PDA

View Full Version : Meeting other ladies?

Ashley Nicole
10-09-2016, 03:15 PM
Good afternoon, everyone!

Lately, I have been dressing more and more (even got a profile pic added!). I'm super excited about it, but I get a little bored in my current situation. I'd like to be able to meet some other like-minded people in the area (shopping, lunch, and whatnot), but I'm not really sure how to go about meeting them.

Any suggestions?

Genny B
10-09-2016, 03:22 PM
I had tried google searching several what I thought were key words. It was actually on here where I learned of one close to me! Your post will probably be the tool to help you out! Also check out the Forum 'Upcoming Events!'

Genny B

Tracii G
10-09-2016, 03:32 PM
Join a trans support group in your area thats what I did and I have made some very good friends there.
Like Genny said search here for members close by.
You have to put out the effort and don't complain later about not being able to find any one because they are out there.
Don't just try once and give up get yourself out there and you will find some trans friends.

VivienneH
10-09-2016, 05:10 PM
I'd love to try this at some point. I've never been out in public though so I'd perhaps be better meeting in drab and then possibly changing?

Barbaramoi
10-09-2016, 06:06 PM
Have been out now a few times by myself. I tried initially the route of going through the local Swiss trans group but somewhow they were so... Swiss. Only these weekends at these resorts etc... I thought, bugger that! I´ll just do my own thang and that has worked out for me until now. Although every time in public is still a test of bravery. I´d love to meet up with other ladies and go for an afternoon out shopping or coffee etc.. but here it´s all still quite provincial.

Genny B
10-09-2016, 06:06 PM
Most groups will help you with that Vivienne. I have seen individuals show in drab, some change later, some came dressed the next time. Personally, I would dress the first time! You will be glad you did. I had a makeover before I went to my first one and that really helped!
Genny B

docrobbysherry
10-09-2016, 06:43 PM
I had the most fun at a BBQ last nite on the beach here in SoCal. With girls I met at T events in Vegas.:drink:

I'm used to seeing them once a year. 2 came with their SO's. One from Utah, another from the East Coast and a few other T girls came down from LA.

I strongly recommend those of u that can travel? Get out to some of the major T events around the country. You could make friends for life there!:hugs:
I have.:)

Tracii G
10-09-2016, 07:17 PM
You say your area is so provincial Barbara but you might be surprised.
I figured that would be the case for me being in the bible belt here in the USA where the redneck country folk live and I have found them to be the most accepting.
You treat them with respect they do the same right back to you.

Marcelo
10-09-2016, 07:33 PM
Found a MeetUp in your area. https://www.meetup.com/Tulsa-Feminine-Expression/

Heidi Stevens
10-09-2016, 08:03 PM
Hey, Ashley, welcome to the forum. There is some stuff going on in our area of the country despite us being in Bible Belt!
N.W. Arkansas has some things happening and check out Eureka Springs. It's a very open community that has stuff every month. Maybe we will run into each other sometime.

reb.femme
10-10-2016, 05:03 PM
Hi Ashley,

Joining a group was the key to my liberation. Now I go out shopping dressed and am very comfortable with it. Plus, I met Katey888 from here (or should that be 666) for a club night out in the UK called Pink Punters. Next on my list is a UK meet up in London called the Drab Drink. Just to be different though, I'm dressing for said occasion. :)

It just ends up snowballing from a very small step to a major wing spread.

Becky