PDA

View Full Version : Seen a fellow dresser today. London,Ontario

Alyssa Lane
10-19-2016, 07:18 PM
I had been out and about all day, so on the way home, I went into London, as starbucks PSL was calling me. Also I wanted a good athletic sweater so I looked at UA and Nike. Been looking for some good deals at Lululemon(Canada thing), but nothing yet. So while in National Sports, I had been looking at womens tops, sports bras, and athletic sweaters there, seems like the staff was fallowing me around for some reason too. Weird why they did, till I moved beside him standing there, and he left.

So as I browsed around some more, I had seen an older lady and Daughter, but something was a bit too muscular. Then she, in her flowery dress, black flats and purse walked around more, acted like I do sometimes shopping with the wife. I wasn't sure till she said something to the younger woman with her.
I thought of making a compliment, but in male drab, camo and all might have came across a bit weird.

What would any of you do, if anything like a compliment?

Lana Mae
10-19-2016, 07:27 PM
Smiled and went on about my own business, since not sure where they are on their journey. Just my 2 cents. Hugs Lana Mae

Alice Torn
10-19-2016, 07:31 PM
Pretty sure i saw one at a Salvation Army store today. Rarely seen them!

AlyssaJ
10-19-2016, 07:50 PM
Think of what you'd like to hear (or not hear) if you were in their position and offer the same to them. As long as you're genuine, who cares?

redtea
10-19-2016, 08:05 PM
probably nothing, I'm too afraid they will bite. :o

Krisi
10-20-2016, 08:11 AM
So you saw a crossdresser in public today. Well, that just about kills the theory that "nobody notices". You noticed and you are somebody.

What should you have said? Well, if it was a crossdresser, speaking to her would mean she didn't pass and that's probably a disappointment. If it was not a crossdresser but a masculine looking woman, that would have been a great insult to her and an embarrassment to you.

Best plan is to treat everyone the same. Speak if there's a reason to, don't speak if there is not.

I Am Paula
10-20-2016, 09:22 AM
Race1999-
"the staff was fallowing me around for some reason too"
"but in male drab, camo and all"
I'm guessing the camo wasn't working as well in the mall as you planned, and they spotted you.

Alyssa Lane
10-20-2016, 09:58 AM
LOL! ya I had never thought of that, might have been why the ducks seen me earlier too

Leslie Langford
10-20-2016, 10:27 AM
To Paula's point - so here was an obvious crossdresser browsing amongst the merchandise in this National Sports store, and here you were in drab (albeit in non-functioning camo - LOL!) skulking around checking out the women's tops, sports bras, and athletic sweaters.

Likely the staff thought that the Zombie Apocalypse was upon them and that all the weirdos were out that day congregating in their store due to some sort of cosmic confluence. No wonder they shadowed you to see WTF was going on here.

In principle, stores are far more concerned with shoplifting than the ethnic, racial, sexual, gender etc. make up of their clientele as everyone's money is as good as the next person's. It's when you act creepy, suspicious, and as if you are up to something - such as planning to steal their merchandise - that their antennas go up and the staff discretely (and sometimes not so discretely) starts to shadow you as the security cams alone won't do the job in those instances.

JeanTG
10-20-2016, 10:54 AM
I would have said nothing unless I had to interact with her for some reason. I say "her" because that's how she was presenting. If I had to interact with her, say she dropped something without noticing, I would simply have said "ma'am, I believed you dropped this" and handed it to her. I would have treated her exactly as she presented. I think, for any crossdresser who is out in the wild, that is about the greatest compliment you can pay her: treat her no different than you would any other lady and go about your business without giving any hint that you read her.

missymegg
10-20-2016, 11:18 AM
if you had taken the time to say "Lookin' good!" you'd probably make her day. sometimes i complement total strangers for any reason that comes into my head. amazing how people light up when you're "bold" enough to say something nice.

Ressie
10-20-2016, 11:30 AM
What would I have said? Nuttin' honey. If eye contact was made, I would have smiled.

I Am Paula
10-20-2016, 11:43 AM
Leslie Langford- Everybody knows the zombie apocalypse has been foiled. Morticians are now trying all corpses shoelaces together. It won't stop an uprising, but it will be funny.

Leslie Langford
10-20-2016, 12:37 PM
You mean there's a fighting chance that we could outrun them now??? ;) :eek:

Lorileah
10-20-2016, 04:06 PM
I see by your outfit that you are a cowboy...

You don't say anything. You wouldn't say anything to any other person in that store. Think, especially crossdressers here who are barely out of the closet how you would feel. Strange guy...in a store...acts like they "know" you or about you. Keep it to yourself

irene9999
10-20-2016, 04:31 PM
Probably just smile and move on, I'd feel odd if someone out of the blue complimented me while out dressed during the daytime unless you introduced yourself as a crossdresser (or if it was a GG)

DIANEF
10-20-2016, 06:30 PM
If I was there I'd say nothing, I've seen crossdressers come into the store where I used to work, some co-workers were very unprofessional and made a very obvious point of wanting to serve them, but other shoppers barely gave them a second look. As for being the cross dresser I'd probably be uncomfortable that someone had 'made' me and then wanted to talk to me.

Debglam
10-20-2016, 06:40 PM
Maybe just a smile? My first time out to the mall as Debby (with Melissa Rose) we are eating in a crowded food court and I am obviously nervous but no one is staring or pointing, so I start to relax and eat my lunch. I turn to see this young man approaching the table and he nervously starts gushing about how great it is to see "us" out and how attractive we look, and what a great thing this is, etc. etc. Now I would have smiled, invited him to join us, and had a conversation with him. Then. . . I wanted to run for my life! I thought he was waving a flag outing us and that all the tables around us were now staring! Probably my imagination but the point is that you are probably better off just smiling, maybe saying "hi," and moving on unless the other person wants you to talk. And then there is always the possibility that you are wrong and then . . . :argue:

dolovewell
10-20-2016, 08:05 PM
Exactly, Debglam. If you see other CDs out there just leave them be.

softer side
10-21-2016, 11:37 PM
Had to read this thread in case it was me you saw!
The obvious question is, why would you do anything?
The not so obvious answer is, you want to convey solidarity. Like a biker or Jeeper waving as they pass.
If you're looking for an interaction you could try something passive like holding a blouse up to yourself as if you were checking for fit. This might make the other person feel comfortable enough to approach you.

P.S. If you see a dude with a beard in a skirt, say hi to me!

carolyn todd
10-22-2016, 06:44 AM
We see another girls because we are all ways looking at other women when we are out, we see what there are wearing or just checking out,
it just sometimes you will see one us girls out shopping.
( like a policeman all ways looking out for trouble.)

Carolyn