PDA

View Full Version : Finally LEGAL 😲

Felicia Dee
10-08-2016, 08:17 PM
Sooooo this happened:

I had gone to the DMV (BMV in Ohio) to get new stickers for my license plates a few days ago. While I was there, I asked them about the paperwork to change my gender marker, because for some reason, they do that... And I asked them if they would need any other information once my name was changed BEFORE I came in to get a new license with all the corrected info...

Well, they told me I could drop off the paperwork at any time and they could just keep it on file.... The idea being, I would be updated in the system, and when I was ready, I could come in with my name change information and then they would issue me a new license with new name / picture and updated gender info.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

So I went back today to give them the specific paperwork they needed and they decide to fax it in to the main office. I was gonna leave, but they asked me to wait a few minutes so, I did...

When they called me up, they told me because I don't resemble my current license anymore and because I have a new address they decided they were just going to go ahead and update my license with all the correct information, INCLUDING MY NEW GENDER...

Of course the name is wrong buuuut...

As of today, I am officially, legally female. 😁

HOLY. CRAP! ❤

grace7777
10-08-2016, 09:36 PM
That is so awesome that you were able to get your gender marker changed. I cannot wait for the day when I will be able to get my name and gender marker changed.

Tommie.
10-08-2016, 10:12 PM
Legally female and super cute too! Congrats!

Rianna Humble
10-09-2016, 03:50 AM
That is awesome! Now you just need the courts to get your name right.

BOBBI G.
10-09-2016, 08:45 AM
My question along this line is, does this change your birth certificate as well, or does the state still require a surgeons letter. I was born in Ohio a long, long time ago and, as of a year ago, that was still needed to change the certificate. I have lived in Florida since the 60's and all my paperwork here states I am a female. The final document is the cert. If any one knows the answer to this please post it. I would be most appreciative.

Bobbi

I Am Paula
10-09-2016, 11:06 AM
Congratulations, you got an F in sex.

Georgette_USA
10-09-2016, 02:20 PM
Bobbi

Welcome to the NOT SO United States. Each state has their own regulations on changing Birth Certificates. Plus they do change over time. Some also applies to change name on same.

I was born in Illinois, in 1977 they required a surgeon letter, have heard they are changing.
My partner born in WASH DC, in 1977 they didn't change Birth Cert, now they will issue an amended one.
Some states will issue a modified one.

You might google TS change birth certificate, Here is a link to at least one source and what needs to be done.

http://www.drbecky.com/birthcert.html

Janelle_C
10-09-2016, 04:57 PM
Congratulations!!! I'm very happy for you!

jennifer0918
10-16-2016, 02:18 AM
So cool,good for you .