PDA

View Full Version : Shall I ?

curiouslooker
09-14-2016, 07:47 PM
Many years ago I registered on this site. I have lurked and posted very little. Mainly because my life has been such that I have not been able to really think about myself in anyway.

Now, everyone that has been a part of my life (family) has passed away and soon my child will be moving out.
Long ago I rid myself of all the clothes my wife had around the house and pretty much anything else feminine.

Last night I broke down a purchased a new piece off eBay.

Very soon I will be the only person left in my home and I am "free" to do whatever and whenever, I want.

Then question is, should I break down and purchase a complete new set of clothing or just do piece by piece to see if it is still something of great desire for me?

DIANEF
09-14-2016, 08:02 PM
Well, you've already dipped you toe in the water with your eBay item (what was that BTW?) Personally, I'd buy a few things at a time as it sounds as though you may have doubts about how strong your desire to dress is. Just my two pennies worth. Better than spending a lot of money on something you may not use.

ellbee
09-14-2016, 08:06 PM
Take your time. Savor it.

Welcome back! ;)

And sorry to hear about your losses. :(

Hell on Heels
09-14-2016, 08:15 PM
Hell-o Curiouslooker,
Shopping for new things is half the fun, and keeps things interesting.
If you go out and purchase a whole new wardrobe in one trip... well...
You'll likely end up with a few things you just never wear, or use.
I'd buy the nessesities, and add a few new things as you get more comfortable
with all that new found "leisure" time.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Lana Mae
09-14-2016, 08:22 PM
Slowly, one piece at a time! The pink fog will roll in soon enough!! And then... Hugs Lana Mae

SuzyZahn
09-14-2016, 09:12 PM
Welcome back,,,,,,once you visit,you never ever really leave.

S. Lisa Smith
09-14-2016, 09:12 PM
Slowly, one piece at a time! The pink fog will roll in soon enough!! And then... Hugs Lana Mae

She's right! Have fun with our gift (or whatever it is :) )

docrobbysherry
09-15-2016, 12:40 AM
Look in the mirror and ask HER that question-----:battingeyelashes:

Nikkilovesdresses
09-15-2016, 03:58 AM
How can we possibly know what is right for you?

If in doubt do nothing until you adjust to your new independence- my guess is you'll find yourself wandering into the Ladies section of a big dept store within a couple of weeks. How hard you bash your credit card is in the lap of the CD gods.

Good luck to you, whatever you decide.

curiouslooker
09-15-2016, 04:07 AM
Well, you've already dipped you toe in the water with your eBay item (what was that BTW?) Personally, I'd buy a few things at a time as it sounds as though you may have doubts about how strong your desire to dress is. Just my two pennies worth. Better than spending a lot of money on something you may not use.

Dressing is not new for me. Just have not had the time nor ability in almost 10 years. The desire/want never left,. lol

Kate Simmons
09-15-2016, 05:13 AM
That would depend on what your needs are my friend.:)

Tania75
09-15-2016, 05:22 AM
You may find that with the house becoming empty, you are wandering what to do in life, and dressing is one way to fill in the gaps.
By all means, go for it, and as many have said, step by step would be the best way.
Don't forget your child, who while being about to move out, will still see you as the man of the family household, so still use discretion.

bridget thronton
09-15-2016, 07:50 AM
Do what makes you happy

NicoleScott
09-15-2016, 07:51 AM
I'm a list maker, some on paper or on my tablet, and some are in my head. What do you want to buy? Buy what's at the top of your wish list. Only you can determine when to buy what then moves up to the top of the list.

BLUE ORCHID
09-15-2016, 08:01 AM
Hi C L :hugs:, Go slow and pace yourself $$ it get$ real ea$y real quick $...:daydreaming:...

AlyssaJ
09-15-2016, 08:17 AM
I'm with the others here. Don't feel pressured to buy a bunch of things right away. Go with what you feel. If you see something you want to try, buy it. If your curious what it'd be like to wear something, get it. But don't feel like you have to stock up a full wardrobe right out of the gates. Have fun and enjoy the exploration.

Krisi
09-15-2016, 08:24 AM
Don't make the mistake of buying clothes that fit your male figure first and then buying breast forms and butt/hip padding. You should do it the other way around.

I wouldn't suggest going out all at once and buying dozens of dresses or skirts and blouses. It's going to take some experience to learn your "style" and what looks good on you and what doesn't. I suggest buying a wig, a pair of breast forms, a butt and hip enhancing garment, a pair of shoes and then a couple skirts and blouses that go well together. Add a bit of inexpensive jewelry and some beard cover and lipstick.

See where that takes you.