PDA

View Full Version : Change of plans

Maria 60
10-14-2016, 09:39 PM
Change of plans, change of plans, change of plans. Over the years I've become very optimistic, don't look forward to dressing until minutes before it has to happen. It was looking like a Friday dress night, well here comes the text message, CHANGE OF PLANS the repair guys coming tonight instead of tomorrow morning and I don't want to be here alone with him.
Three hours later I could still save some of the night right, wrong.I walk in my front door and it's supposed to be a empty house, instead there's a living room full of people. CHANGE OF PLANS we decided to watch the game here instead of going out.
I took a shower and I'm now in bed and venting here to my friends, my wife came to the room and apologizing for something that's not her fault and says " even if all the stars line up for just one night it won't be enough to have a night to myself".
The CHANGE OF PLANS is never in way of advantage it's always disadvantage. Another disappointing night, nothing new I guess. Sorry had to vent.

Jane277
10-14-2016, 10:09 PM
on the plus side, the next time you are able to dress it will feel that much better,:heehee:

AlyssaJ
10-14-2016, 10:28 PM
Sorry to hear that Maria, I know how frustrating that is. I'm going through much of the same. My wife and kids were all supposed to be gone over the weekend. I was going to have time to really go all out in femme mode. Practice makeup, paint my nails, dress all weekend long. Well then it turns out one of my kids had a school musical tonight, they're both home until late tomorrow night and Sunday I've got some commitments in the morning that will prevent me from being able to just enjoy. So my weekend turned into maybe a few hours on Sunday. I might still get 7 hours while the kids are in school on Monday, but that remains to be seen.

So hang in there, I share your frustration and I'm sure others of us know it quite well too. Just that much more to savor the next time like Jane said.

Stephanie47
10-14-2016, 11:14 PM
I feel your pain. My wife just was diagnosed with breast cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy which will be followed by surgery followed by radiation. She needs to take of work until next spring at a minimum which may extend to next September. Oh well!

Connie D50
10-15-2016, 05:10 AM
I have been there sooooo many times i feel your disappointment (pain)

Kate Simmons
10-15-2016, 06:56 AM
That's when you start telling others "change of planss". :)

DIANEF
10-15-2016, 07:27 AM
Change of plans - tell me about it!! My son decides to visit, work wants me in, my wife phones from work saying she is ill and can I come and pick her up (usually when I've just finished getting ready) I really think there is a conspiracy going on to prevent me having any time to myself....

Maria 60
10-15-2016, 03:44 PM
You said it Dianef! It's not like we are complaining or acting like sucks,yes there are worse things in life, but we are just stating the obvious. I will give you another example. I have been home every Saturday for what I believe my hole life, and everybody's always home. This morning my parents called me that they smelled gas in there house, I went to check it out and let's say by the time call the gas company etc, etc, etc. At one point I call home, and I couldn't believe it nobody was home, UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!. Soooo by the time I get home 5hrs later, not 10 minutes after, you know it somebody came home. I would call that a conspiracy wouldn't you. LOL

Karen RHT
10-15-2016, 06:14 PM
Feel so much better after reading this thread. Was beginning to think I was the only one being beaten to a pulp by Murphy. Misery loves company. :laughing::cheers:

Karen

DIANEF
10-15-2016, 06:16 PM
Oh Maria,(and Karen your post appeared as I was writing mine!) the things we have to put up with!!, but what can you do?, grit your teeth, smile and wait for the next time!

BLUE ORCHID
10-15-2016, 07:33 PM
Hi Maria:hugs: It's like the bumper stickers say ( CRAP HAPPENS )...:daydreaming:...

Maria 60
10-16-2016, 11:52 AM
Good one Karen. I think Murphy lives at my house and maybe soon I should start charging rent.

IleneD
10-16-2016, 12:31 PM
Maria, honey.
An anonymous service repair man coming to the house? One I'll never see again?
Darling, I'm dressing for that. He needs a good story to share at the bar.
I'd be looking over his shoulder checking the work all the way.