PDA

View Full Version : "Alter ego"

Samantha Clark
10-05-2016, 12:35 PM
My wife refers to Samantha as my "alter ego." I'm not sure how I feel about that. Clark Kent and Super Woman?

Do do any of your SOs have a way of referring to the femme you? And how does it make you feel?

Lana Mae
10-05-2016, 02:02 PM
Live with daughter who is accepting but does not want to see daddy in a dress. She asked what was the name of my feminine side. If she needs to mention Lana Mae she refers to Lana Mae as Lana. Hugs Lana Mae

SuzyZahn
10-05-2016, 02:56 PM
OMG!!! I`ve refered to `myself` as that at times also,and wife is in agreeement. Almost a nice code word?

Kate Simmons
10-05-2016, 03:19 PM
Yeah, my ex and I both knew who she was talking about when she spoke about "that woman". :)

Tracy Irving
10-05-2016, 05:06 PM
When out shopping, my wife will ask if (dead) aunt __________ would like this item. I would rather she just used Tracy.

Majella St Gerard
10-06-2016, 03:29 AM
I don't think of it as an alter ego I'm pretty much me no matter how I'm dressed. I have referred to taking of the clothes and makeup as going from Batman to Bruce Wayne, my son got a kick out of that line.

Maria 60
10-06-2016, 04:39 AM
It's not like I dress inappropriate, but I feel as if my only fem features are my legs, so I wear short dresses or skirts. When we are walking in a mall and we walk by a strore displaying short outfits, she will say" Im sure Maria would like that after all she dresses like a Sl&t". I tell her if you got it flaunt it. LOL

Krisi
10-06-2016, 08:14 AM
My wife doesn't have a special way of referring to me while dressed (as a woman). How does this make me feel? Well, I would feel good if she used a female name for me, bad if it was an insulting one.

Heidi Stevens
10-06-2016, 11:49 AM
My wife and I are more or less DADT, but the subject does come up now and then. Right now, Heidi is referred to as "you know who". When she goes out of town for a few days, I always get the "... and you know who is not to drive my 370Z".
At least she's not calling me the names she was when I told her about my Heidi side!

Laura28
10-06-2016, 04:40 PM
My Wife calls me Jackie, she said she need a name to call me i said i like Laura she said no that not a good fit. So she calls me Jackie and i call myself Laura.

Kendra Sue
10-06-2016, 04:59 PM
I am Kendra but around my wife we somtimes call me Lucy or Hazel. As in I'm going to have to fire her for not keeping up with the house work

Kandi Robbins
10-06-2016, 05:23 PM
I'm lucky, no doubt. She simply refers to her as Kandi, which is pretty much they way I refer to her as well.

Natalie cupcake
10-06-2016, 08:00 PM
My wife will ask if Natalie wants to come over or if she wants to go out. Doesn't bother me. My mind instantly goes to thinking OMG what am I going to wear?

AlyssaJ
10-06-2016, 08:12 PM
It's kind of a mixed bag with my wife. She doesn't yet refer to my female persona as "that woman" or "Lisa" or anything. However, she has on multiple occasions talked about how there's a second woman in our marriage now. How I have this other woman in side me. I'll be honest, as a NB, I actually wish she didn't look at it that way. It's all me, I'm not a man, not a woman, I am me. Whether I choose to present as a woman today, as a man today or as something androgynously between them, it's always me. Now when she finally get to the point of being able to see and interact with me in full female attire (we're moving slowly from a DADT situation to fully out) then I do hope she uses sex specific pronouns and name that match my presentation (he, him, my male name when I'm presenting male or androgynous; she, her, Lisa when I'm presenting female).

Periwinkle
10-06-2016, 11:46 PM
I'm still just myself when I'm dressed. Even in a wig and a dress, it's very hard for me or anyone else to see me as a completely different person. Probably because I've been doing this for as long as I can remember. All the people closest to me are very used to seeing me dressed, so I suppose rather than being like "Oh hey, it's Ted's female alter-ego, Periwinkle," most people's reactions are "Oh hey, Ted's in a dress again." That's totally alright with me though. It's never really been my intention to create a completely different persona.

josie_S
10-06-2016, 11:57 PM
My SO doesn't know so that isn't an issue (plenty of other issues with her not knowing, believe me I KNOW) but I tend to not think of "Josie" as my alter ego..it's just me, looking as pretty as I can, and that seems to let me be softer in my personality as well. I like knowing that the softer side of me exists and I'm doing my best to not confine it to just "Josie time" if that makes sense :P

IleneD
10-07-2016, 12:56 AM
Funny, because this question came up during The Talk (the coming out talk). And I couldn't answer because I'd never given it much thought. I was Tom. I'd always known myself as Tom and people called me Tom. I was Tom, and this female form living inside of me was also Tom. She was me.

I'm kind of fetched with the idea of a Nome de Femme. A little flair, I suppose. I picked IleneD as a play on my mother's maiden name, simply to enter this forum. Yet I like the idea of living in my mom's name.
But the answer, rooted in reality, is that I am Tom...... for now

Dana44
10-07-2016, 02:02 AM
My SO is supportive but has never called me by my fem name. Reminds me of the song, "You never even call me by my name."
I don't really know why it is so hard. so I just grin and bear it..

Kiwi Primrose
10-07-2016, 02:19 AM
I occasionally get "Primrose" but I have been doing this for so long there is no need for a special name.
More important to both of us us the search for vintage clothing like the 1950s bikini she found for me today.

TrulyMe
10-07-2016, 03:57 AM
For me I don't have an alter ego - its just me. The clothes don't change me; they are just things I wear.

Alice Torn
10-07-2016, 04:09 AM
I am always astonished at how the vast majority on here, actually have wives! I have not met a woman yet, that accepts me crossdressing, period! You are all so very fortunate to have tolerating to accepting girlfriends, and wives! I thought when i got on this forum, it would be mostly loners like me, at 62,still no SO/wife, no accepting single women in my age range I have found.

Lily Catherine
10-07-2016, 04:40 AM
I'd like to think I don't have an alter ego - the entity hereafter referred to as Lily is simply James in a dress at best. I don't consider them entirely distinct - I don't think differently when dressed. Maybe I'll just be more self-aware, or more restrained in movement depending on what I'm wearing.

This being said, among those who know and tolerate, I am referred to Lily in the right contexts ("Is Lily cosplaying at the upcoming convention?", usually said in jest. I haven't bothered to crossplay yet.).

I don't have an SO yet. Not that I am waiting either. Not that I am currently dating in the first place.

CarlaWestin
10-07-2016, 06:54 AM
My Daughter likes the name Carla but, the wife only refers to it as, "Whatever" or, "Go put some socks on so I don't have to see that!"