PDA

View Full Version : I had an interesting thing happen today...

Jen60
09-15-2016, 11:55 AM
I had an interesting thing happen to me today. As I was walking through the cafeteria at work, I saw a young woman wearing the exact same dress I had just received through Amazon. It was a black, color-block dress with a flared skirt of alternating black and white stripes. I so wanted to say to her, "Hey ! I have that dress,too!" but of course... I hope it looks half as good on me as it did on her. hahaha!:battingeyelashes:

sarahcrossed
09-15-2016, 01:06 PM
when will we see pics of this dress?

lmildcd
09-15-2016, 01:08 PM
I guess stuff like this happens. I once worked at a place where a woman wore the same type of shoe that I had at home from Payless.

shellybme
09-15-2016, 01:17 PM
When I used to waiter, I used to have women come in with some of the dresses and heels that I had too. One time, some one wore the exact same shoes and dress together that I had. I felt so proud of myself that I had good taste. Smiled throughout my whole shift. :D

Alice_2014_B
09-15-2016, 01:27 PM
Ooh I know that feeling!
:)

S. Lisa Smith
09-15-2016, 01:48 PM
It is always wonderful when you see a GG wearing something that you also have. Hope you post a picture of you in the dress!!

Lana Mae
09-15-2016, 02:43 PM
I have not had that happen yet!! But I hope the dress looks better on you than on her!!! Hugs Lana Mae

Jenniferathome
09-15-2016, 03:25 PM
That's always a kick. Has happened to me twice. I always smile and the women always look so much better....

nikkiwindsor
09-15-2016, 04:03 PM
"you know you're a girl when you've purchased an outfit and shoes that you observe GGs also wearing" LOL Nikki

Jen60
09-15-2016, 06:13 PM
Here you go...sorry for the poor quality...266195

Nikki A.
09-15-2016, 06:37 PM
It is funny when it happens, on one of my Nikki days someone was wearing the same dress I was thinking of wearing that day.

suzanne
09-15-2016, 08:03 PM
Rather than just smiing to yourself, what would happen if you threw your colleague a compliment?
"I love your dress. Is it new? Where did you get it?" You can say all of that without outing yourself, and you never know where the conversation will go from there.

lingerieLiz
09-15-2016, 08:26 PM
One evening I showed up at a party with the same silk shirt/blouse as one of the women she looked at me and smiled. She came over a little later and said, I like it. Since I had on a bra we really did match.

When I was on a trip back in the 60s and waiting to board I had on some women's flare leg pants. As would happen the girl directly across from me realized I had on the same pants she did. She said loudly, You have on the same pants I do! She tried to make it an issue with her friends, but I played it down. I did intact have on the same pants as well as gg shoes, top, bra, panties and every thing else. They got tired of pushing and their boarding call came. I enjoyed the rest of my trip without a problem.

BLUE ORCHID
09-15-2016, 08:34 PM
Hi Jen:hugs:, I too have seen women wearing the same shoes or tops like the ones that I have in my closet,

It just makes me feel great to see that...:daydreaming:...

Krisi
09-16-2016, 09:03 AM
It happened to me. My wife and I were at a restaurant eating dinner when the assistant manager came around to the tables asking people if they were enjoying their dinners. She was wearing a blouse identical to one I had recently purchased at JCPenny. I guess we should remember that they make thousands of these things and someone is buying the ones we didn't buy.

It might have been fun to tell her that I owned one just like hers but no good would have come of it so I didn't.

Leslie Langford
09-16-2016, 01:39 PM
It is always wonderful when you see a GG wearing something that you also have. Hope you post a picture of you in the dress!!

That's one of the things that I enjoy about shopping in thrift stores from time to time...finding shoes or an item of "previously loved" women's clothing that I am able to purchase and wear, all the while happily knowing that somewhere out there is a G.G. who not only has the same impeccable taste as I do ( ;) ), but is also my size.

Gawd, how I'd love to meet up with one of them some day for a clothing swap party! :eek: :daydreaming: :heehee:

irene9999
09-16-2016, 05:45 PM
Same thing happened to me at work one time, I saw some random woman walking around in the exact same orange, striped dress that I have! She was tall so it might have even been the same size as mine

Jen60
09-28-2016, 06:58 PM
She wore it again today! This time, I off-handed said to her that she looked very nice. Of course, I didn't mention that I had the same dress. She definitely wore it better...sigh!😜

ChristinaK
09-29-2016, 01:50 PM
Just this morning my wife wore a blouse I bought for me, wore it a couple of times, decided it was too tight and so gave it to her.

I told her I love that blouse and she reminded me that I gave it to her, sigh.

missymegg
09-29-2016, 01:55 PM
The fact that my wife and I wear the same size has always been a giant plus!
But she has yet to wear any of my things - sounds like fun!

susan54
09-29-2016, 02:12 PM
I have seen women in shops wearing dresses i already own and I have also seen several female colleagues wearing skirts I own. I often have lunch with a lady who owns a dress I also have and she was wearing it when we lunched last week. She has great taste in clothes and she looked awesome in that dress with her curves.

abby054
10-01-2016, 08:30 AM
This happens to me quite often now. Until a few years ago, it was rare. Then I started paying close attention (and attention to detail) to what GGs wear in many of the day to day situations where we cross paths. My purchases soon reflected what I learned. And the GGs began to wear the same things that I wear (at home) with increasing regularity. I have even begun to see full outfits, even accessorized like mine.

I knew the GGs were copying me when I went shopping with my grown daughter. While she was in the dressing rooms, I styled three outfits for her from the sales racks that she said were amazingly "cute". And my wife went ballistic when my daughter told her how well styled those outfits were. (Wife disapproves of crossdressing and loudly accused me of secretly taking it up again.)

I regularly read a few fashion blogs for GGs in the 35 to 50 age range. Four weeks ago, two such blogs featured articles on how to style a long black or tan cardigan, claiming that they would regain popularity this fall season. I had purchased each color when they were mildly popular several years ago, but they had languished since. I "shopped my closet" for three of the full outfits that these blogs featured. They looked as good on me as they did on the blog's models. (OK, I admit a little bias,) Since then, I have seen a few GGs wearing long cardigans over pieces identical to what is in my closet. This is getting scary.

MissVirginia-Mae
10-01-2016, 09:16 AM
Jen,
It looks very nice on you!:hugs:

CarlaWestin
10-01-2016, 09:40 AM
I was in the liquor store one day and I saw a millennial girl wearing the very same shoes that I had bought for a kinda older dowdy school teacher look. They're brown, wing tip, oxford lace up with a two inch heel. They go perfect with my gray wig. But this little cutie had on white knee socks, a black skater skirt and a spaghetti strap top. WTF? And it all looked hot. In the checkout line I said, "I have those shoes." She said, "I'll bet you do!" Go figure!