PDA

View Full Version : Question on wig colors

Deborah
02-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Does your wig match your natural hair color and style (drab)?

My wig is the same color as my natural hair. The parting on my wig though is higher up on the left side then my real hair goes. Once my natural hair grows longer i'll have to train it to match the wig. That would be nice.

DanaJ
02-27-2006, 06:07 PM
I have some wigs that match my hair color, but part of the fun of wigs is trying different colors and styles :)

Julie Avery
02-27-2006, 06:11 PM
There are women who look gorgeous in pink wigs. Having seen your lovely profile pic, I am quite sure that, beyond that comment, I can't offer you advice.

Rachael Warren
02-27-2006, 06:25 PM
My current hair is a close match to my natural hair colour, I have had the wig cut by a hairdresser too.

The main advantage in choosing a match is getting the makeup right for your skin tone.

I started out a redhead, then went blonde, I have had my best results with my natural colour though.

Amanduhrob
02-27-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm not fond of my natural color, but do have two wigs that match my brown hair. I prefer my red, auburn and blonde wigs thou.

TracyDeluxe
02-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Mine matches what my natural color would be at my age. If it really matched my natural color, my wig would be "pink and shiny", LOL!

Amelie
02-27-2006, 06:31 PM
I don't try to match my own hair color. I have wigs in blonde, red, black, pink, orange, and white. I especially like making my eye brows a dark black and wearing a pure white wig, I love the contrast between the white hair and the dark eye brows, sort of like the bombshells of the fifties.

Lisa Marie
02-27-2006, 06:39 PM
I have gone through several colors of wigs. Strawberry Blonde and My own natural hair color dark brown is what ive been going with.

SherriePall
02-27-2006, 06:50 PM
When I bought my current "hair replacement" (The beauty shop owner said it was not a wig! probably because it cost more!) he tried to find one that best fit my skin tones. It's light brown with ashe blonde highlights. If I remember correctly, years ago my hair was light brown.

annekathleen
02-27-2006, 07:28 PM
First wig is med lenght blonde matches the wifes hair,
Second wig is long brown hair matches my real color
Third wig is a sassy short redish auburn wig..looks like Lisa Renna
(soap opera star)

Veronica E. Scott
02-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Curriently I don't have a wig and I am letting my hair grow out it is driving my wife nuts,shee wants to know when I am going to get it cut.(when it reaches my but I think)

Penny
02-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Sometimes I like to have my tress
Match my lips, my eyes and dress

rexy
02-27-2006, 08:35 PM
MINE DOES NOT MATCH MY HAIR BECAUSE I AM MOSTLY BALD !!:thumbsup:

Francesca Chantel
02-27-2006, 09:17 PM
I have a reddish wig, but my natural hair color is 'bright friggin red' so it's very hard to match my shade. lol

Gail Stauffer
02-28-2006, 03:15 AM
as you can see in my avatar I wear a golden blond wig, my normal hair is shorter and more of a reddish brown color. I love my pretty wig though, what do you think?

Maddie Nolan
02-28-2006, 07:30 AM
I tried to get a wig that was as close to my natural colour as possible, working on the theory that my hair was that colour because it suited me better than anything else. Nature knows best! My wig is a little lighter than my natural colour but still a pretty good match.
The big bonus is, it has no grey in it!!!!

JoAnnDallas
02-28-2006, 09:46 AM
My wig no way matches my natural hair color. No way am I going out en fem with grey hair. Yes that is a wig I am wearing in my avatar.

wendy
02-28-2006, 01:03 PM
I have two wigs, a black wig and a blonde wig. I bought the black as it matches my hair and eye brows, but I bought the blonde just because some days I want to be a blonde, but it definitely clashes with my eye brows.

Penny
02-28-2006, 01:11 PM
THAT DARN WIG

I hankered fur a new wig
ta match my pardy dress

But when I put ur on me
That darn thing looked a mess

I parted ur and combed ur
fur all the world ta see

Now I come ta reckon
tain't that good on me!

Aloha_Dana
02-28-2006, 04:34 PM
I have to admit, that my anxiety towards my first wig purchases were warranted. I knew that getting the right color and style to match your complextion and features would be difficult. And seeing that wigs are $$$, I was totally apprehensive. Specially since many vendors do not accept returns.

So my blonde is too blonde though I was like that up through my early 20's.

I have a dark brown that looks OK, but is a tad too dark.

I have a highlighted brown but the shape is horrible - so much so that I can hardly see the color.

I also have a chartruse pink that looks totally hot!

A nice wig is my next goal. And I've made up my mind the only way to get it is to go to the shop and try several on. So many things need to come together: color, shape, size, quality, etc. Buying OL is just too much of a gamble for me.

Dana

Gail Stauffer
02-28-2006, 04:52 PM
hopefully you will find something that suits you well and something you like. I know I like the one I use the one in my avatar, I really like it it's a golden blonde, I think it suits me well!! what do you think!!

Rexy Lee
02-28-2006, 04:59 PM
My natural color is silver(!), and although I have saveral wigs I am totally into the blonde bimbo look...lol!:GE:

Gail Stauffer
02-28-2006, 05:03 PM
love the avatar and profile pictures Rexy, very beautiful!!!

Rexy Lee
02-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Thanks sweetee-you made my day!

Gail Stauffer
02-28-2006, 05:08 PM
absolutely , what do you think of my look? it 's a start for me but I am awaiting my first sample foundation kit from colortration, so I can try using make up for the first time, it's me with out make up for now in my avatar!!

Lisa Marie
02-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Gail you look very cute. My wig operator told me not to use to much makeup you dont want to look like a clown. So Ive been sticking to mostly just lipstick and it has made a difference.

Gail Stauffer
02-28-2006, 06:15 PM
thanks for the advice, any thing you offer is great, I can't wait to try wearing make up!! it will be a great expereince.

veronica
03-01-2006, 12:45 AM
i have fun as a blonde or red head but mostly i enjoy pink lipgloss and shadows which seem to go well as a blonde.

did answer ?
no my hair is brown and grey:cheer:

danielle_from_cal
03-01-2006, 12:56 AM
I have both blond and brunette wigs. Why stick with one color?

Mandy Salamander
03-01-2006, 05:00 AM
all my wigs are shades of red,,, t' go with my freckles,,, my avatar 's very much like my natural color when younger,, tho' has lightened considerably over th' many.many years,,, my profile piccy shows a darker auburn...

Clare
03-01-2006, 08:07 AM
I guess it all comes down to your skin tone. Some wig colours match and some contrast with your skin.

I'm on the verge of buying my first wig and just recently went to a retail shop to try some styles and colours. Surprisingly, the best colour was close to my natural shade - light brown!

I also want the obligatory blonde colour and the best style in blonde that suited me was a short 'bob' style wig - go figure! I always wanted long hair so I could have a pony tail!

All things being equal, I would like many colours and styles of wig. Enfemme dressing/makeup can be determined around a hair style and colour in my opinion!

Here is the URL of the wig shop I went too. http://www.wigsonline.com.au Apparently a substantial portion of their sales are to the US/UK/Europe.