PDA

View Full Version : re falling down

maid phylis
02-27-2006, 01:52 PM
this is something that happened to me two weeks ago while going home from a cdi party.i was given a ride by one of the girls to the street where i could catch my subway train to go home.well everything was ok as i made my way down the stairs to the subway station.well my regular direction was blocked off and i had to go around to the other side of the platform.as i started down the stairs something happened and i fell down the stairs.now here i am wearing a very pretty red dress and a fur coat carrying my purse and somehow my heel must have caught something as ,as soon as i started down i was falling ,so i just curled up as tight as i could and just let gravity win.i hit the bottom in a mess and all of a sudden someone had helped me up and another person gave me my hat and my makeup which had fallen out of my bag.they asked me are you ok miss and i was ok just a scrape on my leg so i put on my hat and made my way down the next set of stairs and to my train.when i was waiting for the train i noticed that my knee was bleeding and my stockings were ripped ,but i can always buy another pair .thank -- i was ok and i went home .well the moral of this story is be very cafefull going down stairs and be glad that there are people out there that will help a woman in trouble.love phylisanne:be:

JoAnnDallas
02-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Glad your OK, Heels and stairs can be real problem. If the stairs are the metal holey type, even worst. Glad that there was some great people to help you. I was in NYC once and saw a lady fall when she got her heel stuck in a grate. I also notice no one went to her aid, so I did. She very thankful and when I was sure she was not injured, we parted ways.

Hope your injury is not bad.

JoAnn

maid phylis
02-27-2006, 02:36 PM
:D dear joanne thank you for the lovely reply .i am happy that you enjoyed your stay in our city and that was a real big thing you did helping that woman.sometimes here in our city people are just anxious to get where they are going and dont want to get involved so they just rush by without seeing .but you helped and thats what counts .and i am ok thank you so much and now i take my time going down the stairs.love phylisanne

Mia001
02-27-2006, 02:38 PM
Hi,

I hope you're okay Phylis. A fall like that can be traumatic at the best of times but when you were out dressed it must have been a total nightmare.

Like Joann said, though, at least there were people there who helped you.

Take care,

Mark.

cosmolovesph
02-27-2006, 02:41 PM
Scary and glad you are OK.

Sounds like this was or should be a confidence builder for many..

Laurie Ann
02-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Glad your ok with nothing more than a scraped knee and some ruined stockings. I am glad it all turned out well for you.

Roxane
02-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Hi

Just thought I would share a picture of my leg after a fall down the stairs.. I can't even blame my heels as had not put them on yet.

We should all be careful. My leg was very colourfull for weeks.

Hugs Rox's
PS I hope that not to much leg!

Penny
02-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Was glad to hear that you'r OK
and others came to save the day

For what's important after all
is be picked up when hence we fall

Those heels, those heels oh heven knows
they keep us always on our toes:cheeky:

julie lavender
02-27-2006, 05:39 PM
Hi

Just thought I would share a picture of my leg after a fall down the stairs.. I can't even blame my heels as had not put them on yet.

We should all be careful. My leg was very colourfull for weeks.

Hugs Rox's
PS I hope that not to much leg!
ouch Roxane,that really looks so sore,what is the tatoo, of, if you want to tell,hugs julie.;)

Roxane
02-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Hi Julie

Its a Rose my wife got me for my 30th birthday.

Hugs Rox's

Jodi
02-27-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm very comfortable in heels and told by gg's that I wear them well, but when decending stairs, I always hold onto the railing and am conscious of every step. Maybe I'm just overcautious, but falls can happen anytime.

Jodi

maid phylis
02-27-2006, 09:03 PM
dear sisters thank you all so much for your kind words ,you all have made me feel real close to all of you .this is a great group of girl friends that i am proud to belong.all my love to all phylisanne:balloons: :cheer: :dancing:

talkwithmelissa
02-27-2006, 10:40 PM
I am glad to hear that you are OK. I'll be thinking of you when I go down the subway steps in the near future most likely to visit CDI.