PDA

View Full Version : Going to Portland, OR!

Periwinkle
10-20-2016, 08:02 PM
I'm going there with my friend because her family's going to a retro gaming convention. I was just gonna spend the weekend in drab, but my friend suggested that I crossdress instead. Needless to say, I leaped right at the offer. I've got some nice outfits planned out. She's also gonna paint my nails. I haven't had my nails painted since I was in grade school.

I don't know how much time we'll spend outside the convention, but I hope I can take a look at some of the clothing stores around the city. I can't wait. :)

dolovewell
10-20-2016, 08:03 PM
Plenty of places to go around here dressed. Good luck!

Alice_2014_B
10-20-2016, 08:15 PM
I've only been to Portland a few times, bet there is a lot of places to hit.
:)

Tiffany Jane
10-20-2016, 09:30 PM
Portland is close by for me. It is the strength of the Lgbtq community that allows me to express myself publicly. I have come across a lot of individuals who moved here for the sense of acceptance from the community. With that said, we have our arbitrary close-minded individuals. If you can't get out very often, don't let this opportunity slip by. Be you.

Tracy Irving
10-21-2016, 12:32 AM
There are many documentaries on the history of gaming. I never knew there was a convention for it. That is awesome! Being dresses will make it that much better. Have a great weekend.

Trishpdxcd2
10-21-2016, 08:56 AM
Well I live here and don't get out much but do on occasion. There is a group http://www.rosecitytgirls.com/ you might want to check out. There is also a transformation studio if you are interested in that called Over the Rainbow. Most places are welcoming if you go out in other places I would think you would be fine here. There are a couple of places girls go...The Escape...Rose City Girls go there on Saturdays, a place called Crush..never been but I know girls go there and a place called the Embers. The Embers have female impersonators and a lot of girsl and admirers go there on the weekend.

Mickey_43
10-22-2016, 11:10 AM
Don't forget Darcelle's.

I'm not sure how much of NW 23rd is open but that is one of our hip, trendy enclaves that you may enjoy. Take a break from gaming and shopping to explore the food culture too.