PDA

View Full Version : Is hose a give away?

valerie anne
10-04-2016, 03:48 PM
I love to wear pantyhose and more especially stockings & garter/suspender belts with tight straps!!

But I observe that the majority of genetic women tend to wear trousers or go bare legged, at least in summer. In fact the only women in hose & heels are power dressing businesswomen.

Does shiny hose now identify the crossdresser?

Lorileah
10-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Hooters: I didn't realize that the servers were all CDs. Oh yeah and dancers...wait...cheerleaders...the people working out on spin cycles at the gym

seems hardly enough to keep hosiery and shoe manufactures in business though...I mean, how many power business women are there in the world?

Alice_2014_B
10-04-2016, 04:07 PM
I personally do not believe pantyhose and such are a give-away, I can see it being that, in a way.
Sometimes I go bare-legged, sometimes p'hose.
:)

CynthiaD
10-04-2016, 04:41 PM
I certainly hope not. I wear pantyhose all day every day, male mode or female mode. Usually the light tan sheer ones. But I'm prone to blood clots and my doctor wants me to wear them all the time. I would anyway. I love the tight feeling on my legs.

If you get busted, just start complaining about your circulatory problems.

Tracii G
10-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Yeah all the servers in Hooter's are crossdresser guys.

Lana Mae
10-04-2016, 05:03 PM
Let's not forget all the genetic women who get all dressed up for church every Sunday and maybe Wednesday! (Sorry Ladies I put down generic first) I see women with them on at times. AND the hosiery companies are not going broke. So, I guess we are OK! Hugs Lana Mae

Kendra Sue
10-04-2016, 05:09 PM
Doctor told my wife to wear teds when she was in the hospital

BLUE ORCHID
10-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Hi Valerie Anne:hugs:, I really don't thing so...:daydreaming:...

DIANEF
10-04-2016, 05:59 PM
My legs area a pretty good shape, but the skin isn't that great so always wear tights, mostly black sheers or opaque (find them really sexy for some reason). I do have some stockings which get a rare outing every now and again. My SO never wears tights, then again she rarely wears dresses or skirts. I would have to disagree about the businesswomen thing, most of the girls I worked with (mainly SAs) wore tights (and heels often) and most women I know do.

Kendra Sue
10-04-2016, 06:36 PM
I heard that. If only all the men customers knew that! LOL

JenniferMBlack
10-04-2016, 06:43 PM
I read somewhere pantyhose/ stockings are kind of regional. Meaning in the cooler climate more women wear them in in the warmer ones. Besides that all I remember about the article is. It was about travel and being seen as a tourist.

VioletDoll
10-04-2016, 06:46 PM
My legs are so banged up, I'd be mortified to go bare legged. (Skateboarding teenager)
Hose and tights for me, thank you.

Julogden
10-04-2016, 09:26 PM
For 99.9% of CD's, hose are not what will give us away. ;)

Heidi Stevens
10-04-2016, 09:52 PM
I live in an area where it is over 90F over 90 days a year. The only ones wearing hose are in air conditioning the entire time. My legs are good enough to go bear legged all summer, so I do.

AlyssaJ
10-04-2016, 10:11 PM
I still see plenty of women, young, middle-aged and older wearing pantyhose quite often and not just in professional or formal settings. Yes it is much less often than it used to be to be sure, but there are women I am friends with who I know "believe in the power of hose" and wear them quite often. At best they might draw some attention to you that could lead others to noticing other signs that you're not a GG, but even then likely only if you make bad fashion choices that most women wouldn't make.

Sara Jessica
10-04-2016, 10:20 PM
For 99.9% of CD's, hose are not what will give us away. ;)

But they're a darned good start!!!

docrobbysherry
10-04-2016, 10:27 PM
I wear skin tone tites when it's 98 if I'm dressing to go out. In male mode I'd be bare legged and in shorts. But, all Robert cares about is comfort. All Sherry cares about r her looks!

Yeah all the servers in Hooter's are crossdresser guys.
That's true, Tracii! Here's proof----:daydreaming:

dolovewell
10-04-2016, 11:08 PM
I dont wear pantyhose, I just make sure to shave my legs and make sure they are moisturized. But I have younger legs that are still in good shape skin wise.

Scarlett398
10-04-2016, 11:41 PM
I wouldn't ever wear pantyhose. Way too old school. Women don't wear them anymore. I do love to wear black and brown opaque tights. So very sexy with riding and slouch boots in black or brown and the tights and boots are so much more comfortable and even sexier than heels and hose in my opinion. Wear the above with a short flounce, skater, or circle skirt and you are on a very classy and sexy look....Scarlett

MissJoanne
10-05-2016, 12:41 AM
In fact the only women in hose & heels are power dressing businesswomen.

And that's the image I present, so nyloned legs don't look out of place on me.

ellbee
10-05-2016, 01:53 AM
OMG, Sherry! Is there anything you *haven't* done yet? :roflmao: :thumbsup:

Yes, some women (of all ages) who I know still wear hose sometimes. Though it's also not a whole lot of them, or terribly often.

I just usually do tights (fashion or dance), if I go that route. Seems to be a bit more common, at least in my neck of the woods. I don't even remember the last time I bought pantyhose -- too many runs can get frustrating & expensive. Not worth, IMO.

And whoever said hose isn't what gives us away? :laughing:

True dat!

Even when I'm at my best, my worst offenders are hands (yes, I have man-hands, what a surprise! LOL), shoulders (not even all that broad) & voice (pretty decent, but limited, and need to always practice over time). And even at 5'9", I feel like I'm pushing it... So flats are a must-wear out in public, in my eyes.

Fortunately, there are things that can be done to help alleviate all that -- but doing so does restrict me in various ways. I guess beggars can't be choosers? :strugglin

Ashley090
10-05-2016, 02:12 AM
I aaaaam not sure but I think we are mixing some terms here. :) Classic hose (stockings) with garter belt arent exact give away for cd but if someone finds out, you probably got unwanted antention since girls dont wear them causualy (at least not in my country). If we talk about modern pantyhose then those are common these days. Nothing special so no need to worry about anything. And for some cd's like me who cant shave legs (reasons like keep it all a secret) are pantyhose only way while wearing skirt or dresses :)

sometimes_miss
10-05-2016, 03:38 AM
Does shiny hose now identify the crossdresser?
If you're a guy and obviously wearing shiny hose, yeah!

Doctor told my wife to wear teds when she was in the hospital
TEDS & Jobst support stockings don't look like shiny pantyhose. The white ones might pass for white work stockings nurses wear. But not anything the average male would wear. At least until he's about 75, along with those huge sunglasses that cover regular glasses.

abby054
10-05-2016, 04:04 AM
If hose give away a CD, Duchess Kate Middleton is in trouble. High end hosiery makes her gorgeous legs look magnificent.

deebra
10-05-2016, 06:16 AM
The OP asked a simple question, it doesn't deserve the negative comments some have posted, this negativity has been mentioned before. If a man is seen wearing shiny hose he will be identified as a crossdresser. Shiny hose are made for women to wear, men's clothing don't require shiny hose. Older people with vein problems wear compression stockings and medical grade stockings but not shiny hose. If you like em, wear em; it's no body else's business what you wear and you'll be getting more people use to seeing gender fluid dressing of clothes if they are seen. You might consider wearing them under jeans but not under shorts, if you wear a dress wear them.

CarlaWestin
10-05-2016, 07:12 AM
Thanks, Sherry! Now there's another fantasy outfit I have to get. (Googling Hooters retail locations in Las Vegas.)

Vickie_CDTV
10-05-2016, 07:40 AM
In general, the more one dresses "up" (more fancy and/or formally) the more attention someone will get, GG or trans.

Like JoAnne, I like to project the image of a businesswoman when en femme, I think hosiery just looks right and helps project that image.

(and honestly, pass or not, I would/will still wear them regardless.)

Krisi
10-05-2016, 08:35 AM
I think wearing pantyhose at inappropriate times or places is one of the "giveaways". It goes along with the heels and overdone makeup. If you are in Walmart in heels and pantyhose, you will attract a lot of attention. Church or a museum, opera, etc., not so much.

Like everything we do, we need to imitate what women do if we are to have any chance of passing or blending in.

sharonsdream
10-05-2016, 09:14 AM
I wear pantyhose all the time. Support hose recommend by my lady doctor. I even wear them with shorts while shopping with my wife. The only one that seems to notice is my wife.

Alice Torn
10-05-2016, 09:34 AM
It would be my height, huge hands, huge feet, voice, forearms , shoulders that would give me away, more likely than my hose, as has been said by a few.

Dana44
10-05-2016, 09:47 AM
Not the ones i've seen at Hooters, sometimes a real nice looking women is working.

Jodi
10-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Shiny pantyhose a giveaway as a cd? Emphatically yes! To my knowledge, the only ones now wearing shiny pantyhose are Hooters girls and trannies.

Yes, some women are still wearing pantyhose, but they try their best to keep the hose sheer and almost transparent.

If you want to be read immediately, wear shiny hose or even better wear shiny hose with shorts.

jodi

- - - Updated - - -

Shiny pantyhose a giveaway as a cd? Emphatically yes! To my knowledge, the only ones now wearing shiny pantyhose are Hooters girls and trannies.

Yes, some women are still wearing pantyhose, but they try their best to keep the hose sheer and almost transparent.

If you want to be read immediately, wear shiny hose or even better wear shiny hose with shorts.

jodi

Arriel
10-05-2016, 12:16 PM
I always wear hose when I dress. Some shiny some not depending on the outfit and desired look. As others have said I have enough physical features to give me away. I just enjoy the feel of them and I think they make my legs look more feminine.

Lorileah
10-05-2016, 12:20 PM
I even wear them with shorts while shopping with my wife. Oh yeah, we left Daisy Duke off the list :)

sharonsdream
10-10-2016, 07:53 AM
Oh yeah, we left Daisy Duke off the list :)

My shorts aren't that short but it would be fun. Who cares anyway, my legs feel a whole lot better in comp pantyhose.

Lily Catherine
10-10-2016, 08:07 AM
Dare I say shoulders, voice, demeanour and hands etc. would be much more likely to get you 'clocked' first. Most ladies I see in hosiery generally wear it as part of a uniform that resembles a skirt suit (airport staff, hotel staff etc.), or with a conservative skirt/dress at a more formal occasion. I don't like the idea of wearing stockings with shorts either; I'm slightly more forgiving towards tights worn that way, especially by dancers.