PDA

View Full Version : Oops I thought I was smaller!

jamie_44
02-27-2006, 08:34 PM
The new dresses and shoes I ordered arrived today. I was so excited to try them out. Shoes first, perfect fit. Next the dresses, first one was quite tight, oh well I still have the second dress to try. Nuts,this one is too small too. Bummer, but when you fall off the horse what do you do? Go order some more and try again!

Sophia Rearen
02-27-2006, 08:47 PM
When you look as good as you, you go out and buy them in person and try them on!

Laurie Ann
02-27-2006, 09:34 PM
When you look as good as you, you go out and by them in person and try them on!

Ditto.

Billijo49504
02-28-2006, 12:25 AM
Or else you get a measuring tape and measure. Then you pray they have used an honest measuring system. Better yet, go and try it on...BJ

Penny
02-28-2006, 12:44 AM
The new dresses and shoes I ordered arrived today. I was so excited to try them out. Shoes first, perfect fit. Next the dresses, first one was quite tight, oh well I still have the second dress to try. Nuts,this one is too small too. Bummer, but when you fall off the horse what do you do? Go order some more and try again!
If you desire the perfectness
then online shopping quit

Get dressed, go out into the store
and find the perfect fit

Of course, all battles can't be won
But dam it sure is fun!:heehee:

jill_4
02-28-2006, 01:30 AM
;) ;) Hi Jamie,I expect you would end up with thousands of replies if we were all honest about making mistakes in purchasing,I know I have.It's part of the learning curve and we would all like to be a size smaller !!,
Best Wishes Jill ;) ;)

uknowhoo
02-28-2006, 01:35 AM
I'm afraid that's the big pitfall of online shopping.:o
It's trial and error until you get to know a particular brand's sizing (runs a bit small/large/etc).
At least the shoes worked.
Take care Jamie.
Hugs,
Tammi

Raychel
02-28-2006, 07:16 AM
You are not alone with that problem Jamie. I once had to return a dress 4 times to JC Penney's before I actually got one that fit right. But it was a learning thing. I will never forget what size I am now. If I could only muster up the courage to just try them on in the store.

linnea
02-28-2006, 04:00 PM
I agree with several girls who responded that you look great and should go out and try on clothes in person. I made many trials and MANY errors by mail order shopping and even shopping in drab (without trying the clothes on in the store) until I finally decided that I could go out and do it en femme. It is a learning curve, but judging by what I see in your pictures, you are in the right part of the curve and have the right curves!
You go, girl!

Joanna0909a
02-28-2006, 07:56 PM
I agree with the other girls that suggested you go for it and shop as a woman so you can buy the clothes for the woman. Almost everytime I try buying without trying I am dissappointed. All of my best fits have been try ons! You can do it and you will not belive the feeling!
Hugs,
Joanna