PDA

View Full Version : Down 35 lbs

Kathie Pantyhose
10-18-2016, 11:53 AM
Stress is a horrible thing but one thing it do for me recently was help me lose 35 lbs rather quickly albeit probably not the best method. It did allow me to be able to start back up running again because of the extra weight on my joints made it a bit difficult to do long distances. Best part is I look good again in my dresses and I can actually fit back in a couple pairs of heels. The extra weight made my feet swell too. Anyone else have a similar experience recently? How did it work out in the long run for you? Did you keep the weight off or did it come screaming back in waves?

I'm determined to stay at 160 if not get to 145/150 but for now I'll take what I've been given. Just thought I'd share.

What I'm wearing today:

Black 4" heels
Black Legg's ct pantyhose (ran out of Pretty Polly gloss black darn it)
Black lace push up bra (although I'm not pushing anything here really)
White spandex thong (I know it should be black but they were being washed)

bi for now

Kathie P
kathiepantyhose@yahoo.com

Any one in Colorado (Boulder area) please let me know. Just looking for friends in the area who simply like to dress.

Mickitv
10-18-2016, 11:59 AM
Congratulations sweetie for loosing the weight. However, you should be careful because stress can play tricks on your body. Maybe soon you can post a picture.

Kathie Pantyhose
10-18-2016, 12:10 PM
Yes I want to get a pic up soon just need to take the 10 mins, lol.

Thanks for the concern Mickitv. I was being monitored by Dr's during the time so I was at least safe and in control for a bit. Once the stress was finally removed, All was normal and test results were good. Years of conditioning actually helped. I'll never let myself get like that again. I'm an athlete for crying out loud. I couldn't even fit in to my running skorts. Criminal.

Ressie
10-18-2016, 05:06 PM
If I may ask, what brought on the stress?

Lana Mae
10-18-2016, 05:18 PM
If you eat right and exercise you can lose weight and be healthy. Be careful on how quickly you lose it. You can find all kinds of GOOD info on the net. Hugs Lana Mae

Tracii G
10-18-2016, 06:25 PM
Stress makes you not eat and when you don't eat as often your body stores more fat as it goes into starvation mode.
You may lose weight but it most likely won't keep it off.
Eat healthier and keep walking or jogging that should help to keep the weight off.

CONSUELO
10-18-2016, 07:28 PM
I used to lose weight when going through a stressful time at work. I'm told that it is not a good way to lose weight as stress is unhealthy for us humans and medical research seems to indicate that it can cause all sorts of other illnesses.
If you want to continue to lose weight in a healthy fashion look up fasting diets and the 5/2 fasting regime. There is a lot written about it and several medical researchers have conducted studies so I don't think it is a fad.

dolovewell
10-18-2016, 07:55 PM
I lost 50 pounds from September 2016 to July 2016. I went from 205 to 155 and a size 38 waist to 28. I went from a beer belly to 6 pack abs.

It was a long, agonizing process but totally worth it. I highly recommend losing weight. I did not do it for crossdressing reasons, but that just ended up being another benefit.

From 205 pounds to 170 pounds I used the slow carb diet with a 24-0 intermittent fasting schedule. Meaning I ate once a day, in the morning, then fasted 24 hours. On my Slow Carb Diet I was eating -875 calories below maintenance 5 days a week(M-F), had a anything goes cheat day on Saturday, and then ate 400 calories(usually a can of black beans) on Sunday Night.

Once I hit 170 I changed up the diet and went to a low fat diet. No more cheat days. 3 days a week, the days I went to the gym, I ate at maintenance calories and a 16-8 intermittent fasting schedule. Meaning fast 16 hours, then eat my food in an 8 hour window. On non workout days I ate -875 calories below maintenance. I made sure my fat intake did not exceed 50 grams a day. I did occassional carb refeeds to keep my blood sugar stable.

It wasn't fun but again completely worth it. One of the best things you can do for yourself.

Traci H
10-18-2016, 08:16 PM
I too lost weight when I finally hit a mark during the holidays last year, that I vowed not to exceed. Granted it is only 25 lbs and it took a few months, but I have maintained it. Another part of my motivation was my aching knees. They say that every pound on your upper body is like 4-6 pounds pressing on your knees. My motivation had nothing to do with crossdressing, but I find it is a better situation. I can now wear most size 12 pants and virtually no belly to hang over, unlike most of my friends. I even pulled some male pants out of my closet that I could not fit in and viola, they fit. Not that I want to wear them. I much prefer woman pants and jeans for the comfort and weight.

So how did I do it. I mostly just cut back on shoveling it in my mouth. You can exercise till you are blue in the face, and it will not have much impact. I firmly believe the old adage. "You lose ounces in the gym, and pounds in the kitchen."

Now I am questioning whether I should drop another 5 lbs or so. Hmmmm Currently at 175 and 6 ft tall. Not quite as sleek as you dolovewell, but I have 35 years on you too.

Sara Jessica
10-18-2016, 08:34 PM
Congrats on the weight loss! Don't get hung up on a number. 160 might suit you. I know that when I get below 165, I start losing in places I'd rather not lose.

dolovewell
10-18-2016, 08:39 PM
Correct Traci H, notice how in my post I hardly mentioned the gym at all. Weight loss is 95% diet. It doesn't matter how much you exercise.

Alice_2014_B
10-18-2016, 09:32 PM
Congratulations Kathie!
There's almost nothing like losing weight!
:)

bridget thronton
10-19-2016, 09:25 AM
Very well done

IamWren
10-19-2016, 09:52 AM
About three years ago I went through some pretty sever stress over a six month period but there was a HUGE culminating event that happened that poured me into a depression for about two weeks. That's all two weeks of not eating, not sleeping, heavy stress and then slowly over months I came out of it. I lost about 25 pounds.

I looked great but it was NOT a healthy way to lose the weight. After about a year I began to see the weight slowly come back. And then after two, I put on a little more. Now at the three year mark after that all happened I'm holding steady at 10 pounds below where I originally was but to keep myself there I have to be very careful of what I eat and try to exercise about three hours a week.

I really need to lose 20 or 30 pounds because I'm way too heavy for my small frame at 160. :(

sara66
10-19-2016, 12:41 PM
I understand stress & weight gain. Since coming out to my wife I have lost nearly 40lbs. Last week she was kind of mad at me because she has been wanting me to lose weight for several year. She think the only reason I have lost all this weight is so I look better in a dress. LOL That may be a small part of it, but I feel like a weight has been lifted. Partly, I can be more of my self & my father passed away earlier this year. Not that is passing is a relief, but my wife & I took care of most of his needs for the last 4 years.
Sara

Kathie Pantyhose
10-19-2016, 02:05 PM
If I may ask, what brought on the stress?

Hi Ressie - it was all work related really. Solved that one by resigning too.

Stephanie47
10-19-2016, 05:27 PM
OK Kathie, good choice. Work related stress can lead to eating too much and snarling like a dog at the people who have nothing to do with generating the stress. Just remember the body will tell you at what weight it feels comfortable.

Ressie
10-19-2016, 05:35 PM
Oh Kathie, I understand. Too bad you had to resign, but I'm sure another door will open.

Kathie Pantyhose
12-06-2016, 12:58 PM
already is honey. I've gone "indy" and I'm a supply chain consultant now. My reputation should carry me. I have a couple of projects already. Thanks for the positive words! With the travel, I'll get tons of time to dress and maybe actually go out

Territx
12-06-2016, 01:08 PM
I have experienced it before -- "former" job related stress. My recommendation is to try to keep things in balance. Since you lost the weight due to stress, some of it may come back. But now that it is off and you are exercising, etc. you have a good chance of handling the situation.

I hope the stress lets up soon because it can have so many other adverse effects.

prettytoes
12-06-2016, 01:14 PM
I've been working at it since September...down 25 lbs so far. I'd like to lose another 25 yet. I lost weight 6 years ago, but gained it back after bad discs in my neck and lower back put a halt to my workouts. Discs are no longer an issue (through exercise, inversion, and natural healing...no surgery!), so I've been working out again. The best part is all the cute racerback tops and running skorts I have. Makes me look forward to workouts! Down to size 12 jeans from size 16 in 3 months.

Tina June
12-06-2016, 01:23 PM
One year ago I got laid off from my job of 25 years. Then was diagnosed with a minor-ish heart problem. I have been exercising and dieting and have lost almost 40 pounds and have found a new job (with good health benefits!) Beer gut is almost gone, clothes fit much better and I look much better in them!

Kathie Pantyhose
12-06-2016, 01:36 PM
Hey Marlene

CONGRATS on the weight loss!!

Talk to me about heart issues. I had a heart attack a few years back and the day I was released from the cardiologist after 8 weeks of rehab, I was back on a bike. I could not have worn the dress I put in my profile pic and avatar today if it weren't for my efforts after leaving the last job. I'm still losing weight. Next goal is 155. Just 5 to go

Elizabeth G
12-06-2016, 01:47 PM
I recently lost about 30 pounds myself. It was a combination of three things. Stress over a job loss, heart problems that forced a much needed dietary change and exercise in the form of major house renovation work. I have sustained this loss for well over a year and since my habits have now changed for the better I believe the loss is sustainable for me.

DarthDaddicus
12-06-2016, 02:06 PM
Congratulations, Kathie! I have lost about 20 pounds recently from playing Pokemon Go because my wife really wanted to jump on that bandwagon. Well, once I stepped on the scale and saw the weight loss, I'm staying on that bandwagon!

Barbara Black
12-18-2016, 08:35 AM
Congratulation on all you weight losers. Now I expect some terrific pictures of how well you fit into your feminine attire!! LOL

Beverley Sims
12-18-2016, 09:49 AM
The old sage advice here, now it's off, exercise and eat both in moderation.

Keep watching the weight, eating binges will stack it on very quickly.

All the best with your new found figure. :-)

nikkiwindsor
12-18-2016, 10:44 AM
Good for you Kathie...congrats!!! About a year and half ago I went from 198 to 165 pounds and I've kept it off...this morning weighed in at 163#. My wife hates that I can lose the weight while she constantly struggles. She knows full well that I keep myself slim to fit into my bodycon dresses! ...lol! Loveyah, Nikki

ReallyLauren
12-18-2016, 02:16 PM
I can only hope I have something to contribute to this thread in the future. My New Year's resoltlution for 2017 is to lose weight!!

Kandi Robbins
12-18-2016, 07:38 PM
Wow, that is very similar to my experience, although getting out from under stress lead to my weight loss.

I too lost about 35 pounds. I too then began running and have done very well in many races.

I too am just under 160, want to get to 150 and it has made all the difference in how I wear a dress.

I am pretty sure that weight will never come back. I eat too well now. I am a runner now. I treasure how I look in my clothes too much. Having lost all the weight, I get full much more quickly. Food is no longer something I seek for comfort.

DIANEF
12-18-2016, 08:23 PM
Weight has always been a constant issue for me. I genuinely believe if I didn't CD I would be much heavier than I am (about 155lbs) as I love sweets, cakes, chocolate, beer, everything bad for you. I have stress of sorts, too complicated to go in to but I eat 'small and often' and it seems to work.

Ally 2112
12-20-2016, 07:00 PM
Congrats Kathie !. I also gained some weight over the summer got into the bad habit of eating fast food .Since then i have cut out the fast food and now snacking way healthier dropped about 13 pounds

AKADonna
12-27-2016, 06:04 AM
Great job, Kathie! I, too, am on a weight loss program being managed by my wife! I intend to lose 50 lbs overall and my wife has promised me a $50 gift certificate at Lane Bryant (my favorite store) for each 10 lbs lost and kept off for 2 weeks. I just received my first certificate and have already lost the next 10 lbs, so I'm just waiting for the 2 weeks to expire. Having womens' apparel as goals is a great motivator and its also a necessity after your lost the weight. I'm losing quickly enough that I'm saving the gift certificates until I level off and then I'll be able to buy more things that will fit me for a longer time! I still go in to LB and look around to sharpen my goals!