PDA

View Full Version : Contradiction

Nyla F
09-25-2016, 08:02 PM
It bugs me that my wife likes watching The show Transparent, yet we are in a DADT relationship.

I just had to get that off my chest.

-Nyla

alwayshave
09-25-2016, 08:24 PM
Women can be very accepting of things that don't effect their own lives.

Micki_Finn
09-25-2016, 08:25 PM
I enjoy watching Game of Thrones but that doesn't mean I want to go around whacking people with a sword. Instead of resenting her for it, maybe use it as an opportunity to start a dialog.

AlyssaJ
09-25-2016, 08:57 PM
This is how my wife is too and she admits it herself. She can accept anyone else's gender identities and dressing to match (even our oldest child) but when it comes to me she can't deal with it. It's become a source of contention for us as well.

Nyla F
09-25-2016, 09:06 PM
Alwayshave - I understand what you are saying, it's a lot different when it is your own spouse

Micki - we have had many conversations. Over time I've been able to be more clear about myself, I'm more at peace with myself than ever before. But my wife still doesn't understand. I don't think she realizes we all don't want to live full time as a woman.

Alice_2014_B
09-25-2016, 10:01 PM
Not so much a contradiction as a matter of perception.
It can be very different when something is close to home.
:)

Tracii G
09-25-2016, 10:36 PM
This is just me but of the women I know they tend to be two faced and talk about each other behind their backs.
I'm not saying all women are like that so don't get pissed at me.
This would explain some women being accepting of others gender issues as long as its not their husband.

SherriePall
09-26-2016, 08:32 AM
On the lines of what Alice said, I believe in the theory of relativity. The closer you are related to someone, the more of a turn-off CDing becomes.

Krisi
09-26-2016, 09:16 AM
This is how my wife is too and she admits it herself. She can accept anyone else's gender identities and dressing to match (even our oldest child) but when it comes to me she can't deal with it. It's become a source of contention for us as well.

Crossdressing is one thing but when it becomes "gender identity", it's something else entirely. Your wife married what she believed was a man and now you seem to be saying that you are not or that you are not sure. That's a big stretch from wearing panties and a bra.

Pat
09-26-2016, 12:00 PM
Keep in mind that the topic of Transparent is not the character's transition, but how her transition affects her kids. It's about a trans parent, see? So the show is a "relationship show" which is a category that typically plays very strongly into a female demographic. Her liking it says nothing about the issue of transgenderism. Sorry.

jennifer0918
09-27-2016, 12:38 PM
Woman are like my SO is soooooooooo cool with Maury episode I was born a man,or strut on E! is another favorite of hers and I am Cait and don't forget RuPauls drag race if I happen to walk into the living room or bedroom and she is watching any one of these shows here come sarcasm "are you gay?""are you a try?" (by try she means transexual).I get angry and want to retort,but I think let me pick my battles.

Teresa
09-27-2016, 12:58 PM
Nyla,
I can't comment on that show but my wife totally agrees with me about objection to the MoneySupermarket series of adds . She doesn't know but I've made an official complaint about them to the Advertising Standards agency. They did reply and apologised but as usual the majority of the public either don't object or care so the minority have to suffer being insulted and upset by thoughtless and irrelevant rubbish.

Krisi,
I have to say you raise an interesting point, I'm not sure how accepting my wife would be if she thought I just had a thing about just wearing panties and a bra, admittedly if it was just an unexplained need to wear them I probably wouldn't still be doing it ,possibly because I wouldn't put my family through the pain if it was just that at my age.