PDA

View Full Version : Why do so many attractive women smoke?

Robin414
09-17-2016, 11:41 AM
So I was sitting on a bench in an up scale neighborhood recently full femm when two teenage boys walked past. They were chatting normally and one looked at me and changed the topic to 'why do so many attractive women smoke?'

I kinda took it as a compliment (yah, I was smoking a cigarette) but made me think, smoking is gross and horrible, how can it be a feminine attribute...maybe I just need brighter lipstick and bigger boobs!?

Micki_Finn
09-17-2016, 11:46 AM
There are people who fetishize smoking. Reformed smoker here so I'm definitely not a fan nor do I find there to be anything particularly feminine about it. For some guys it could also be the fact that you're drawing attention to an oral fixation that is catching their eye. For others it could be the smoking=bad girl=promiscuous equation.

Laura912
09-17-2016, 12:39 PM
Teenage boys are a source of infinite wisdom? :brolleyes: At autopsy have removed lungs of nonsmokers and smokers. Think nice fresh pink hamburger compared to over grilled burger. Not feminine.

AllieSF
09-17-2016, 01:26 PM
I think that it is an interesting question about what they observed, age aside. The females I see smoking are usually the older rougher looking types who have been unable or unwilling to kick the habit, or the younger crowd who probably started smoking to more or less fit in with others doing the same.

ellbee
09-17-2016, 01:36 PM
Assuming by "attractive" you mean trim?

In which case, nicotine can "help" to both increase your metabolism & decrease your appetite.

I was a smoker for quite a while. Started young, too.

But I finally quit for good a few years ago after a long struggle.

I vape now, LOL, which I love sooo much better! :thumbsup:

I suppose I still have that oral fixation thing going on. :o

Megan Nicole
09-17-2016, 02:35 PM
I agree with Allie on this one. On occasion I'll see some really hot gg smoking and wonder how she came about the habit. Seems many of the attractive girls I see appear to not be smokers. Not always, but it just sems like you can tell. I run and work out a lot and tend to be attracted to, or drawn to those who do the same, so maybe I tend to notice them more. Idk. I wonder if demographics/location may play a roll here too. Humm, just thinking out loud.

Hell on Heels
09-17-2016, 02:57 PM
Hell-o Robin,
All you vice cops smoke, don't you?
It's just another form of stress relief.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Lori Kurtz
09-17-2016, 03:02 PM
... it could be the smoking=bad girl=promiscuous equation.

That's what it always was for me. As a fetish dresser, I think the nicotine heightened the high that was induced by my dressing up. Now that I'm no longer an active dresser, smoking is one of the factors that makes me less likely to go back to dressing up. I have the feeling that if I tried dressing up, I'd be drawn back into the smoking too, and I don't want any such thing to happen. At this point, the sight of a hot-looking woman smoking is still a turnon, but the smell of smoke has the opposite effect on me. For actual sex, to the extent that I might still indulge in it in the remaining years of my life, I'm not any more likely to be with a woman who smokes than to take a drag (pun intended) on a cigarette myself. I'm just a clean-livin' guy nowadays. Of course, I still enjoy memories of my sexy dress-up experiences, as well fantasies and vicarious pleasures inspired by girls on this site.

Ariadne
09-17-2016, 03:10 PM
I find a woman's attractive appearance is decreased when she is smoking. A real turn-off for me.

Dana44
09-17-2016, 03:41 PM
When I was running around dating many of the girls smoked and I always had to have a lighter to light them. Come to think of it all girls that I had smoked. My current SO smoked but vapes now.

NicoleScott
09-17-2016, 03:55 PM
I think attractive women smoke for the same reason unattractive women smoke: addicted to nicotine.

Lana Mae
09-17-2016, 05:34 PM
I agree with Micki!! I am a former smoker(53 years)!! I do not denounce anyone who smokes but it is not good for your health and the effects last a long time!! Quit when you can!! Hugs Lana Mae

Micki_Finn
09-17-2016, 06:24 PM
If for nothing else for the money you'll save! Think about all the cute clothes you won't be able to buy because you smoked that money!:)

Majella St Gerard
09-17-2016, 06:29 PM
I smoke and wish i didn't but there is something sexy about an attractive woman smoking. I don't know what it is, maybe watching all those old movies with those beautiful stars smoking.

scarlett
09-17-2016, 07:19 PM
They were dead on right.

sometimes_miss
09-17-2016, 08:03 PM
Defense mechanism, uses the breathing thought process to block other, unwanted thoughts. Consider: You're underwater. Can't breath. Do you really care about what's for dinner? Nope. Reference Maslow's hierarchy of needs and it's a pretty easy reach to see that the further you go up, the more important to our minds each item is. Fixate on a higher one to stop thinking about a lower one. It's why people who quit smoking usually overeat; they're replacing one blocking process with another. Some will just say that both are oral fixations, but I prefer my own idea.

It can be a social tool, too. Consider two people having a conversation. They come to a uncomfortable silence, so one picks up a cigarette/cigar/pipe and is busy, putting the onus on the other person to speak.

Or, it's a way to get out of work. When they first started banning indoor smoking, many groups of employees took cigarette breaks frequently, leaving the rest of us to do the actual work. I started going with them. When they asked why, I said I'm just going out to get some fresh air instead of smoky air....like some people prefer menthols, and some regular cigarettes. Then the whole department started walking out with the smokers, and the boss put a stop to all of it.

And last but not least, perhaps they simply do it to annoy the rest of us.

Alice_2014_B
09-17-2016, 08:05 PM
Very unique compliment, Robin.
I smoke natural cigarettes thru a tar-filter, can see one in one of my pics from my last thread being fully dressed.

To me, it's more of a social thing; I smoke in girl-mode too.
I'm attempting to keep it to ONLY after meals and when drinking.

:)

Robin777
09-17-2016, 08:14 PM
I believe a lot of women take up smoking from peer pressure and they think smoking raises their metabolism so they don't gain weight. The only thing that happens they get addicted to the nicotine. A women with a cigarette for me is a big turn off. The smell is something I cannot even stand being around,plus it is very unattractive.

Rhian
09-17-2016, 08:21 PM
I can't remember the last time I saw an attractive woman smoking. It seems to becoming less sociably acceptable than it once was, especially as smokers are now relegated to the outside.

Cara Lacey
09-17-2016, 08:43 PM
I used to work with models years ago. Almost all of them smoke. One time I asked them why, they said because it holds their weight down.

MelanieAnne
09-17-2016, 09:34 PM
Yeah. I was told women smoke to keep from getting fat. I guess it kills the appetite. My first girlfriend in high school was a smoker, and died young from lung cancer at the age of 49. Most of my smoker friends are dead now.

reb.femme
09-18-2016, 04:46 AM
In the UK, years of campaigning against smoking and restrictions on where you can smoke, has seen a major fall in numbers. The percentages according to ASH are similar for both sexes, but tends to remain the preserve of the young. We're all immortal when young, but the facts get to us as we age. But in answer to your question, "I haven't a clue". As an ex-smoker, nearly 32 years ago, I now fail to see the fascination. It's killed too many of my family to ever get me again, plus, personal view, it makes me and my breath stink.

Becky

Jackiefl
09-18-2016, 08:13 AM
I smoked for years and enjoyed the habit. Then one day had a issue,long story short 3 bladder surgeries, right kidney removed this year and a whole new outlook. Good news is doctor said i'm cancer free at this time.

MissTee
09-18-2016, 08:21 AM
Many years of my life were spent trying to quit two things: smoking and cross dressing. I succeeded in quitting smoking and learned to accept my cross dressing. I don't judge those that smoke, and I know it's a powerful addiction. I have not thought about attractive women that smoke, so I don't know that I agree with the statement.

Lori Kurtz
09-18-2016, 02:42 PM
I succeeded in quitting smoking and learned to accept my cross dressing.

A perfect outcome. Nobody ever got cancer because of crossdressing.

Micki_Finn
09-18-2016, 03:34 PM
Tje ironic thing about cigarettes for "weight control" is that it's really not so much that smoking makes you thin as quitting makes you fat. A lot of people over-eat when quitting because food somewhat sates the oral-fixation.

CONSUELO
09-18-2016, 04:28 PM
I had a love, hate relationship with smoking when younger. I would smoke for a year or two and then give it up for another year or more before resuming as I hated the smell and taste in my mouth the following morning. Finally, many, many decades ago I gave it up for good. Like all reformed smokers I am very sensitive to the smell of cigarettes and find it disgusting. I'm not sure why that happens but I have noticed it with several others who gave up the weed.
To answer the boy's question; perhaps it is to do with maintaining a low weight or maybe it is just "fashionable" with your crowd. Sadly it is such an unhealthy habit and large numbers of older folk are dealing with the terrible health consequences. I watched my heavy- smoking parents-in-law succumb to COPD and spend their last years gasping for breath while their lungs progressively failed. It was horrible to watch.

Tracii G
09-18-2016, 05:48 PM
Not sure I would put much stock in what two teenage boys say.
I had a bad head cold back in April and smoking just tasted horrible so I decided to quit until my head cold cleared up.
Took a couple of weeks to clear up and I figured if I went two week with out a smoke I can just stop all together.
Haven't had the urge since then.

SamanthaDarling120
09-18-2016, 11:50 PM
There are two things that I deal with that I have wanted to disappear from my life, crossdressing and my smoking fetish. I am learning to embrace my desire to dress like a woman and I now fully embrace my fetish for women who smoke. I don't know why females smoking turns me on but it just does. The same way I can't help the fact that I want to dress like a woman. I do think smoking is gross but at the same time I smoke so it's almost like I just deal with it. I went without smoking for 10 months and started again and was very disgusted by it and realized how pointless an addiction it is. I have smoked since I was 11 and am now 29 so it's been a part of my life for a long time. I don't think a girl being attractive and her smoking habit have anything to do with each other. Some people smoke, some don't. Some are hot, some aren't. I think a girl with a cigarette enhances her beauty and an unattractive girl smoking makes her more unattractive. For those that have fetishes, you know they can be quite particular so it isn't as black and white as one would think. But if I fall in love with a woman, I would rather her get not smoke for her own good but I will always date smokers. I would never make a girl start for me though. It's a love hate relationship for me. I'm a complicated creature.

Lorileah
09-19-2016, 12:45 AM
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...
Aw, darn, I like the smell of cigars.

Maybe a lot of us are still hung up on the movies of the 40's and 50's. "Hey big boy. Gotta light?"

Tania75
09-19-2016, 04:27 AM
I have never smoked, nor ever had the desire to, for only one real reason. I cannot stand the smell of them. Even now, if someone in my company lights up, I have to stand upwind of them. And as for the hatred of the smell, kissing a woman who has been smoking, for me, tastes absolutely horrible.
As much as I cannot stand cigarette smoke, I can stand around a campfire all night and not worry about the smoke. Obviously the wood in the campfire gives off a different aroma than cigarette smoke, and it's an aroma that I like. I wonder if cigarette smokers cannot stand campfire smoke. Who knows.
The big smoking turnoff for me comes from a woman I know who has had two children, and all the way through both pregnancies, has smoked at least once every two hours right up until she went to the hospital for both births. To me, that is just wrong.

Tracii G
09-19-2016, 06:02 AM
It may be Tania my ex smoked all thru both pregnancies of my daughters and both came out just fine and neither one smoke.
One is a vegan and to me that is just wrong LOLOL.

reb.femme
09-19-2016, 06:17 AM
...One is a vegan and to me that is just wrong LOLOL.

Yep! Add me to that list who consider being vegan a crime ;-).

Becky

NicoleScott
09-19-2016, 07:59 AM
Tania, your post reminds me of a good friend I had in college. I smoked cigarettes, he didn't, and he hated the smell. He smoked pot, I didn't, and I hated the smell.

Robin414
09-20-2016, 10:35 PM
Hell-o Robin,
All you vice cops smoke, don't you?
It's just another form of stress relief.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Oh HELL yah, in our Lamborghini Aventadors (the ones with the engines catching fire) 😐 and our white soot covered Armani suits and melted Tom Ford shades 😅

Georgette_USA
09-20-2016, 11:28 PM
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...
Aw, darn, I like the smell of cigars.

I have been a cigar smoker since 1963. Get a lot of guys and gals at clubs really take an interest. Most always ask what kind/brand, if they don't smoke them why ask. Plus I don't have any cigarettes for those wanting to borrow one.

Krisi
09-21-2016, 06:37 AM
..I had a bad head cold back in April and smoking just tasted horrible so I decided to quit until my head cold cleared up.
Took a couple of weeks to clear up and I figured if I went two week with out a smoke I can just stop all together.
Haven't had the urge since then.

That's exactly how I quit. It was in the spring of 1972. You can quit if you want to.

I haven't noticed attractive women smoking. I can think of one very attractive (older) woman friend who smokes but she goes outside and around the corner of her workplace to do it.

I use to date a woman who smoked constantly. She would wake up in the middle of the night and smoke a cigarette. She would take a smoke break in the middle of a meal. Kissing her was like kissing an ashtray and even her body smelled of smoke. It wasn't the smoking that ended the relationship though.

JustineFallow
10-01-2016, 06:42 PM
That's kind of a trick question for me, because a woman ceases to be attractive to me when I see her smoking. I mean no disrespect to anyone who does it, but it's a dirty, smelly habit, and even light smokers have an odor I find seriously off-putting. I learned that from my first girlfriend--I was happy to have one (a girlfriend), but it was like kissing an ashtray. Never again, I said. Besides, aren't they something like $10 a pack now? That's probably two, maybe three pairs of hosiery!

Christina Page
10-01-2016, 11:41 PM
I don't smoke and never did. I hate the smell. It irritates my eyes and nose. Kissing a smoker tastes like an ashtray.

And yet I find the sight of a beautiful woman smoking to be visually very sexy. Not sure why. Maybe it's the bad girl thing, or a phallic thing.