PDA

View Full Version : Selies without filters

Just-Lucy
09-24-2016, 05:21 AM
So im always using filters and effects in photo's to smooth skin and tell myself im prettier than was true ya know. and it accured to me that I could end up building a false sense of what I look like and skill acquired to get me there. I thought it would be beneficial to give myself an exercise in finding my true femininity! In this exercise I gave myself some rules:
1)No camera tricks, filters or effects
2)No wig
3)No dodgy lighting
4)Has to be a close up
5)ENJOY MYSELF! :)
This was the resulting picture >>266493
Im proud of the result and know its an achievable look that I can enjoy and be confident about. Give it a go girls, its great fun and do add your pics to this post to celebrate all the beauty that is our community on CD.COM :)

biggest hugs
Lucy

Kate Simmons
09-24-2016, 05:39 AM
All of mine are with ambient lighting and never at all altered. :)

Jane277
09-24-2016, 06:20 AM
Very nice. Hopefully one day I will have the courage to share a selfie,

Robin414
09-24-2016, 09:53 AM
Love the hat, I have one just like it but brown. Looking good Lucy!

dolovewell
09-24-2016, 10:27 AM
I remember when I first started and was taking selfies with my phone. I had no idea the default setting on my phone when taking selfies was to add a filter, so I thought thats how I actually looked. When I finally realized that all selfies I was taking were automatically adding filters, it was like a shot to the gut. I mean I didn't look that much worse without the filters, but the filters made my pics look more airbrushed. It was a lesson learned, though. I just ended up using that as motivation to get better with makeup.

DIANEF
09-24-2016, 10:41 AM
The mirror never lies?, well it does. I sometimes used to get ready, look at myself and think, yes, that's pretty good. Then I'd take a picture, put it on the PC and think. no, thats not right at all. The lighting was similar, make up and hair the same, but such a difference. Now I take pictures mainly to look at myself and see how I can improve anything.

Sheila11
09-24-2016, 10:57 AM
Don't know why you were using filters, you look great. Never have used filters. Maybe I should have.
Is there a daytime-I'm-out walking around- face to face-filter?

Sarah Louise
09-24-2016, 11:09 AM
You still look good, Lucy!

AprilMayy<3
09-24-2016, 04:15 PM
I use filters, definitely. I don't know, it helps hide the flaws lol(Mainly my teeth). I'll post a side by side of one I have with and without filters.
266506 266507

Allisa
09-24-2016, 05:37 PM
Evidently you haven't seen any of my pics, just an old man expressing his younger woman, no tricks of any kind.

Tracii G
09-24-2016, 05:48 PM
I just use the automatic settings on my cam and I wouldn't know how to filter a pic anyway.
Photography is not my strong suit. I know some use photoshop but I don't have the software or even know how to use it.
All my pics are me straight up no fancy tricks or effects.

Amelie
09-24-2016, 07:47 PM
I don't do anything to my pics, I actually have grey skin.

Lori Kurtz
09-24-2016, 07:59 PM
Who needs filters, Just-Lucy? Not you. You're one hot-lookin' babe!