PDA

View Full Version : What about Adam's apple?

Penny
02-27-2006, 08:49 AM
Of Adam's apple will someone speak
and help me with advice I seek

Always present, there to protrude
Sticking out when my neck is nude

Raising up when I have to speak
Dropping down leaves a questioned peek

Wear a necklace and others may see
Is that just, or is it just me?

So beautiful scarf or my turtleneck new
Always a dilemma, what's a girl to do?

Sharon
02-27-2006, 09:43 AM
So beautiful scarf or my turtleneck new

Actually, the scarf or turtleneck is a good way to hide your neck.

Also, nicely styled hair and a well done make-up job, particularly on your eyes, will help draw attention away from your neck.

Meanwhile, avoid drinking large gulps of liquid. :)

GypsyKaren
02-27-2006, 10:01 AM
You know, if the only thing you have to worry about when you go out is a lump in your throat, then I think you're doing all right, and I wouldn't worry about it.

Karen

Rachael Warren
02-27-2006, 03:46 PM
The way I look at it is this.

How many people would know to look that closely for an anatomical feature like an Adams apple?

Would the average person in the street even know that it is a male only feature?

A medical doctor might notice it, but will be understanding. Another crossdresser might, but I doubt they would say ought!

Do you even look at other peoples necks? It's eyes face and figure in general.

If someone looks there you are already made and they probably looked at your hands or mannerisms first.

TracyDeluxe
02-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Actually, back when I was living as a man, that was one of the things I heard most often, i.e., "You can always tell *them* by their Adam's apple."

However, there are "Adam's apples", and there are "Adam's apples. Mine was both prominent and pointy, so I had a trache shave. It's better now, but by no means perfect.

Scarves, turtlenecks, etc., however, can make it a moot point.

Lisa Marie
02-27-2006, 06:40 PM
I consider myself lucky I dont have a large adams apple at all.

SherriePall
02-27-2006, 06:47 PM
I have been told that I don't have a prominent Adam's Apple. Whether it's true or not, I can't say, but I have gone out with it.

Julie York
02-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Women always (ok not always but it is a feminine thing) expose the throat area. Check out the normal exposure of flesh in that neck shoulder area compared to a man. No wonder Dracula has a hard time.

Anyway I found that I could cover up my adams apple by wearing neck stretching hoops. It gives me an exotic African look and also takes attetnion away from my knobbly knees.

:D

Jillian_Faith
02-27-2006, 10:24 PM
For what it is worth; athough a prominent Adam's apple on a woman is not a common sight it is not an abnormality either. Everyday, you can go to the mall and observe women with varying degrees of very visible Adam's apples. Even in film and TV there are extremely attractive women with noticeable Adam's apples/protruding windpipes. Examples include Sandra Bullock, Meg Ryan, Jeri Ryan, and Francesca Neri. Goto the www.imdb.com (http://www.imdb.com) site or other sites and you can see having a somewhat visible adam's apple is not a definite tell.

kim in n.c.
02-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Dear , dear Penney
such a nice little ditty
But, if there looking up there
Your forms are to bitty:cheeky:

cdsheri6977
03-08-2006, 02:58 AM
befor my mom past a way she told me why dont you cut that hair what is it you want to be a girl or something, i would just laught (but in side im saying hell ya mom) then she said one day when she was on me about my hair you got the neck for it you dont have one of those bumbs in your neck, i just smiled.

sheri:doll: