PDA

View Full Version : Uncomfortable wearing drab clothing

Terri Semes
09-24-2016, 08:18 AM
Keep in mind I am deep in the closet , but just realized when not at work all I wear are cotton sweat shorts flip flops and tank tops.
Would rather be wearing women's clothes but this is close as I can get without being scrutinized by SO .
Anyone else find themselves doing this ?

Teresa
09-24-2016, 08:35 AM
Terri,
I'm not uncomfortable wearing drab but just not interested, I can't be bothered to shop for my male side, I think my wife has realised this she just tells me she's going update my clothes and gets them. She is confusing me with this because most of the things she buys are tight fitting, the last pair of jeans were slim fitting in a very soft denim .

Jaylyn
09-24-2016, 08:43 AM
I don't consider that a woman's clothing and my reason is this. Wife and I both used to take our vacations down to the coast and spend a couple months there. We both really dressed in flip flops, tees or tank tops and if not bathing suits cotton shorts. We actually bought two packages of the cotton shorts and shared them. Many folks were wearing the same. That is my comfortable attire when I get in from working on the farm and lounging around the house still to this day. Usually my wives also.

Krisi
09-24-2016, 08:45 AM
First of all, hiding from your "SO" is not a good thing. If this is serious, it's best to talk with her (I assume) before a possible marriage than have her "catch" you later.

As far as being uncomfortable in drab clothing, this is something you should be able to get over. Don't concentrate on your clothing, concentrate on what you are doing and concentrate on life.

jazmine
09-24-2016, 08:52 AM
I don't mind wearing my everyday guy clothes, I have my own sort of style, and it's probably what I would be wearing anyways if I was a GG, since it's kinda hard to restore a Dodge Challenger or a classic Space Invaders arcade game in a pretty dress and thigh high stockings.

...but I do noticed I feel uncomfortable when wearing a suit to a formal event. It's not me. Ironically, I feel as though I'm actually "cross dressing". Almost embarrassed a little. It would actually feel more natural for me & way more comfortable being able to wear a dress in those situations. (sigh).

Oh well, I guess that's life on earth...
Don't want to upset the humans.
Lol

Lana Mae
09-24-2016, 08:55 AM
I am not out to the general public yet! No wig no makeup. I have male(drab) clothes for male mode and my "dress up" clothes! My "dress up" clothes now out number my drab clothes! Hopefully in November I will obtain my wig and get some makeup skills to move forward on my journey! Hugs Lana Mae

Krisi
09-24-2016, 09:00 AM
When I was younger and working, I was a sharp dresser. Nice shirts, trousers, matching tie and suspenders, polished leather shoes, etc. Now that I am retired and live in a more casual part of the country, it's shorts and a T-shirt most of the time. And sneakers. Sometimes I'll wear a nicer pull over or buttoned shirt and sometimes I'll wear nice jeans (from the women's section, of course).

I don't get depressed or even think about my clothing in male mode.

NancySue
09-24-2016, 09:16 AM
I have to echo Kristi. Tell her. I told my wife before we wed. Best thing I ever did. Living in secrecy usually doesn't end well when discovered and odds are that will happen. Had to throw in my 2 cents.

I don't necessarily think drab is uncomfortable. But, many times I think of how much more comfortable my other things are...even though my wife disagrees with me about underwires, hose, shapers, etc. we laugh 😂

steph_2015
09-24-2016, 09:25 AM
I agree with krisi you must tell her i made the wroung choice and It was a long road between me and my wife and very unfair to her wish ya luck

Terri Semes
09-24-2016, 11:01 AM
My SO knows ,but don't want to discuss it or see me dressed.

DIANEF
09-24-2016, 11:14 AM
When buying female clothes I have a clear idea of what I want, but with male clothes its usually a case of seeing something and thinking, yeaaah, that will do. Certainly not uncomfortable in drab but much prefer my girl stuff.

Alice Torn
09-24-2016, 11:36 AM
I have told women i thought about dating, and good thing i did. All had no use for a man wearing womens clothes. So, i am single for life.

Stephanie47
09-24-2016, 11:39 AM
As a retiree I rarely wear office attire anymore. The men's slacks, dress shirts, ties, and even shoes sit idle. Even in the dead of the cold winter around the house it's still bare feet, shorts and tee shirts. It's not so much an aversion to more formal clothing. It's neuropathy. Wearing anything is becoming increasingly uncomfortable. The ensemble your describing does not appear to be feminine unless it's the colors and patterns.

Alice_2014_B
09-24-2016, 05:58 PM
I totally agree with Krisi; would be best to tell your SO.
:)

redtea
09-24-2016, 06:46 PM
I almost never wear boxer briefs anymore, i dislike the opening in the front and awkward situations with my horse getting out of position. I was more uncomfortable at work wearing boxers than panties...I know crazy concept.

donnalee
09-25-2016, 11:14 AM
I don't feel comfortable in pants; a skirt or dress feels far better. I never thought of neuropathy, which I have, as a reason, have to think about this.

ChristinaK
09-25-2016, 11:33 AM
I get to dress so often now, I feel like Jaz mine nailed how I feel. When in drab, I'm crossdressing as a man. I really dislike having to go male to pick up my daughter from school. Lately, I keep my hair feminine though. Let them talk. This weekend, while speaking to my son and his girlfriend, I told them about my haircut. They were both surprised I had had one. My hair was totally feminine. I wonder what my son thinks.