PDA

View Full Version : Saving the bags like they were trophy's of my exploits =)

redtea
10-07-2016, 10:57 PM
I'm saving the bag of each store I shop at (5 so far) Just for sentimental value...except for target and kohl's I don't save cheap plastic bags. But for bigger bags like the American eagle or Aeropostal I save them. I also got a quality bag from a local lingerie store which started this trend of bag saving.

Anyone else save their bags from unique/quality stores? Or is it just me because i'm not as brave as you and treat each shopping trip like it's a Superbowl in my mind!

Ozark
10-08-2016, 12:05 AM
Well, I do have maybe a dozen Vanity Fair outlet bags. But what I have saved in my top dresser drawer... hang tags...

Tracii G
10-08-2016, 12:07 AM
They are good for storing sweaters in the summer.
I save mine too and I don't know why LOL

JenniferMBlack
10-08-2016, 12:28 AM
I use to then 4 moves later they are all gone. I do have a few bags from here and there for the sake of haveing a bag, but not so much as trophies. Also have some hang tags if I think they are neat looking.

Alice_2014_B
10-08-2016, 01:02 AM
I do not, but it sounds pretty cool to do.
:)

BLUE ORCHID
10-08-2016, 06:21 AM
Hi Redtea:hugs:, Glad to know that I am not the only one that does that...:daydreaming:...

Hi Tracii:hugs:, Something that I have found at the dollartree stores is a box of five 2.5gallon ziplock bags
great for keeping my heels in and many other items too...:daydreaming:...

Helen_Highwater
10-08-2016, 07:10 AM
It never occurred to me to keep bags but I can see the attraction. I have got the ticket from my first trip to the cinema enfemme tucked away in my purse. It's a reminder that it's not such a big thing to do. Just needs a big breath and a JDI attitude.

Maria 60
10-08-2016, 07:19 AM
There's a place that sells discount pantyhose and they have a perselized bag that I like the print on it. I don't save it but I do use it for other things. And its pretty cool that I bring these bag everywhere with me, even though it has a print of a comic looking women wearing a t- shirt with the store name and control top pantyhose on. I can't seem to throw it out.

Tracy Irving
10-08-2016, 08:42 AM
I saved a few bags from Victoria's Secret. I can't bring myself to throw them out... yet.

wendy
10-08-2016, 08:50 AM
I don't save the bags, but I do keep the price tag/tags from clothing that I've purchased as trophys. One of my biggest "trophy" collection comes from buying swimsuits, most women's swimsuits have a hygienic sticker in the crotch area, I save those as my trophy collection.

CarlaWestin
10-08-2016, 10:10 AM
There's a validity here just in the fact that viewing these trophies makes you smile and be happy.
We all need little moments of 'Be Happy' in our lives. I save all of the tags from the fabulous bras I've bought.
When I see them, I experience 'Happy'!

Diane Smith
10-08-2016, 10:57 PM
I have enough trouble just finding room for all my clothes and shoes. If I kept all the bags and boxes as well, I would probably need to move out of the house.

How about taking pictures of them and organizing the photos neatly by date, location and the items purchased on your computer somewhere. That would give you an easier way to revisit your memories and wouldn't take up any physical space to speak of.

- Diane

redtea
10-09-2016, 01:26 AM
I saved a few bags from Victoria's Secret. I can't bring myself to throw them out... yet.

I will Frame my VS bag should I someday get it. VS is the "final level" in my massive 51 level game of pushing boundaries.

I'm sure by then I will be outted to my family and a completely different man. i will be a truth or dare legend :daydreaming:

Teresa
10-09-2016, 06:27 AM
Redtea,
We are being levied on plastic bags in the UK now, it's important we reduce the use of them so now I have to carry my own bags when I shop. I have one bag that my seamstress friend put a dress in , it has a Union Jack on it , I use it all the time when I go into charity shops, maybe it is sort of a trophy bag.

Kiersten
10-09-2016, 07:52 AM
I do not, but my wife does.

AllieSF
10-09-2016, 01:42 PM
I have a big paper store bag into which I put all the other paper bags for recycling back to the thrift stores that always appreciate that type of donation.

VivienneH
10-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Good for you! Quite right.