09-14-2016, 08:06 PM
Unexpected item in bag! Please wait for assistance:eek::D

Pattie
09-14-2016, 08:17 PM
If they gave us a 10% discount when using self check out I would use them more but if you think about it only 1 person has 4 t0 8 self check out stands to watch, the store is making more money from these than at the cashiers.

BLUE ORCHID
09-14-2016, 08:19 PM
Initially I liked them when my ex would send me to the store when her Aunt Flo came to town. She never planned a head. It was just easier not dealing with the young lady at the checkout with tampax. However, now I dislike them as people need jobs. When everyone is replaced by a machine, who is going to have a job.

Hi Jamie:hugs:, I haven't heard about Aunt Flo in ages...:daydreaming:...

ellbee
09-14-2016, 08:27 PM
If they gave us a 10% discount when using self check out I would use them more but if you think about it only 1 person has 4 t0 8 self check out stands to watch, the store is making more money from these than at the cashiers.

They're probably also making more $$ because of the drop in shop-lifting.

You don't even want to know how much make-up & pantyhose & clothes I stole when I was younger, all because I was too scared/embarrassed to face a cashier with those kinds of purchases. :o

I was never caught -- but can only imagine the even *bigger* embarrassment if I had been...

Krisi
09-15-2016, 08:44 AM
Self checkout lanes are fine and I will often use them for everyday purchases, not just "crossdressing" supplies. Remember though, a human is watching what you are buying so if that bothers you, you are not gaining anything except not having to look them in the eye.

Really though, we have a right to buy panties and bras (and we certainly shouldn't steal them) so, assuming you still have a pair, just take them to the cashier and pay for them just like you would for a bottle of motor oil or a set of spark plugs.

Stephanie47
09-15-2016, 05:57 PM
Just a comment on the concept of self checkout lanes. In August there was a published study of shopping trips in USA, Great Britain and Europe. It was a detailed study. One million shopping trips totaling six million items were audited. It found 850,000 items were not scanned and paid for. The study was on grocery stores. It concluded the grocer were actually losing money with self checkout lanes. In my local Wal-Mart yesterday there was one sales associate monitoring eight stations. Of course there are cameras in the ceiling, but, I'm sure there can be a panty or two missing the scanner. In the same manner I like to get cash at my local bank in person and not at the outside ATM. The teller asked me once why I don't use the ATM. I told her I enjoy talking to people. I don't know if that would extend to asking a young female sales associate at Target if she like my choice of bra and panty. At least I wouldn't ask in North Carolina! :)

MelanieAnne
09-15-2016, 08:55 PM
Bypassing the scanner is not a good idea. Many people don't know that the bagging area on the self checkouts is a scale, and the weight of most or all items is programmed into the system. So if you stack two 6 ounce cans of tuna and scan them quickly as one, and 12 ounces goes into the bag, you get that "Unexpected item in bag" alarm. That's also why you get that annoying "Please place item in bagging area" if you don't put it in the bag right away.
I only use the self scanners occasionally, as I always feel like I'm putting someone out of a job. I use it when I have some nylons or pantys to buy. Then I wait until the clerk goes to help someone and then put my items through.

DIANEF
09-15-2016, 09:01 PM
Stephanie, I like how you put Great Britain 'and' Europe! My wife works at a large store and has commented on the number of guys buying girl stuff and using the self checkouts, and yes, they do lose thousands a week from pilferers.

reinasblack
09-15-2016, 09:23 PM
Transsexual working TS steal from wall greens $10California.
in cosmetics per year just in the one store on highland/Santa Monica Blvd in Hollywood California

They started not being 24 hours anymore as a result. You have to steal $950.00 to get arrested resulting in more theft.you get a ticket for less the $950.00
Imagine closing at 6:00pm on Thursday,Friday and Saturdays.

Its some hard looking and manly transsexuals there and even a few gender**** TG's with full beards and full pretty femine looks but there are many stealth good looking TG's that go undetected.if your good looking and young you have money if you do that work if your less desirable looking your having a hard time.

There is a country where the pizza place has a robot take your order and cook it.that country has so much automation the government gives everyone $1600-1800/month antipoverty wages.

They're probably also making more $$ because of the drop in shop-lifting.

You don't even want to know how much make-up & pantyhose & clothes I stole when I was younger, all because I was too scared/embarrassed to face a cashier with those kinds of purchases. :o

I was never caught -- but can only imagine the even *bigger* embarrassment if I had been...

julia marie
09-15-2016, 09:40 PM
When in boy mode and buying girl stuff I tend to go through self checkout. It's particularly handy when just picking up makeup or nail polish remover. If it isn't available, what the heck the clerk will never again meet the guy buying the sports bra. In girl mode, whichever checkout line is available.

Krisi
09-16-2016, 09:14 AM
Bypassing the scanner is not a good idea. ..........

Of course not. It's stealing. A crime. Hopefully, most of is were raised with the thought that we don't steal even if we have the opportunity to do so.

As for putting someone out of a job, many, many years ago, you would have gone to the grocery store and told the clerk you wanted two cans of tuna and he would have walked back, picked them up and brought them to you. His/her job was eliminated when the grocery cart was invented. This is just an extension of that. A company reducing overhead to lower costs and/or remain competitive. Remember when a gas station employee filled your gas tank and washed your windshield?

It's no different than a farmer using machinery to plant and harvest crops rather than human labor.

MelanieAnne
09-16-2016, 08:07 PM
When one clerk watches 8 checkouts on a split screen, seven people are out of a job.

A company reducing overhead to lower costs and/or remain competitive.

Somehow, I doubt the savings are being passed on to the customers.

NicoleScott
09-16-2016, 09:14 PM
So you want to put the people who make self checkout equipment out of a job?
Progress that eliminates some jobs almost always creates even more.

Krisi
09-17-2016, 08:40 AM
When one clerk watches 8 checkouts on a split screen, seven people are out of a job.

Somehow, I doubt the savings are being passed on to the customers.

I don't think you understood my post. Throughout history, certain jobs have been made irrelevant by progress. Let my try another example: How many people lost their jobs shoeing horses because of the automobile? Would you say the invention of the automobile was a bad thing because it cost people their jobs? Time marches on and we have to march with it or fall by the wayside.

As for your doubt that the savings are being passed on to the customers, for most retailers, competition with other retailers is their biggest concern. They have to remain competitive or they go out of business. Eliminating unnecessary labor costs is one way of remaining competitive. When you buy their products, you are seeing the effects of lower overhead including lower labor costs.

Unfortunately, much of the public has never owned or run a business and they don't understand how businesses work.

Stephanie47
09-17-2016, 09:49 AM
Stephanie, I like how you put Great Britain 'and' Europe! My wife works at a large store and has commented on the number of guys buying girl stuff and using the self checkouts, and yes, they do lose thousands a week from pilferers.

I don't know what you are asking. The news article I read specifically annotated the study was done in "Great Britain" and "Europe" as well as the "United States." I know GB is part of Europe. I can only surmise the writer was indicating GB and some countries on "The Continent" Nitpicking?

DIANEF
09-17-2016, 11:42 AM
Stephanie, it was meant in humour. Here in the UK we've just had 'brexit', and there is still some debate about wether we are or are not 'Europeans'. While still part of continental Europe the UK narrowly voted to leave the European Union, though we're still part of it for now. Nitpicking? No.

Megan Nicole
09-17-2016, 01:55 PM
I like live at the self checkout. Just at Walmart yesterday and picked up 5 of their cotton camisoles they had on sale for $2 each. I'd picked up a few over the summer and liked them for the price. Self checkout there too! I know they are monitored and someone is probably poking fun at me in a little room somewhere, but I don't care. I've purchased my girl stuff hundreds of times with only two issues. Once, a bottle of nail polish wouldn't scan, and another I had a few girl items and a box of maxi pads & something wouldn't ring up right. The sales associate was right there! That one was a lil embarrassing. I lived through it though. I could feel my face turning about 8 shades of red.

MelanieAnne
09-17-2016, 09:42 PM
At my area Walmart, the clerk doesn't spend much time at the monitor. He/she is constantly running from one checkout to another, helping one idiot after another. Also, things you would never think of need approval, like a can of spray paint, any alcohol, various glues and adhesives and automotive products and additives.

Rachelakld
09-18-2016, 11:40 PM
I hate self checkouts
1) those machines NEVER pay for childrens education
2) those machines NEVER pay for accommodation
3) those machine will NEVER purchase anything from me

While yes, they do create jobs, for every 10 people who get laid off, 1 gets a minimum wage job, and once 100 machines take 100 people out of a job, you will need 1 employee to fix the network and 1 more to be his boss and 1 to be the office girl.

My local staff said it was great that I use her till, as she was full time, but now only 20 hours a week, and the more people refuse to use the self checkouts, the more shifts she gets - she has a family and really needs full time work.

If I don't let her have full time job, which may cost me an extra $2 a week, I will be paying $2 more for her "benefit" payments via tax, and I will also be giving millions to someone in China who make the machines, who also will not buy anything from me.

GRRRRR HATE self checkouts, maybe it will be your job next, and the only one who benefits are the CEOs in foreign countries - very un patriotic
Very Un human

Lorileah
09-19-2016, 12:48 AM
OK kids, no more politics :) Thanks

Tracii G
09-19-2016, 12:55 AM
I don't care which check outs I use,whichever is quickest.
It would be nice if a store that has 20 check out lanes actually opened more that 4 at one time.

abby054
09-19-2016, 04:24 AM
...When everyone is replaced by a machine, who is going to have a job.

Those of us who design and program machines. And those of us who teach people how to do so. (That's me!)

A scary thought, brought to you by someone who knows designers and programmers: any machine's performance is no better than the skill and wisdom of the person who programmed it.

NicoleScott
09-19-2016, 09:03 AM
Allan Sherman (visionary?), from the 1963 album "My Son, the Nut", "Automation". Funny. and on-topic. Sorry I can't provide a link, search for it on Youtube.

Stephanie47
09-19-2016, 03:26 PM
Stephanie, it was meant in humour. Here in the UK we've just had 'brexit', and there is still some debate about wether we are or are not 'Europeans'. While still part of continental Europe the UK narrowly voted to leave the European Union, though we're still part of it for now. Nitpicking? No.

OK, I get the intent now. I'm married to a teacher and have heard way too many comments about Americans not knowing that Great Britain is part of Europe. Too many Americans probably could not locate Great Britain on a map!

Leslie Langford
09-19-2016, 05:46 PM
I like self checkout lanes. If you're using them to stealthily purchase CDing things to avoid embarrassment, questions, strange looks, etc. from cashiers, make sure your items have a good bar code. You don't want to hear "THIS GUY NEEDS A PRICE CHECK ON A BRA" when you get assistance.

No big whoop. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt...err...camisole.

I have survived more than one instance of a checkout cashier hauling the bra that I was intending to purchase out of the box it came in to verify that it matched what was indicated on the outside, including the price and size. I've even had cashiers announce loudly to me in front of numerous GG's in line behind me that bras are non-returnable and that I needed to be sure of my purchase. Doesn't faze me one bit - I look them straight in the eye, go along with whatever they are saying, smile benignly, and above all - don't let them smell the fear so as not to encourage any further potentially awkward comments.

I even managed to return a bra to one store and exchange it for a larger size despite the initial protestations of the customer service associate, and stood my ground even after she called for reinforcements in the way of her supervisor. Yes, nerves of steel, but sometimes it also helps to play the dumb, unknowing "dude" card, the same way that GG's often weasel their way out of a sticky situation by turning on the feminine charm.

As many here have said, at some point, you just have to "own it", develop a thick skin, and bear in mind that your money is as good as the next GG's and that you are entitled to the same level of consideration, service, and respect.

MelanieAnne
09-19-2016, 09:38 PM
You've sure got balls............err.......never mind. Carry on.:heehee:

Lana Mae
09-20-2016, 06:15 PM
Generally,I go to a cashier rather than self check out. No particular reason except less hassle! I do not have to call the SA because it has decided not to work right!! And to mention one bad innovation is Red Box videos which put a whole lot of video stores out of business and all those jobs lost!! I do not want to use a machine to browse videos and it does not even have what I want!! I think Red Box is an insult to our culture and society!! Just my 2 cents!! LOL Hugs Lana Mae

JenniferMBlack
09-20-2016, 07:16 PM
I hate those things. I got stuck at the exit of Wal mart one day behind someone who uses one. He scanned about 25%

Ressie
09-20-2016, 10:00 PM
Self check outs are annoying sometimes. A voice says, "unknown item in bagging area" because your lipstick wasn't detected when going in the bag. And I love getting a fist full of dimes for change at Wally world. Sometimes change ends up on the floor!

Most times when I buy make up items, something goes wrong and the attendant has to see what I'm buying anyway.

How about when there are six machines and 3 or them are down, and the line is a mile long? Love isn't a word I like to use when referring to my relationship with machines! YMMV

Krisi
09-21-2016, 06:44 AM
Generally,I go to a cashier rather than self check out. No particular reason except less hassle! I do not have to call the SA because it has decided not to work right!! And to mention one bad innovation is Red Box videos which put a whole lot of video stores out of business and all those jobs lost!! I do not want to use a machine to browse videos and it does not even have what I want!! I think Red Box is an insult to our culture and society!! Just my 2 cents!! LOL Hugs Lana Mae

I guess you're not watching your videos on-line then.

You realize that by renting videos and watching them at home you put the theater ushers, projectionists and snack bar people out of work, right? Shame, shame shame.

Self checkout machines are not a "free pass" for crossdressers trying to hide their purchases. For that, you need to buy on-line (think of how many people the Internet has put out of work). They sometimes have problems. Before you go through the self checkout line (or the manned checkout line for that matter), check to see that all your items have undamaged and readable bar codes. Wait for the screen before you put an item in the bag.

Or just own it and go through the regular line and be prepared with a comeback if the clerk makes a comment. Not a nasty comeback, a joke works best.

Rachelakld
09-22-2016, 01:39 AM
Those of us who design and program machines. And those of us who teach people how to do so. (That's me!)

I also have a revolutionary design and program (I work with micro controllers) that could put about 2000 people out of a job in NZ and probably 12,000 in the US, it would make me about $4 million in NZ over 5 years.
Prototype works well, but many of those 2000 people are my co-workers, so I will not be taking it further and hope the Chinese don't make one.

Ashley090
09-22-2016, 02:16 AM
It is highly possible that self-checkout were designed by cd :D If i one day get out and about all en femme (not done yer, kind of) i ll definetly try use them. I am not like them now. Also in my country there is always staff next to self-checkouts, checking if ppl realy scan all goods and they are ready to help if needed. That is not helpful for cd at all :D it is same everywhere or its just here?

Krisi
09-22-2016, 07:05 AM
In theory, there is someone watching. There is also a good possibility that someone is watching remotely or the transaction is being recorded on video. Retail theft is a big concern. This doesn't speak well for the morality of the general public.