PDA

View Full Version : Where do you keep your clothes

AlyssaJ
09-23-2016, 04:25 PM
I did a couple different searches on the forum and was surprised I couldn't find this discussed as a topic anywhere (at least not the main topic of a thread anyway). Feel free to direct me if you know of one I just not finding for some reason.

Anyway, I was wondering where everyone is keeping their female wardrobe, makeup, wigs and other accessories. Seems many of us have a pretty expansive selection of shoes, dresses, other garments and accessories yet are not out in the open to our kids (or in some cases even our partners). So with a need to store a significant amount of clothing and such while still keeping it hidden or not easily discover-able, where are you storing your female attire?

Personally, the clothes that I wear most I keep in a locked cabinet in my office. I usually wear them when I'm working and no one else is home so they're easily accessible to me but in a room that no one else in my family really ever ventures into and still then cannot be accessed without the key. I also have a box of items I wear less often that is tucked away in the back of the walk-in closet in our master bedroom.

So just curious, where do you keep your goods??

Micki_Finn
09-23-2016, 04:30 PM
No hiding anything here. Just goes in my closet or dresser as appropriate. Wigs are on wig stands on shelves.

BLUE ORCHID
09-23-2016, 04:35 PM
Hi Lisa:hugs:, Three closets an three dresser drawers although it is DA/DT nothing is hidden...:daydreaming:..

Victoria92116
09-23-2016, 04:35 PM
In the closet or dresser, my wife knows so it's all good.

Tracii G
09-23-2016, 05:03 PM
No hiding here 3 closets full and a dresser.

sara66
09-23-2016, 05:05 PM
my wife knows. I have one crammed packed dresser drawer. I am going to get a garment bag for my closet.
Sara

Julie1123
09-23-2016, 05:13 PM
Three dresser drawers and a cabinet for shoes. My finacee and I have a DADT/out of sight out of mind arrangement but she knows where I keep stuff.

Nikki A.
09-23-2016, 05:17 PM
Being a widower I hang my things in thecloset and my dresser is about 50/50 between male and female clothes

iGenny
09-23-2016, 05:20 PM
Scattered among other stuff.

AllieBellema
09-23-2016, 05:21 PM
No worries about hiding anything so everything is on rolling racks in my room, dresser drawers, some stored in totes. Wigs are sitting in one of my two closets in my bedroom.

Dana44
09-23-2016, 05:24 PM
I have a wardrobe and a couple of dresser drawers pus a night stand for girly socks and pantie and bottom drawer for my male boxers and socks. Everything is filling up on my girl stuff and I will have to use another closet we have for that.

Lana Mae
09-23-2016, 05:35 PM
I am a widower and keep things in the closet. I have a large mirrored dresser and it has the pannties, bras, breast forms, corset, waist cincher, Tee shirts, jeans, etc. anything that is not on hangers is in this dresser! Dresses and anything on a hanger is in the closet as well as my shoes. My male stuff is in the other dresser in the room and hanging in the closet. There is more female clothes in the closet than male clothes!! Two drawers in the mirrored dresser(6 drawers total) have some of my wife's stuff yet! I am using my mother's jewelry box-it is an antique. My daughter seldom goes in my room. Hugs Lana Mae

alwayshave
09-23-2016, 05:47 PM
I keep everything in my closet, though it is locked. My fiancee knows and is supportive, but her adult bi-polar daughter lives with us and she has no issues going into drawers and closets looking for what ever she wants. Thus, the locked closet.

jazmine
09-23-2016, 05:59 PM
My wife and I just moved into a bigger house. Believe or not, she gave me the biggest closet in the house. A walk in closet! My girl clothes are on the left side, and my guy clothes on the right.

Roxy
09-23-2016, 06:04 PM
Most of my lingerie is in the master/walk in closet, hanging between my wife's things and my male clothes, panties and hose are in 4 dresser drawers. My wife is ok with me dressed in lingerie but not so much in dresses. I keep my forms, makeup, shoes and dresses in a few totes in my shop, locked in a cabinet.

Alice_2014_B
09-23-2016, 06:10 PM
I keep my dresses in our shared (wife and I) closet, we only have one.
I keep some of my high heels on the floor on my side of the bed, some are still in storage since we recently moved and our bedroom is small.
Keep my makeup and miscellaneous goods (wigs, corset etc.) in the corner of the bedroom.
:)

Alice Torn
09-23-2016, 06:13 PM
I kept some things in a duffle bag, a few things in drawers mixed with guy stuff, many dresses on hangars , but now, after a number of near death incidents, and new found kidney trouble, i put everything into plastic storage bins. I keep my water balloons in a box .

DaniChan
09-23-2016, 06:40 PM
Being closeted and living with my parents, I'm running out of places to hide stuff.
Most are crammed in the back of a cabinet with some random stuff on the front. Some are inside boxes in a closet. Some in the back of a drawer....I don't like having multiple hiding spots, but don't really have an option (except getting rid of stuff, but that's no fun).
I've thought about renting one of those self storage spaces (there is one a few blocks from here), but it's not exactly cheap and I would have to go there get the stuff when needed...

Dee-anna
09-23-2016, 06:41 PM
I keep my girl clothes hidden in a plastic tub under plastic tubs of fishing gear in an old closet in my shed.

DIANEF
09-23-2016, 07:57 PM
Not being out yet I have to hide everything away. I have a number of boxes in the attic, one for make up, wigs, forms and the like, and four more of clothes. My SO doesn't like heights or ladders so never ventures up there.

Elizabeth G
09-23-2016, 08:09 PM
I keep things that are temperature sensitive (wigs, cosmetics) locked in my desk at work, and all of my clothes, shoes and things in a room on the second floor in my barn.

Samantha Clark
09-23-2016, 08:22 PM
I keep my dresses, skirts and tops in my wife's side of the closet. I keep my hips, hair and boobs in a duffel bag on a shelf on my side of the closet. I keep my panties, hose, camis, slip and bras in my dresser.

SharonDenise
09-23-2016, 08:46 PM
I am widowed so I can keep my clothes just about anywhere in the house. However, my wife accepted and supported my crossdressing. While she was alive, I kept my female clothing in my closet along with my male clothing and in a few drawers. There were also some plastic bins down in the basement. My very grown-up daughters finally cleaned out their closets and I have already filled up one of those with dresses, coats, boots and wigs.

Annette_boy
09-23-2016, 09:20 PM
Hi I keep things in the closet a dresser and a chest of drawers and a wardrobe. Being out to 99% of the folks I know and being widowed. I have no need to hide any more . My late wife knew about me and was a big support. Hugs to all

Annette

RADER
09-23-2016, 09:31 PM
Dresser, Closets, and anywhere I can put them.
Not hiding anything. I do not have to. Thank You.
Rader

Stephanie47
09-23-2016, 09:31 PM
I guess mine are hidden in plain sight. It's a DADT situation which means I do not tell her what I buy because she does not ask. It's been growing and growing for years...decades. I started out putting my slips, bras and lingerie in a large box in my night stand. It's still there. However, I now have twenty Xerox boxes stacked up in the playroom which is a converted garage. There is also several boxes in a storage area above the hot water heater. It's out of control.

Alice Torn
09-23-2016, 09:34 PM
Dee-anna, like that! I am a fisher, too. Good idea! Under tubs of fishing gear.[/U]

Stockings-A-Plenty
09-23-2016, 09:37 PM
I'm still closeted so I keep almost all my stuff in a big box in my closet. I blend in with the other big boxes and it's labeled "console games". I keep my makeup in a smaller box that's hard to find in my room.

Sara Jessica
09-23-2016, 09:53 PM
Look at the extremes. Fully accepting SO's and everything is hiding in plain sight. Closeted and you don't even get a closet. Boxes, totes and musty sheds are your friends.

Being in between those extremes, largely because I'm choosing to keep this out of the sight of my children, I posted this solution a couple years ago......

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?220319-BUILDING-a-better-closet

I am pleased to share that this has been an absolutely perfect solution. I still have room to grow my wardrobe a bit but at the same time, I choose to rotate some stuff out which keeps me from becoming a hoarder. My kids haven't gotten into the closet, that I can guarantee. And curiously, the lock has never been questioned. Hmmmm? ;)

tvmelissa
09-23-2016, 10:32 PM
I live on my own, so my femme stuff's in the dresser and the (originally 2nd, now main) bedroom closet, and my guy stuff's in the chest of drawers and the "library" (originally 3rd bedroom) closet. The original master bedroom (which actually has the same floor area as the 2nd bedroom) is my office and guest bedroom (it's got a sofa bed), and the closet's full of computers, network gear, etc. It's at the front of the house, and faces onto a busy street with a bus stop right outside, though. So I decided to make it the office, and sleep in one of the back bedrooms, where it's quieter.

Barbara Black
09-23-2016, 11:34 PM
Mostly DADT, but I have a tall dresser in the basement with two hanging racks for skirts and dresses. I only keep a little bit of clothing, my forms, and my nightgowns in the closet upstairs. I don't wear male underwear anymore, so I'm planning on changing some drawers in the bedroom to feminine wear, panties in particular. But I'm quickly needing a rack for shoes, suddenly I have eight pair and counting.

Jane277
09-23-2016, 11:49 PM
I keep mine in the closet in between my wifes clothes and my man clothes

PeggyNell
09-24-2016, 12:35 AM
I live by myself. I am recently divorced so up until now I had no CD outlet, except for the occasional home alone times. But now I have a spare bed room that I keep the few, but growing femme clothes. It still has unpacked moving boxes In there so I keep the door closed when my daughter comes over I tell her it's the junk room and there is nothing she needs in there. I opened the door and she saw the clutter of boxes, and she said "ok". And that was that. When I am alone I do have things laying about. And I joke with my female friend that if someone drops by for a surprise, they will think I have a live in girlfriend!

NatalieLM
09-24-2016, 12:49 AM
Not being out, my stuff is hidden away in the garage.

Dresses, skirts and tops are in suit carriers in a plastic storage unit with another on top to hide them.

Shoes and makeup are in a gym bag that is stored up high on a shelf.

Clothes that can be folded, underwear and my wig (in its box) are in a small suitcase tucked out of sight.

Anything that didn't fit in that trio of places is in the roof cavity and hard to get at.

It takes me about 5 minutes to get it all out and the same to put it away. At least it is in a part of the house that I can easily access late at night.

I dream of being able to view and access my treasures from within my own wardrobe but it isn't happening any time soon!

baldy1
09-24-2016, 01:04 AM
In our joint wardrobes

Julie

Lacey New
09-24-2016, 07:41 AM
Life is easier for those of you who either live alone or are out to your SO. Being in the closet has caused me to find a few creative places in the floor joists in the attic.

Michelle 78
09-24-2016, 07:45 AM
No hiding for me anymore, All of my clothes are hung neatly in the wardrobe, shoes on the shelves, everything else in the drawers etc just as it should be. Just not enough space!!!:eek:

Krisi
09-24-2016, 07:47 AM
Since I'm not hiding from my wife, I keep my clothes in my closet with my male clothes. Obviously, for those hiding their dressing from wives and other household members, this wouldn't work.

A long time ago when I had only a bra and water balloon boobs, I kept them in a drawer in an old wooden teacher's desk that had been converter to a workbench for small hobby projects. I drilled a hidden hole that went through the side and into the drawer and kept a nail in it as a lock. It acted as if the drawer was stuck closed.

Cheryl T
09-24-2016, 07:55 AM
In the closet for clothes and in the lingerie chest I built for my unmentionables. Wigs have their own storage area.

wendy
09-24-2016, 07:59 AM
Before I told my wife, I kept my wardrobe in various boxes in the tool room. When the wardrobe expanded beyond the capacity of the boxes, I moved it to a locked gun cabinet.

Now that my wife knows, I keep Wendy's clothes in the closet located in spare bedroom, along with her wigs. Wendy's makeup is intermingled with my wife's.

My swimsuit collection is split up, some are on the bed in the spare bedroom, some in the drawers, but the majority is in a huge plastic container.

CarlaWestin
09-24-2016, 08:15 AM
I'm fortunate that my wife and I have separate sections of the house all to ourselves. I have my own full bathroom, bedroom and large office with a living room area and large walk-in closet. I need not hide anything although, we are DADT. I even use some of my prettiest bras for decoration.

We're just older and we are very loving and give each other personal space. So I have drawers full of makeup, multiple dressers full of bras and tops and lingerie and endless hangers of dresses, uniforms and costumes. And shoes everywhere. It's the ultimate wo(man) cave.

Interesting. I have a CD friend that is still deep in the closet but has an amazing collection of all things girly. He installed duct work in the basement of his house that is actually storage boxes.
Ingenious idea!

bridget thronton
09-24-2016, 12:23 PM
Closet, dresser, bathroom counter

abby054
09-24-2016, 03:34 PM
In a heated / cooled 24 hour storage locker about three blocks from my office, three miles from my house. My unit looks like a "girl cave", a California closet with three levels of closet rods, several mirrors, shelving for shoes, a set of hooks to hang purses and belts, a lingeree / hosiery rack, and a full size 1930s style zebra wood vanity, full of makeup, with a huge round mirror and a chair. And a suitcase for a business trip. The storage company has a large lighted display window and my unit is directly behind that window, so there is plenty of light day and night. It gets hot on sunny days and cool on winter days.

JaimeCD
09-24-2016, 03:58 PM
I actually keep mine in my wife's closet. Recently she has started to borrow my stuff too. A week from Monday we are both starting a big diet and she said hopefully when we are done we can really start swapping clothes.

Ashley090
09-24-2016, 04:26 PM
I envy all of you girls who keep theirs stuff in closets out in open, not hidding. I keep my things bag behind my computer table. But recently bought small cabinet with lock just for my girly things :)

Kiersten
09-24-2016, 07:57 PM
I keep all my clothes in a closet in a spare room, that doubles as my man cave.

Judy-Somthing
09-24-2016, 08:47 PM
I hate to admit it but what the heck.
When I was a young teen 45 years ago I had two very big stereo speaker cabinets which held a lot of clothes and also in a console TV266518

I kept them for 15 years in an apartment building I own in the basement marked Apart. 3B when the Pink Fog had left me!

This year after the Pink Fog came back strong after a 15 year dry spell so I hid them in the basement ceiling.

Well after a six month, out of control Pink Fog I'm back to "can't dress" Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Stephanie Lynne
09-24-2016, 09:07 PM
In my closet and bathroom. Used to be in boxes to hide.

Joni T
09-24-2016, 10:23 PM
No hiding necessary here.
Jon

Robin-in-TX
09-24-2016, 11:55 PM
I told my wife that I wear panties nearly 3 years ago and I keep them in my dresser. I wear them everyday and keep them in our shared lingerie dresser. We don't talk about it. My other clothes, which is mostly three skirts, 2 tops slips and a nighty are in a duffel bag with my helmet and my body armor. With the exception of my panties, I've never asked to put my clothes in the closet. I don't think she would object but would not be supportive.

misschris
09-24-2016, 11:59 PM
I'm fortunate to live in a 100 year old home in the historic part of town, the "hysterical district"...we have a garage apartment that is "my room". My stereo, computer, and wardrobe. I'm still in the closet, but my kids are grown go their own ways and my wife accepts me having my man cave.

BillieAnneJean
09-25-2016, 12:00 AM
Billie has a room all for herself.
It is 14X28' with 50' of closet rod, an 8X8' shoe closet, a sewing area, shelving for wigs purses, and jewelry, and a makeup table with mirror.

Thictoria
09-25-2016, 05:22 AM
Being the only person to know about my partners dressing and as he has 2 teenage children at home he keeps her stuff at my house and has half a closet 2 draws and some in a box under my bed. I have only known for six ish months and am starting to think i will need more storage soon lol :)

Laurana
09-25-2016, 06:31 AM
I keep all my clothes in my drawers or closet. My daughter knows all about me so I have no need to hide it from her.

immike
09-25-2016, 07:13 AM
I have a second room,which is my den/office,with a deadbolt lock on it&I store my female wardrobe in there,and it is locked when I have guests

josrphine
09-25-2016, 08:23 AM
Hi Sissy, I am one of the lucky one's, my wife and I share the same closet, we also are very close in size 14 /16 shoes 10 1/2 . We have just one problem , that is who gets to the closet first. We do have matching outfits, I have wigs that are just like her hair and color. We have been married for 3 yrs and together for 10. I do pass so there is just about no were that we go I don'e dress. Jo

Robin414
09-25-2016, 08:30 AM
I keep mine in a secret drawer, the intimates at least. The rest, in the the closet with all my other stuff, like Armani and Canali suits

JamieG
09-25-2016, 09:49 AM
I am also fortunate to have an accepting wife, so I keep most of my clothes in my closet. We have two closets in our bedroom, and the one closer to my side of the bed happens to be the bigger walk-in closet. The left side is my every-day guy stuff. The right side is my suits, some of her special occasion dresses, and my girly stuff. I have a big, lidded tub with most of my shoes in it, and a few boxes with more shoes. In the back corner, are tights and such in bags. Up high on a shelf, I have my wig on a wig head inside a cardboard box to conceal it, and on the same shelf are my girls jeans and some tops, folded right next to my guy jeans. My tutu collection is in two garbage bags and hanging in the back. Thus, things are concealed if someone takes a quick glance in the closet, but if one of my kids, or a nosy visiting relative, starts looking too closely, I might have some explaining to do.

Angie G
09-25-2016, 10:14 AM
I have no need to hide My wife know and accepts my dressing I have a closet that is jamed wall to wall 4 small plastic drawers And my make-up is in a make-up bag in the bathroom.:hugs:
Angie

brenda girl
09-26-2016, 12:43 PM
I am single, so my dresses are hung in my closet and i have a drawer for my panties and bra

Bruce64
09-26-2016, 05:33 PM
I keep some with my clothes, some with my Wife's clothing in small bags and I do like to wash and hang on a line downstairs, that's my favourite spot.

redtea
09-26-2016, 06:01 PM
on some tall shelf like thing next to my bed... I put a shirt over the 18 inch high pile of clothes and don't think about it xD

Sometimes I even leave a pair of jeans sit out in the open.

Panties in a shoebox on the floor.

I also hang panties in the closet in plain sight after washing them.

I'm practically begging to get caught...ok discovered*.

PattiL
09-26-2016, 07:33 PM
For the last few years I've kept everything in a storage locker (which is becoming quite full). I had different places at home however I'm a lot more comfortable with things behind a lock/key that I'm the only one who knows about.

lingerieLiz
09-26-2016, 11:31 PM
I put my clothes in our closets. Lingerie in dresser. Then again I don't have much guy stuff.

Tina Davis
09-27-2016, 03:07 PM
Everything I have fits into one large duffel bag which is then stored in the crawl space off the top floor (which is finished, so no attic). The door to the space is in a closet filled with our luggage, so getting to the door requires moving the suitcases. It takes only a couple of minutes but it is definitely not a place my wife would go. I am as hidden as possible but she knows I have dressed before.

PamelaRI
09-27-2016, 10:24 PM
Despite being in "she knows, but doesn't want to see it" mode, it is an odd mixed bag. Some things like my yoga pants, exercise shorts and tops are out in the open and go through the normal household laundry process. Not so with my panties and tanks. While she knows that I wear them every day under my clothes, she doesn't want to see them. So they sit inconveniently in a laptop bag in my car and I wash them when she isn't home. Interestingly, she knows when I wash, because, I close the door to our first floor bedroom so that she can't see the drying racks. Outfits, accessories, other lingerie, wig, shoes, breast forms are stored in the basement. I know that it is a ludicrous situation, because I have drawers upstairs filled with underwear that are too big and that I haven't worn in over a year, but I'm too timid to raise it as an issue, because for the last 15 months she has actually been very tolerant of the expanding expression of my gender fluidity. It's been a big change, because 15 months ago, everything was hidden in the basement.

Rhandi Spencer
09-28-2016, 08:01 AM
In a storage unit a few blocks from my office and 4 miles from my home. All of my stuff is in a black tote that looks similar to all the other totes in the unit.

Occassionally, items will be kept in a duffel bag in my truck that serves to hold hunting items as well, so nobody thinks a thing of it. Just need to make sure I repack prior to hunting trip with my son.

The closet is a lonely place.

Randi

KatieV
09-28-2016, 10:06 AM
Under the big W.

Meg East
09-28-2016, 10:12 AM
I don't have to hide my CDing from my DW. Dresses and skirts are in our walk in closet, panties and bras are commingled with my drab underwear and the heels are either under the bed or are tripping hazards around the bedroom. Neatness isn't one of my strong suits.

Tina Davis
09-28-2016, 05:07 PM
KatieV, that is a perfect response and I wonder who else would agree. :laughing::roflmao:

Fiona123
09-29-2016, 01:25 AM
My one dress is hidden in my closet on a hangar under an old coat. My panties and bra are in a drawer. I am "out" to my spouse but we are DADT (sigh) so I don't flaunt it. 🌺