PDA

View Full Version : Job Interview while dressed....

AlyssaJ
09-26-2016, 03:49 PM
Yep that's right, I had a job interview today that I attended while fully dressed. However before you get too excited, it was a phone interview :) So yeah I was here in my office dressed in a nice mini-dress, corset, stockings, heels all dressed up like I would if I were going to a professional interview. It was kinda fun even if totally safe and under the radar.

Micki_Finn
09-26-2016, 04:46 PM
I don't know that I'd go to a face to face interview dressed unless you plan to dress every day for work. In which case the muddled laws around sexuality and gender identity work in your favor and if the interviewer in any way implies that your dressing is a reason for not hiring you, you could have a good discrimination case.

Lana Mae
09-26-2016, 06:08 PM
Micki, except here in NC. That is what HB2 is really about! Prejudicial hiring and firing of the LGBTQ+ community!!! Hugs Lana Mae

Stephanie47
09-26-2016, 06:26 PM
Exactly Lana, the majority of states do not have anti-discrimination laws protecting transgender men and women. Washington State has very anti-discrimination laws in employment, housing and public accommodations.

Micki_Finn
09-26-2016, 06:37 PM
Currently 21 States I believe have sexual orientation non-discrimination laws and 18 or so have gender identity laws so it's a start at least. Not sure if they're going to make another run at getting the ENDA passed, but if we can get it passed, we'll be protected on a federal level. Not to sound cliche but write your senator!

AlyssaJ
09-26-2016, 08:36 PM
I don't know that I'd go to a face to face interview dressed unless you plan to dress every day for work. In which case the muddled laws around sexuality and gender identity work in your favor and if the interviewer in any way implies that your dressing is a reason for not hiring you, you could have a good discrimination case.

Agreed, I have no desire to go to a face-to-face interview dressed. But that's what made this one fun. Since it was a phone interview I could do it no problem :)

Jenniferathome
09-26-2016, 08:42 PM
... all dressed up like I would if I were going to a professional interview. ...

What kind of profession do you think would find a mini-dress, corset, stockings, and heels, appropriate? Stripper?

AlyssaJ
09-26-2016, 08:48 PM
Perhaps mini-dress is the best description, it's similar to the one below only with long sleeves. Corset is underneath everything so unseen, stockings are worn such that the tops are hidden up under the skirt (no different then pantyhose) and heels are always appropriate business attire.

krissy
09-26-2016, 08:51 PM
Awesome Lisa
you got me lol

Maria 60
09-26-2016, 08:59 PM
I believe I would probably feel more relaxed dressed. Must be funny thinking if only the person on the other side of the phone only knew how you were dressed. Thanks for sharing sounds like fun, I have to try it sometime.

phili
09-27-2016, 07:47 AM
Good way to let the subtle psychological aspects of crossdressing come out- and then paving the way to be more the way you want at the new job.

CONSUELO
09-27-2016, 12:35 PM
I've lost count of the number of teleconferences that I have attended dressed in just my nightgown and peignoir. I used to wonder what the other participants were wearing. A good thing it was not video conferencing.

Kate Simmons
09-27-2016, 01:20 PM
It's actually your choice whether or not you want to do a live interview en femme. I remember one gal on here did that as she worked in a thrift store while en femme. :)

CD Tammy
09-27-2016, 01:55 PM
I haven't been to a job interview in many years but when I landed this job the interviewer had no idea that under my suit I was wearing a teddy and stockings but I did. It made me smile more.

NicoleScott
09-27-2016, 03:15 PM
What kind of profession do you think would find a mini-dress, corset, stockings, and heels, appropriate? Stripper?

This, from someone who started a thread "Why is the negative so easily assumed".

Dana44
09-27-2016, 03:31 PM
Lisa, good going. perhaps if you get the job you can work at home as a babe.

Meagan01
09-27-2016, 06:58 PM
HA! I did just the same thing last week!! I had to put on my Power Suit!!!!!

Alice_2014_B
09-27-2016, 09:06 PM
Hahaha!
I knew there was something, Lol.
As long as it was fun.
:)